4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #81

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attorney list:

Prosecution team:
William Wofford Thompson,Jr Prosecutor
Ashley Jennings Senior Deputy Prosecutor
Jeffery D. Nye Deputy Attorney General
Ingrid C. Batey Deputy Attorney General

Defense Team:
Anne C. Taylor Chief Public Defender
Jay W. Logsdon Chief Deputy of Litigation
Elisa G. Massoth Criminal Defense Attorney

Goncalves Family Attorney
Shanon L. Gray

Three Unknowns from Zoom hearing (gag order):
Counsel and Co counsel for ?
Counsel for ?

Press Attorneys:
Wendy J. Olson
Cory M. Carone

Please add to the list if I missed someone.
MOO

@Nila Aella Thank you so much for your post w atty list.
I'm reporting on my post to ask a Mod to include this (or a link to this) on this first page of each thread.
And to include the law firm name (added a few posts down by Sister Golden Hair, TYVM) w the atty names for media consortium (press atty's) opposing gag order.

Thanks for helping all of us remember who's who.

In addition to BTK, I see elements of several other highly publicized murderers.

Ted Bundy (one of whose later sprees involved killing young women in a sorority house; also he famously studied law and was a rape crisis hotline volunteer, trying to "help" people; psychosexual killer imo). Dr Lewis, whom we saw in the Stauch trial believes Ted turned super-killer after a rejection by a woman he loved.

Joe DeAngelo (who was a policeman and a hot prowler, burglar, then a rapist and then serial killer, and went from single kills to double kills as he went along; his DNA was used to capture and convict him, as investigators lifted it from his car door handle; he is prison for life - but went free for a long time; psychosexual killer imo). Married, to a lawyer, had two children.

Ed Kemper (intelligent man, very friendly to police, ingratiated himself to police, hung out at the station and the local coffee house most frequented by police; hoped to become a policeman, was rejected; had to convince a policeman that he had just murdered someone, because they thought he was pranking; psychosexual killer imo). Had mother issues (to put it mildly). All victims were women. He was known as the Co-Ed Killer.

There was another person, never caught, who killed co-eds in a different manner, up in Marin and Napa Counties. Had many victims, I think it was Frank Manalli (the case is called the Santa Rosa hitchhiker murders). Other suspects have been proposed. Sadistic psychosexual killer, never charged, despite having sadistic drawings of one of the victims in his vehicle.

All of the above men, including BTK, masqueraded as normal. We could also add the Boston Strangler, masqueraded as normal. I do believe he killed more than once, but he's controversial.

Does that mean BK is a psychosexual killer too? I lean toward "maybe" since knifing is an unusual, penetrating act, and I believe the targets were all young women. It really doesn't matter. I think most of these killers had other, serious psychiatric symptoms - but nothing, so far, enables us to predict who is going to be a mass murderer or serial killer.

Aside from serial killers, Kohberger does have a few things in common with the crime plan proposed by Elliot Rodger, who wanted to kill "beautiful blonde women" from a particular sorority. He just never got to Phase B of his spree.

Kohberger is unusual as a mass murderer, but so was BTK when he started out.

IMO.

In addition to BTK, I see elements of several other highly publicized murderers.

Ted Bundy (one of whose later sprees involved killing young women in a sorority house; also he famously studied law and was a rape crisis hotline volunteer, trying to "help" people; psychosexual killer imo). Dr Lewis, whom we saw in the Stauch trial believes Ted turned super-killer after a rejection by a woman he loved.

Joe DeAngelo (who was a policeman and a hot prowler, burglar, then a rapist and then serial killer, and went from single kills to double kills as he went along; his DNA was used to capture and convict him, as investigators lifted it from his car door handle; he is prison for life - but went free for a long time; psychosexual killer imo). Married, to a lawyer, had two children.

Ed Kemper (intelligent man, very friendly to police, ingratiated himself to police, hung out at the station and the local coffee house most frequented by police; hoped to become a policeman, was rejected; had to convince a policeman that he had just murdered someone, because they thought he was pranking; psychosexual killer imo). Had mother issues (to put it mildly). All victims were women. He was known as the Co-Ed Killer.

There was another person, never caught, who killed co-eds in a different manner, up in Marin and Napa Counties. Had many victims, I think it was Frank Manalli (the case is called the Santa Rosa hitchhiker murders). Other suspects have been proposed. Sadistic psychosexual killer, never charged, despite having sadistic drawings of one of the victims in his vehicle.

All of the above men, including BTK, masqueraded as normal. We could also add the Boston Strangler, masqueraded as normal. I do believe he killed more than once, but he's controversial.

