4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 74

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO What's strange is that LE found something underlined on a page in a book any book! Did they go page by page of every book in the house looking for something underlined? Is that SOP of a search warrant? If so why?

Seems very peculiar and that they must have been seeking a very specific detail in order to take the time to even find one underlined passage in a book. MOO

My apologies for not being completely caught up on all details as I've been consumed by the 6 week Murdaugh trial. We got a Guilty Verdict today from his jury. Yay!

It is simply a guess that the book was opened to the page with an underlined passage with the agens saw it. Perhaps the book was open on a desk or bedside table in his room or from wherever it was taken.

In the JonBenet murder, there is a page in the home's dictionary with the corner turned down pointing to the word: incest.

For those who liked typed versions. Putting this here for reference.
From Daily Mail UK (link at bottom)
EVIDENCE FROM PA HOUSE:
Knife
Book with underlining on page 118
AT&T bill for Bryan C. Kohberger
Glock 22 Gen S. 40 Caliber serial #BMXVSQI
Smith & Wesson pocket knife
Folder containing vehicle paperwork
Acer laptop
Green leafy substance in green container
Documents
Green leafy substance in plastic bag
White paper with password
Power cable
Cell phone
Three Glock 40 caliber magazines (empty)
Books
Black face masks
Prescription
Black gloves
1 black hat 1 black mask
Personal identifying documents
New Balance shoes
Dark colored jacket
Dark jackets
Dark color shirts
Dark color pants
Clear plastic glove
Laptop with damage
Record of sale Glock 22. Gen s 40 Caliber
Item photographed but not taken
Note in desk
Criminal psychology book
Documents
XL Columbia Navy fleece
A man's hand drawing
10 (non legible) inside glove inside box
Various criminology books, notes, license, card
Dark color hats
Black gloves
Motherboard
Washington State University paperwork
Note from Bryan from Montana
Medical documents
Court documents
Note to Dad from Bryan
Colored spiral notebook
Dark colored clothes
HP all-in-one computer
Dark clothes in laundry basket
Taylor cutlery knife with leather sheath
Four buccal swabs
2 pair of dark colored boots
1 pair of brown boots
FROM THE WHITE HYUNDAI ELANTRA:
Swabs
Ziplock bag with pink zipper
Plastic baggie with green zipper
7 quarters
36 dimes
32 nickels
8 pennies
Gloves
Receipts
Car insurance card
Car registration
Hiking boots
Comfort Inn room key holder and stay information
Tire irons
Shovel
Goggles
Floor mats
Reflective vest
Used water bottles
Wrench
Door panel
Seats and seat cushions
Headrests
Seatbelt
Visor
Fiber
Brake pedal
Gas pedal
Phone charger
Band aid
Wrappers
Maps
Documents
Seat Belt
Boot
FROM PREVIOUSLY UNSEALED WARRANT; (Person)
One silver flashlight
Four medical style gloves
White Arizona jean co. large t-shirt
Champion WSU large black sweatshirt
Pair of black and white size 13 Nike shoes
Pair of black Under Armour socks
Under Armour black large shorts
Under Armour black boxers large
One buccal swab

Original handwritten & above typed version (copied from) available at Daily Mail UK link.

It's likely not new either way. Growing up in the Poconos and now living in Pullman, he likely always has/had a shovel in his car. MOO.
PA is different, I guess? I have friends who grew up in Maine, New Hampshire. Some still have houses there now. I went to school in the Berkshires for 6 years (4+2) and spent the first 28 years of my life in the city of Boston. Traveling often up into New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont. Frequented NYC and Upstate New York to visit friends. Fall, Spring, Summer, and the dead of winter.

