4 years later, what do we think of the case / verdict now?

Grandparents choosing their pathological lying daughter over their granddaughter still disturbs me. My mom would NEVER do that .... NEVER. this is a family of sociopaths and poor caylee never had a chance IMO. I'd be interested to see whose pictures are on their wall.

And for the non believers ... BS on most your thoughts! Those initial 911 calls were real ... Cindy frantic and revealing evidence of her lying daughter before she realized caylee was dead was all i needed to know casey was to blame. Then the evidence came. This was not a circumstantial case and i personally blame the prosecution. I felt it was rushed for or bc of the attention - either way - they blew it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk

Grandparents choosing their pathological lying daughter over their granddaughter still disturbs me. My mom would NEVER do that .... NEVER. this is a family of sociopaths and poor caylee never had a chance IMO. I'd be interested to see whose pictures are on their wall.

And for the non believers ... BS on most your thoughts! Those initial 911 calls were real ... Cindy frantic and revealing evidence of her lying daughter before she realized caylee was dead was all i needed to know casey was to blame. Then the evidence came. This was not a circumstantial case and i personally blame the prosecution. I felt it was rushed for or bc of the attention - either way - they blew it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk

And what Mom of a missing child gets handed the phone with the 911 dispatcher and says.. I have nothing to say to them....

And what Mom of a missing child gets handed the phone with the 911 dispatcher and says.. I have nothing to say to them....

That is truly amazing.. But now knowing that she knew Caylee was dead.. not surprising. She did not even try to fake sad and concern.. all she could manage was annoyance.

I don't know what to think of the Anthonys other than they are really screwed up.
When Caylee is "missing" I see Cindy ready to pass by Casey to find Caylee. She was her only concern. She was willing to toss Casey to the cops.. Once she knew that Caylee was dead she went into protect Casey mode.

I don't understand it. I don't get this whole case. I still am so disturbed by it all.

The statement "if you can't prove how or when the person died, than you can not say it was murder" is not a factual statement. There are many many examples of convictions where the person's cause of death could not be assessed, yet the convictions held up on appeal. Interestingly though, there are few if any examples of a child accidently drowning in a pool, no call for help, no report of the accident, lots of lies, and the child ended up bagged and dumped in the woods. The Jury got it wrong.

The statement "if you can't prove how or when the person died, than you can not say it was murder" is not a factual statement. There are many many examples of convictions where the person's cause of death could not be assessed, yet the convictions held up on appeal. Interestingly though, there are few if any examples of a child accidently drowning in a pool, no call for help, no report of the accident, lots of lies, and the child ended up bagged and dumped in the woods. The Jury got it wrong.

You would have to say in the absence of all other injuries tested for by the ME's office.. that finding the child in that state triple bagged with duct tape on her face would suggest the cause of death was suffocation. Also expert testimony places that body in the woods at 6 months which coincides with the 31 days of lying and the time at which she was last seen alive. I can't believe the jury got this wrong even 4 years later.

Forensic evidence is not a requirement to obtain a conviction.

I'm afraid as a society- or perhaps just some 12 dodos from Pinellas County- we (figuratively speaking) don't put as much importance on the life of a child. I said at the time, that if it was a spouse (male/female) who went missing for 30 days and wasn't reported missing by the other spouse, and the very much alive spouse then partied for 30 days without showing concern for the missing spouse, and who ultimately had sole possession of a car that smelled like decomp, no one would think twice of convicting that person of 1st degree murder, regardless of anything else the prosecution may have had.
Casey wasn't careless- she was diabolical. Who throws their child away as trash? jmo

That is truly amazing.. But now knowing that she knew Caylee was dead.. not surprising. She did not even try to fake sad and concern.. all she could manage was annoyance.

I don't know what to think of the Anthonys other than they are really screwed up.
When Caylee is "missing" I see Cindy ready to pass by Casey to find Caylee. She was her only concern. She was willing to toss Casey to the cops.. Once she knew that Caylee was dead she went into protect Casey mode.

I don't understand it. I don't get this whole case. I still am so disturbed by it all.

I agree very much with this, my thoughts exactly.

You know what is ironic? Folks point to the innocence project to highlight the innocent convicted. Forensics was used to exonerate these people, yet all of the forensics admitted didn't matter in FCA's case. I guess if it exonerates you, it is science, if it tries to convict you, it is voodoo science.

