4-year-old Boy Drives Mom's Car, Crashes

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by JBean, Oct 14, 2011.

1. JBean

JBean Retired WS Administrator

How is this even possible! LOL

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-boy-drives-car-fullerton,0,3358913.story?track=rss

FULLERTON, Calif. (KTLA) -- An investigation is under way in Fullerton after a 4-year-old boy took his mother's car for a joyride and eventually flipped the vehicle and crashed, police said.

snip

Investigators say the child drove along State College Boulevard during rush-hour traffic, sideswiped another vehicle, crossed into oncoming traffic, and rolled the vehicle. The car landed on its tires, and the boy continued for about a third of a mile before slamming into trees, police said.

2. Loading...

3. Kimster

Kimster Former Member

I used to work on St. College in Fullerton back in the 80s and it was busy then! I can't even imagine how this could have happened without killing someone!

:gasp:

4. DollyPardonMe

DollyPardonMe New Member

This little boy is lucky to be alive. The Summit House restaurant is located on Bastanchury Rd. To get to St College it is all rolling hills and he could have rolled that SUV anywhere down those hills. The traffic at 4:00 is not only busy, the cars go at least 50 mph down that hill to St College! Someone was watching out for that little man!

5. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

Very lucky no one was hurt badly. Glad the little one will be okay, though I am sure he will be a while getting over the scare.

This will be my DGS someday. I just know it. He is only 17 mos. old right now, and he Has. No. Fear.

LOL I am already concerned.

6. Angels_Not_Forgotten

Angels_Not_Forgotten Anxiously Awaiting a WINNING NFL Season!

i'm so confused about how this is possible. if the child was saw standing on the seat, then how was the gas peddle being pushed? i'm confused :(

7. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Active Member

It was all downhill?

8. UdbCrzy2

UdbCrzy2 New Member

Once my cousin got out of her car, left it running and her twins locked the doors and took over. They did not go very far before they hit another car. Kids are really curious about driving.

9. mimimama5

mimimama5 One Crazy mama cowgirl

My DH found out the hard way that our young boys 3 and 4 know how to start Moms Excursion! The keys were in the console, the boys were sitting in the truck watching a movie while we were standing 10 Ft away watching their brothers football game. Thank goodness we were right there because I have no doubt that they would have managed to drive it somehow. They managed to get the keys, select the correct one, and start the truck! We have since institued much safer key handling procedures. All keys are clipped onto an adult while out and about, or if we are home for the night all keys are put up safely out of reach and out of sight for curious little boys. Our first 3 children were not nearly as mischeivious as the 2 youngest. They are getting craftier as we get older lol

10. DollyPardonMe

DollyPardonMe New Member

Yes, from where she got out to make a pjone call at the restaurant, to get to St College it is all rolling hills downhill..That's why he is a very lucky little boy!

11. Angels_Not_Forgotten

Angels_Not_Forgotten Anxiously Awaiting a WINNING NFL Season!

Thanks! I wasn't doubting it happened just wondered how in the world the little guy pulled it off! So glad it didn't have a different outcome!