Never had a shovel in my trunk. Never knew anyone who had a shovel in their truck. But then again I lived in California and always laughed at people who rode around with snow chains in their trunk. I never knew those even existed. Maybe us New Englanders are just different? MOO

PA is different, I guess? I have friends who grew up in Maine, New Hampshire. Some still have houses there now. I went to school in the Berkshires for 6 years (4+2) and spent the first 28 years of my life in the city of Boston. Traveling often up into New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont. Frequented NYC and Upstate New York to visit friends. Fall, Spring, Summer, and the dead of winter.

Never had a shovel in my trunk. Never knew anyone who had a shovel in their truck. But then again I lived in California and always laughed at people who rode around with snow chains in their trunk. I never knew those even existed. Maybe us New Englanders are just different? MOO

Unlikely that it's a New England thing as I spent half my life in New England and always had a shovel as did my neighbors/friends. You never had to shovel your car out after a storm just to back up? I sure did. It's just part of winter driving safety to have one, IMO. Interesting that your experience is different. IMO, there's nothing unusual about BK having a shovel given where he lives, where he's from and the winter road trip.

Do we know what kind of shovel it is? Is it a flat head snow shovel or a garden shovel one might use to help bury evidence in the earth? No, he wouldn't keep a shovel that touched any CS evidence. CSI can analyze soil samples like they did in the Petito case to determine a likely source location. Might could locate that place he stopped at Johnson City if we had a soil sample from the shovel.

I've driven on snow covered roads in big cities like Chicago and such. Their snow is dry; no problems driving thru parking lots with snow up to the door handles. Plow right through it. The snow in the south is wet, gets mushy and messy. I shall assume Idaho has dry snow. Average annual snowfall in ID is 47". That is a dry climate.

I say, for now, the shovel is innocuous. Why is there no mention of trace evidence, such as lint, hair or fur? Had he cleaned it out that thoroughly that the vacuum came up empty?

Unlikely that it's a New England thing as I spent half my life in New England and always had a shovel as did my neighbors/friends. You never had to shovel your car out after a storm just to back up? I sure did. It's just part of winter driving safety to have one, IMO. Interesting that your experience is different. IMO, there's nothing unusual about BK having a shovel given where he lives, where he's from and the winter road trip.
Ditto with boots (rain and snow) in the PNW. Would have been abnormal if he hadn't had hiking boots in the car.

GUN PERMIT? Bringing this over from last thread.
@Dotta asked: "Did he have permit to have a gun?"

Good question, but before we ask that --- Do we know,
was BCK the owner of the handgun referenced in Return of Service and seized in PA? IDK, but if so, this info may apply.

A FEDERAL background check is conducted before most anyone may lawfully purchase a hand gun in the US. See:

STATE HANDGUN LAWS
St. of WASHINGTON, where BCK lived for several months:
State permit required to purchase? No.
Firearm registration? Partial, see link.
Owner license required? No.
Permit required for concealed carry? N/A, Washington is a "shall-issue" state and will grant concealed carry permits to all applicants who meet the criteria.
Background checks required for private sales? Yes, see link.
Gun laws in Washington (state) - Wikipedia

St. of PENNSYLVNIA, where BCK lived for most of his life:
State permit required to purchase? No.
Firearm registration? No, but see more at link.
Owner license required? No.
Permit required for concealed carry? Pennsylvania is a "shall issue" state for citizens and lawful permanent residents who are 21 years or older. A License to Carry Firearms is required to carry a firearm concealed on one's person, in a vehicle, or during a declared state of emergency. See link.
Background checks required for private sales? No, but see link.

The warrant allows police to use a number of what Mauro described as "jail-breaking" techniques for police to access private data in the phone, including holding it up to his face if it is locked by facial recognition or force a finger swipe to unlock it with a fingerprint.

Lust of items taken from Pa home at link.

edited to add:

The shovel from the car is also interesting. One might assume that travelling across the country in the winter with a storm coming, it would be wise to have a shovel in the car. But once it is tested by the lab, wonder if it will show that the shovel was new and never used, or if it was used to dig in the dirt, perhaps to bury clothing or other items.
Agreed. There could be an innocuous explanation, or the opposite. Time will tell….