Does that mean BK is a psychosexual killer too? I lean toward "maybe" since knifing is an unusual, penetrating act, and I believe the targets were all young women. It really doesn't matter. I think most of these killers had other, serious psychiatric symptoms - but nothing, so far, enables us to predict who is going to be a mass murderer or serial killer.

Aside from serial killers, Kohberger does have a few things in common with the crime plan proposed by Elliot Rodger, who wanted to kill "beautiful blonde women" from a particular sorority. He just never got to Phase B of his spree.

Kohberger is unusual as a mass murderer, but so was BTK when he started out.

IMO.
IIRC ER started his rampage at the Alpha Pi sorority house.

Last edited:
Upthread are links today to BK's parents testifying in front of a GJ in the case of a missing woman in PA. If I'm doing this right, here is the shared link to the thread for Dana Smithers here on WS:

Found Deceased - PA - Dana Kristine Smithers, 45, left friend's home at night, has a young daughter, Stroudsburg, Monroe Co, 28 May 2022
One article said Smithers was in recovery, so perhaps there was a link there, with BK. Either when using, or when recovering. IMO MOO

Bryan Kohberger’s family searched his car for evidence​

Bryan Kohberger’s sister feared that her brother was involved in the stabbings of four University of Idaho students before police swooped on their parents’ home and arrested him for murder, according to a bombshell report.

Sources told NBC’s Dateline that one of the accused killer’s older siblings grew increasingly suspicious of her brother and his behaviour when the family gathered to spend the holidays together.

Her suspicions were so great that – at one point – several family members searched Mr Kohberger’s white Hyundai Elantra for possible evidence of the crime, they said.

But, during his time at home, his family members noticed that he was behaving somewhat bizarrely.

The source said that Mr Kohberger was constantly wearing latex gloves, including inside their own home.

One of his two older sisters began to wonder if he could have played a part in the murders – and, at one point, she raised her concerns with her other family members.

She “loudly pointed out” that, at the time of the murders, her brother was living just a few miles from the crime scene and that he drove a white Hyundai Elantra – the make and colour of vehicle at the centre of the investigation.

Along with his bizarre tendency to wear latex gloves at all times, she believed that the family should consider that Mr Kohberger might have killed the four victims, the source said.

Mr Kohberger’s father allegedly defended his son and insisted he could not have been involved.

But the concerns were clearly big enough for several of the family members to reportedly decide to search the 28-year-old’s vehicle to look for possible evidence.

Last edited:
I agree, <modsnip: referenced post was removed> about BK and potential links to BTK. I wrote this post over a month or so ago, and decided to save it off until the time seemed right. Hopefully this is the right time, and it will be taken as always, MOO on potential links:

Since I have been asked on these threads a few times why I think BK intended to murder 4 people in a residence that night (if he is guilty), this is one of them for which I'm offering the basis for my opinion.

BK could have planned for and been driven to commit a quadruple murder that night due to some other (and BTK's) crimes he could have known about and/or been influenced by and/or (I cringe to say) inspired him to copy some key aspects of other crimes.

IMO and MOO (BBM):

BK could have emulated to commit his first murders as a quadruple murder with similarities to the BTK killer (Dennis Rader), whose first murder was killing 4 people inside their home (2 females).

In the case of Maddie and Xana, they were 2 females killed inside their home, and Kaylee (back staying at her recently 'previous' home for the weekend), and Ethan (staying over with Xana) were also killed, totaling 4 people killed inside the home.

The eerie links between Bryan Kohberger and the BTK, Golden State and Grim Sleeper murderers
“At the time of his arrest, Kohberger was studying at Washington State University just nine miles from the scene of the murders. He had recently graduated from DeSales University in Center Valley, Pa., where he was a star student of Dr. Katherine Ramsland, a forensic psychologist focused on “extreme offenders.”

The author of 69 books, Ramsland made headlines when she collaborated with infamous serial killer Dennis Rader — a.k.a. the “Bind, Torture, Kill [BTK]” murderer — on “Confession of a Serial Killer: The Untold Story of Dennis Rader, the BTK Killer.””

Dennis Rader - Wikipedia
“On January 15, 1974, four members of the Otero family were murdered in Wichita, Kansas.[32] The victims were Joseph Otero, age 38; Julie Otero, age 33; Joseph Otero Jr., age 9; and Josephine Otero, age 11. Their bodies were discovered by the family's three older children, Charlie, Danny, and Carmen, who had been at school at the time of the killings.[32][33] After his 2005 arrest, Rader confessed to killing the Otero family.[34]

BTK (Rader) is quoted as saying he thinks the Otero murder case is similar to the Moscow murders and understands BK’s “dark mind”, and BTK’s daughter suspected BK may have tried to contact her father:

BTK Serial Killer Says Idaho Murder Suspect Shares Some Of His Traits
"Notorious serial killer Dennis Rader claimed that Idaho quadruple murder suspect Bryan Kohberger shares some of his traits.
  1. BTK serial killer Dennis Rader said he understands Idaho murder suspect Bryan Kohberger's "dark mind"
  2. Rader said he imprinted his DNA in the Otero murder case, similar to what the suspect in the Idaho killings did
  3. Rader's daughter suspected that Kohberger may have tried to contact her father
Rader — who called himself BTK, which stood for "Bind, Torture, Kill," the method he used to kill his victims — said in an email to TMZ that he understands Kohberger's "dark mind" and believes the suspect would lie in wait for his victims, stalking them and casing their home.

