4-Year-Old Girl Denied Santa Visit For Not Buying Photo

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by Maral, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Maral

Maral New Member

Link
    A mall in Massachusetts issued an apology after a 4-year-old girl was apparently told she was not allowed to sit on Santa's lap unless she purchased a $21 picture of the meeting, according to a Local 6 News report.

Maria Grigorian said she took her daughter, Michelle, to the North Shore Mall in Peabody to visit Santa Claus.

However, when the 4-year-old got to the front of the line, she was not allowed to sit on Santa's lap because her mother did not have cash to pay for the picture.

Grigorian said the least expensive photo offered was $21.

"I am a single mom and don't have that money right now," Grigorian said.

Michele was so upset over the incident that she burst into tears and left with her mother.

2. Loading...

3. NewMom2003

NewMom2003 Former Member

That's ridiculous to deny this little girl a visit with Santa. People can be so rude and ugly at times. :mad: How traumatic for the little girl.

4. poco

poco A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.

Yeah, and I bet it probably wasn't even the real Santa anyway!

5. SadieMae

SadieMae Former Member

$21 for a freaking picture? That's so riduculous and just goes to my belief Christmas has gotten too commercialized and it's all about the money. I feel sorry for that little girl, and SHAME ON SANTA!!! He deserves to be knocked in the head with a big lump of coal.

6. WISCer

WISCer Former Member

Oh, now that's just wrong......:furious:

7. nanandjim

nanandjim Former Member

How absolutely disgusting. They have to make a buck off of everything. Now, kids don't even have the thrill of sitting on Santa's lap unless you are willing to pay big bucks for the photos.

I have the money, and I would wouldn't' pay $21 for a picture.

8. Sniffy38

Sniffy38 New Member

I hope the next kid pees on Santa's lap!

9. Details

Details Former Member

Santa didn't decide that - we need to get the manager that made the stupid policy. I bet right now they're finding it's quite an expensive policy too.

Really, really dumb - parents are such suckers for photos like that (trust me, I am becoming one, and you should see my husband), that coercing them is just unnecessary.

10. GreenEyedGirl

GreenEyedGirl New Member

That's sad! Poor little girl. I wouldn't pay $21 for a picture, that's ridiculous.

11. Beyond Belief

Beyond Belief New Member

There should be serious ramifications for whomever made that decision. I believe the group should be forced to supply that mother with "at least" a $200.00 mall gift ceritificate. Adults forget what its like to believe in "the man". I think that child had a terrible encounter that she'll remember probably with fear for the rest of her life.

12. lynie

lynie New Member

I agree...they should get a mall certificate and a personal visit from the man in red on Christmas Eve :furious:

13. angelmom

angelmom The love stays...forever in our hearts

Wow, this was a very expensive PR screw up. I have NEVER heard of having to buy the pictures!!! I know at our mall they have a million choices, the least of which is about $7, but I usually bring my own camera so I have a choice of shots. No one has ever objected.

As we say here in the south, that is just tacky.