EVIDENCE FROM PA HOUSE:
Knife
Acer laptop
Documents
Power cable
Cell phone
Books
Black face masks
Prescription
Black gloves
1 black hat 1 black mask
New Balance shoes
Dark colored jacket
Dark jackets
Dark color shirts
Dark color pants
Clear plastic glove
Laptop with damage
Note in desk
Criminal psychology book
Documents
XL Columbia Navy fleece
A man's hand drawing
Dark color hats
Black gloves
Motherboard
Medical documents
Court documents
Note to Dad from Bryan
Colored spiral notebook
Dark colored clothes
HP all-in-one computer
Four buccal swabs
1 pair of brown boots
Swabs
7 quarters
36 dimes
32 nickels
8 pennies
Gloves
Receipts
Car insurance card
Car registration
Hiking boots
Tire irons
Shovel
Goggles
Floor mats
Reflective vest
Used water bottles
Wrench
Door panel
Seats and seat cushions
Headrests
Seatbelt
Visor
Fiber
Brake pedal
Gas pedal
Phone charger
Band aid
Wrappers
Maps
Documents
Seat Belt
Boot
One silver flashlight
One buccal swab

Original handwritten & above typed version (copied from) available at Daily Mail UK link.
Is Montana a person or state in this instance? Without breaking rules, do we know of someone named Montana? JMHO

Shovel might be normal to have but since they are looking for evidence it’s irudent to see if the shovel has any specific soil, spores or micro evidence of where it might have been used.

Of course. I'm sure it'll be tested and like @Sundog said, it'll be interesting to see what it shows. I'm just saying I'd be more surprised if he didn't have a shovel in the car. Same with boots as @Sister Golden Hair mentioned. MOO.

Any Australians have any idea how fast things generally go from ID (US) to out here? I live in a household with Foxtel, including ID, but I don't know how fast things show up. I know we got I'll Be Gone In The Dark fast, but that was HBO, and we get a lot of UK stuff fast or at the same time through BBC First. Any ideas about ID? I'd like to watch this when everyone else on here is watching it, but I fear it won't turn up on my local ID for a year.

EVIDENCE FROM PA HOUSE:
Knife
Acer laptop
Documents
Power cable
Cell phone
Books
Black face masks
Prescription
Black gloves
1 black hat 1 black mask
New Balance shoes
Dark colored jacket
Dark jackets
Dark color shirts
Dark color pants
Clear plastic glove
Laptop with damage
Note in desk
Criminal psychology book
Documents
XL Columbia Navy fleece
A man's hand drawing
Dark color hats
Black gloves
Motherboard
Medical documents
Court documents
Note to Dad from Bryan
Colored spiral notebook
Dark colored clothes
HP all-in-one computer
Four buccal swabs
1 pair of brown boots
Swabs
7 quarters
36 dimes
32 nickels
8 pennies
Gloves
Receipts
Car insurance card
Car registration
Hiking boots
Tire irons
Shovel
Goggles
Floor mats
Reflective vest
Used water bottles
Wrench
Door panel
Seats and seat cushions
Headrests
Seatbelt
Visor
Fiber
Brake pedal
Gas pedal
Phone charger
Band aid
Wrappers
Maps
Documents
Seat Belt
Boot
One silver flashlight
One buccal swab

Fiber…got my fingers crossed on that one.

Any Australians have any idea how fast things generally go from ID (US) to out here? I live in a household with Foxtel, including ID, but I don't know how fast things show up. I know we got I'll Be Gone In The Dark fast, but that was HBO, and we get a lot of UK stuff fast or at the same time through BBC First. Any ideas about ID? I'd like to watch this when everyone else on here is watching it, but I fear it won't turn up on my local ID for a year.
I live in US, so don’t know, but I doubt there will be any new info. Just everybody breaking news that’s already been broke. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304