Rader claimed that all of this was "much like I did."

The BTK serial killer argued that the slaying of the four University of Idaho students in an off-campus residence in Moscow, Idaho, on Nov.13, 2022, was eerily similar to Rader's gruesome 1974 murders of the Otero family in Kansas.

"Murder four, much like the Oteros, up close and personal stabbed,"
Rader told the outlet, although he asphyxiated four Otero family members."

I do think he admires BTK Serial Killer.
Do you think he practiced killing before the quadruple homicide that night?

Bryan Kohberger’s sister feared that her brother was involved in the stabbings of four University of Idaho students before police swooped on their parents’ home and arrested him for murder, according to a bombshell report.

Sources told NBC’s Dateline that one of the accused killer’s older siblings grew increasingly suspicious of her brother and his behaviour when the family gathered to spend the holidays together.

Her suspicions were so great that – at one point – several family members searched Mr Kohberger’s white Hyundai Elantra for possible evidence of the crime, they said.

But, during his time at home, his family members noticed that he was behaving somewhat bizarrely.

The source said that Mr Kohberger was constantly wearing latex gloves, including inside their own home.

One of his two older sisters began to wonder if he could have played a part in the murders – and, at one point, she raised her concerns with her other family members.

She “loudly pointed out” that, at the time of the murders, her brother was living just a few miles from the crime scene and that he drove a white Hyundai Elantra – the make and colour of vehicle at the centre of the investigation.

Along with his bizarre tendency to wear latex gloves at all times, she believed that the family should consider that Mr Kohberger might have killed the four victims, the source said.

Mr Kohberger’s father allegedly defended his son and insisted he could not have been involved.

But the concerns were clearly big enough for several of the family members to reportedly decide to search the 28-year-old’s vehicle to look for possible evidence.

YIKES!
It takes a lot to think your own sibling committed murder unless there were ed flags growing up. How many people would think their brother committed murder? Most people go into denial.

A lawyer for Mr Kohberger’s parents, Michael and Maryann Kohberger, tried unsuccessfully to have the subpoenas cancelled, the source told CNN.

Mr Kohberger’s sister feared that her brother was involved in the stabbings of four University of Idaho students before police swooped on their parents’ home in December and arrested him for murder, according to a new report.

That's super weird actually. To think that your sister will simply be suspicious of you for a quadruple murder is wild. It's not only by coincidence or because he drove the same vehicle. There must be something else. Also the fact he was bagging HIS PERSONAL TRASH and taking to a neighbor's trash can is also eerie right? I don't live in the US but I believe every household has it's own trash can ??? IDK everything is vey odd and kinda coincidental - I don't believe in coincidences.

Everything only grows even more suspicious.... IMO

A lawyer for Mr Kohberger’s parents, Michael and Maryann Kohberger, tried unsuccessfully to have the subpoenas cancelled, the source told CNN.

Mr Kohberger’s sister feared that her brother was involved in the stabbings of four University of Idaho students before police swooped on their parents’ home in December and arrested him for murder, according to a new report.

Wow, BK wore gloves once home in PA 2,000 miles from the murders. That wasn't the first time he did this, either, he was reportedly seen wearing gloves at the grocery store weeks after the murders while still in WA/ID:

Bryan Kohberger stalked Idaho victims before murders, wore gloves in grocery store weeks afterward: report

He must have been having some kind of issues with his hands (covid/germ touching surfaces concerns while out shopping ? dermatitis?) to keep them gloved in a public place like a grocery store.

However, if he continued to do this when home with family over the holidays, I have to wonder if he either never gave them an explanation (like above possibilities), and/or he did but it didn't make sense to them?

Him wearing latex gloves while at home is not wholly surprising, though, viewed within the context of him wearing them late at night when he was arrested and found separating his trash into baggies:

Bryan Kohberger was wearing latex gloves, separating his trash into baggies when police raided parents' home: Prosecutor
"Authorities in Pennsylvania say that when police arrested Idaho University murder suspect Bryan Kohberger in his parents’ home two months ago, he was wearing latex gloves and separating his personal trash from the family’s kitchen garbage, placing his own refuse into several sealable plastic baggies."

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member