Discussion in 'News, TV & Radio related to LISK (excluding TKS)' started by nugzter, Jun 22, 2012.
This thread is for new information from the 48 Hours Mystery June 2012.
Can anyone give us a play by play for us folks outside the US?
When will it be shown and on which channel? Thanks
Tomorrow at 10 p.m ET on CBS.
I plan to watch this with an open mind and give Johnny Ray's claims a fair chance to convince me that his theory warrants merit.
This should be interesting - lol. Ray is perfect for this sort of thing. Why don't we invite him to join WS?
The stage is set for this to be John Ray's first prime time performance. I am sure he and his firm are extremely excited about receiving this airtime on National TV.
I'm guessing he is single.
This could be very interesting. The DA has been very quiet of late.
Why wouldn't he be?
This case is as cold as it was the day the victims went missing.
The only advances in this case were the use of DNA to identify five of the ten victims, linking of three victims to previouly found body parts, and the artist sketches of three of the GB5 unidentified.
Here's a preview:
in the first few minutes it is stated that the Gilberts & their attorney were not allowed to listen to Shannan's actual 911 call....they were only read a partial transcript. so, it is finally confirmed no one but law enforcement have heard the content of that call.
I don't know if I believe that. I have had a link saved since the beginning of the case entitled 'Shannan's Mother Listens To 911 Call'. Of course tonight it can't be found. lol But I also remember Shannan's sister on 'Here Women Talk' discuss how at the end of the call it sounded like someone was trying to pull her into a vehicle.
Could it be that LE wants people to think no one has heard the call for some reason, like to further the case? LE does things like this, even putting out disinformation if they believe it will further the case?
Sorry but that was a lame excuse for a bomb to be dropped tonight as promised.
I was never convinced but now after seeing that six to eight inches of cold swampy water where SG died it is clear to me that if she passed out at that location from being up all night she would have died from exposure to the elements or drowned.
So that show was supposed to be "the bomb" that would drop to convince all of us that SG was clearly a victim of the LISK???
I have been saying for over a year that it is against the law to release 911 tapes in NY. This includes allowing family members or attorneys to listen. The previous rumors that the Gilbert's heard the tape or that SG could be heard being pulled into a truck are finally put to sleep as being just that-rumors (I always wondered what sound a person can make on a phone to allow the listeners of the call to determine that the person is being pulled into a truck. -I always said "give me a break").
Also did anyone else who has been following this case from the beginning notice that Mari and Sherri's description of the initial CPH phone call and how it relates to when they actually learned SG was missing doesn't seem to collaberate with each other or with some of their previous verbal descriptions?
It was as if each of their interviews were conducted without the other person in the room (and without any concern that some of us have heard and read their previous descriptions of these accounts). In one corner you have Sherri claiming that she did not know SG was missing until AD called her. Then she later goes on to say that she was standing right there when her mother received that first call from CPH. Yet in another corner we have Mari stating that she didn't even know that SG was missing until she received that phone call.
Even if Mari believed that SG stayed one night at a halfway house and was driven home by MP, wouldn't her very next phone all be to SG to check on her and to ask why?
And if Sherri was standing right there when her mom was on the phone with CPH, wouldn't she have told AD not to worry about SG being missing when AD called her because MP was driving her home from the doc's halfway house?
The full 48 Hours Episode is now available for viewing on their web site
The Long Island Serial Killer - 48 Hours - CBS News
I found it very interesting, especially the part where her attorney walked into the marsh to the locations where SG's clothing and body were found. The area where her clothes were found was simply an area of tall grass. There was nothing to indicate her pants could have been caught in any bushes, etc.
I've been following this case from the beginning and still stop in here occasionally to read updates. I still think LE could be doing more to solve this case.
That was just a re-hash of the first part. This is crappy journalism. A few small tid bits added, but on a whole, not informative. Too bad.
I like to point out some of the contradictions:
- Ray states, SG was heard on the 911 tape for about 5-6 minutes only huffing while running around. But as if to compensate, he didn't say a thing about, she was heard being pulled in a vehicle
- The timeline is different from the timeline we heard. According to this version, SG and MP left about midnight (not 1 am) for LI. But they arrived at 2 am as in the known time line, thus causing another 1 hour hole.
- Ray stood right next to enough water for any unconscious person to drown while he said, it is impossible, she drowned
- We know now, Mr Ray's couturier has to be an insane serial killer, like Tom Hanks hair artist in the Da Vinci movie ... ok, irrelevant!
- Gerberth had a point when he described the feeling of superiority the unsub must feel. However, he had it wrong with his rubber stamp line about sexual psychopath. A sexual psychopath with an already fully established signature is way beyond his ramp up phase and would produce more than 4 victims in 4 years. More like 4-8 per year.
- The description of the phone calls the killer made was interesting. No drunk white dude lines anymore. Now the description is "calm and controlled". Without wanting to do too much bragging, but look up my posts from a year ago about that subject. Check!
- The line about "planning to sue SCPD" sounded somehow familiar. They are planning now for how many months?
- I would like to hear from the families of the other victims. All is only SG, SG, SG and more SG distracting effectively from the GB4 and by this from LISK.
Well, that's hoe I perceived it. Erin Moriarty was once good in her job, but this time, she s***** up to John Ray. Maybe it's time, she retires.
One thing that the 48 Hours tells me is that the SK is most likely not secretly communicating with LE or the press and asking for more press. This was a theory I was throwing around in my head. I was hopeing that he was and LE was keeping it secret. Or am I off base Peter. We know he made contact with victims familys, so maybe he might man up and try to contact the press or LE directly. It seemed to me he was also an attention getter. Guess I got that wrong.
Separate names with a comma.