I am trying to get caught up from work. Did Cindy state somewhere she knew Caylee was dead? I believe she knew it, but I did not know if she ever stated it or not.

I am trying to get caught up from work. Did Cindy state somewhere she knew Caylee was dead? I believe she knew it, but I did not know if she ever stated it or not.
"There's something wrong. I found my daughter's car today and it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car." (Transcript from 911 call made by Cindy). Cindy will never admit it, but she knew the day they got the car back that her granddaughter was no longer alive and that her daughter was responsible. :moo:

It seems that people DO get convicted of murder even without a known cause of death. hmmmm....

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-...role-for-murders-of-child-mother-in-tallmadge

"A Summit County judge sentenced convicted killer, Daniel Tighe, to life in prison without parole for the deaths of his former girlfriend and their young son.

On March 20, a jury voted to spare Tighe, 41, from a death sentence for the aggravated murder of 5-year-old Peyton Ralston.

In addition to imposing the life sentence, Judge Lynne Callahan gave Tighe 17 years to life behind bars for several other crimes, including the murder of Peyton's mother, 31-year-old Wendy Ralston of Tallmadge,

Their bodies were discovered wrapped in blankets in a wooded area behind Ralston's home on Stone Creek Drive in 2013.

Investigators said the medical examiner could not determine the exact cause of deaths because the remains were so badly decomposed.

I know all about The Innocence Project. But, what do those cases have to do with this one? Circumstantial evidence (loads of it)? And just to remind you, this case had plenty of forensic evidence, as well. Just because ChMason, jbaez, defense experts/talking heads, etc, told us over and over and over again that there was no forensics and that EVERYTHING was based on speculation and media brain washing, doesn't make it so. But, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, some accepted what they were saying as fact, then ran around parroting it. I'm not accusing you of that LadyTudorRose, I don't know you well enough yet :wink:, but I will include some of the jurors in this, quoting directly from the defense team's opening and closing statements... And I really don't think Benjamin Franklin and John Adams were talking about cases like this when they made those quotes. Remember, they made those statements at a time when there was no such thing as forensic evidence. The foundation of our legal system was created and based on circumstantial evidence. Most cases, even today, are still based on circumstantial evidence. That's why defense attorney's are so afraid of it, and do their darndest to brainwash us into believing it's nothing but speculation, and should never be considered! Then they twist the constitution and quote our Founding Fathers in a way that distorts their hopes for a fair, reliable legal system... In reality, if we start requiring forensics for a "no doubt" standard, and dismiss circumstantial evidence as wild speculation, and/or because ANYTHING could happen, you're going to have a whole lot more than 100 guilty men going free. Of course, back in the day everyone would've gone free.... It's just not realistic to argue The Innocence Project or the constitution or the foundation of our legal system, and compare them to casey anthony and the (loads of) evidence against her. It's funny for me, to even think that John Adams and Benjamin Franklin had casey anthony in mind when they made those statements... What we've got to require is an understanding of reasonable doubt, and get rid of this idea that there has to be dna all over a crime scene. You can't compare every case, or even most cases, with those that ended up exonerated due to dna..... I promise you, BF and JA never meant they wanted dangerous criminals to go free because they were clever enough to put on gloves and avoided being caught on videotape while committing the crime...

All jmo.

Bravo! People have become wise to things like DNA and fingerprints at a crime scene, and there are now cases of spouses murdering their spouses while being sure to cover their tracks. According to the logic some people have used, if a husband discovers his wife is leaving him, he murders her, but is sure to wear gloves, leave his cell phone elsewhere so it doesnt place him at the scene of the crime, etc., etc., he should not be convicted because there is only circumstantial evidence. Jury's can not leave their brains and common sense at the door when they walk into a courtroom.

I am still disgusted that she was acquitted and i blame the jury. They refused to review the evidence and they turned it into a popularity contest of lawyers. Hearing them quote Baez's statements was sickening especially because they were given the instruction that what the lawyers say is NOT evidence, so where was the evidence backing up anything Baez said? It was nonexistent. So for them to quote him when giving their reasons for acquitting proves how incompetent they were.

Nothing will ever change my mind. There was more than enough evidence to convict Casey for Caylee's death. First degree, second degree... at the very least manslaughter. These people couldn't even pick up a pen and take notes as the evidence was being given to them. No request to review any of the evidence, videos, phone calls, etc... Horrible that they cared so little.

Code:
Nothing will ever change my mind. There was more than enough evidence to convict Casey for Caylee's death. First degree, second degree... at the very least manslaughter. These people couldn't even pick up a pen and take notes as the evidence was being given to them. No request to review any of the evidence, videos, phone calls, etc... Horrible that they cared so little.
BBM - IIRC two jurors did ask to see the heart shaped sticker residue, but were denied. I remember my hinky meter going off, because it was during testimony and it appeared to me that they were discussing evidence when they shouldn't have been. I wish I could remember exactly when that happened. All I know is I was really bothered by it at the time.

Code:
BBM - IIRC two jurors did ask to see the heart shaped sticker residue, but were denied. I remember my hinky meter going off, because it was during testimony and it appeared to me that they were discussing evidence when they shouldn't have been. I wish I could remember exactly when that happened. All I know is I was really bothered by it at the time.

I remember them asking to sniff the... I believe it was the Velveeta cheese wrapper and it was allowed, but they were not allowed to open the cans that preserved the air samples of the smell in the trunk/car. This was also during the trial and not during deliberations.

If the Prosecution made one mistake... it was the motive. Casey's motivating factor in murdering Caylee was not to go out and party. It may have played a small percentage in her motivation, but it was really about her hatred for her mother and how she was not only going to not let Cindy control her with Caylee anymore... but she was never going to allow Cindy to have her. Cindy's mother said it best... "Casey hated Cindy more than she loved Caylee."

I think the Prosecution was way to easy on Cindy and George for all their deception. Lee too. They did everything they could do to obstruct justice for Caylee.

I remember them asking to sniff the... I believe it was the Velveeta cheese wrapper and it was allowed, but they were not allowed to open the cans that preserved the air samples of the smell in the trunk/car. This was also during the trial and not during deliberations.

If the Prosecution made one mistake... it was the motive. Casey's motivating factor in murdering Caylee was not to go out and party. It may have played a small percentage in her motivation, but it was really about her hatred for her mother and how she was not only going to not let Cindy control her with Caylee anymore... but she was never going to allow Cindy to have her. Cindy's mother said it best... "Casey hated Cindy more than she loved Caylee."

I think the Prosecution was way to easy on Cindy and George for all their deception. Lee too. They did everything they could do to obstruct justice for Caylee.

Cindy's perjury on the stand should have discredited her testimony and she should have been charged with it. There's no way she was mistakenly searching for Chlorophyll when she was clocked in at Gentiva. She was covering up for Casey's Chloroform searches. They never should have been called as witnesses.

Cindy's perjury on the stand should have discredited her testimony and she should have been charged with it. There's no way she was mistakenly searching for Chlorophyll when she was clocked in at Gentiva. She was covering up for Casey's Chloroform searches. They never should have been called as witnesses.

And I don't think they should've been allowed in the courtroom.... So much was done wrong with the way these two were handled throughout the trial, imo.

The A's do what the A's want to do, and probably always will. Every one of them has an irrational sense of superiority about them, and don't believe they have to follow the same rules as the rest of us... They can't be trusted...

All jmo.

I think you nailed it. The motive was to get away from Cindy, remember that fight that resulted in choking? The death of caylee was the perfect opportunity to pull away from the family and the relationship dissolved into a few texts here and there from Cindy. Unfortunately a motive like that was too complicated and yet too sutble for the jury.

My thoughts? Casey Anthony is a selfish, self-centered, remorseless, horrible excuse of a human being who murdered her daughter and never looked back. Cindy is the same as above. I hope neither of them ever know peace. As for the jurors... while I respect their service, they were lazy.

And I don't think they should've been allowed in the courtroom.... So much was done wrong with the way these two were handled throughout the trial, imo.

The A's do what the A's want to do, and probably always will. Every one of them has an irrational sense of superiority about them, and don't believe they have to follow the same rules as the rest of us... They can't be trusted...

All jmo.

BBM, ITA! This message to TM shows how much she thinks of herself. No one matters but the A's. Anyone else is expendable.

[video]https://youtu.be/ll7W9QRGo9Y[/video]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back