5 Yr Old Tapes Teacher's Verbal Abuse

This teacher is a child abuser and didn't just lose her cool. She should be permanently fired before she does more damage. There's no other way to describe her and the sickening part is she is getting paid while doing this and has gotten away with it for no telling how long. The tape recorder was such a good idea.

When a teacher treats a student so disrespectfully, she is actually encouraging other students to bully and mistreat that student.

When a teacher treats a student so disrespectfully, she is actually encouraging other students to bully and mistreat that student.

That's how I felt about the flag incident. :) Kids follow the teachers example. If the teacher shuns a student, the other students will follow.:mad:

This is true.

One thing I find confusing - according to the article, this teacher is well-liked by parents and other teachers and had a very good rep before this.

One thing I find maddening - even when this child's parents went to this teacher to develop a behavior plan for the boy in the beginning of the year, they say she blew them off and said she didn't have time to make one.

She probably needs to find a different profession.

I was pretty disgusted after reading the thread about Alex Barton, and this one. Then I had an idea.

Any teacher caught behaving in this manner should be assigned to a two year probationary position.

This two year probationary position would involve teaching literacy, GED prep classes, etc. at various maximum security federal prisons.

Then, after two years of teaching child molesters, murderers, rapists and serial killers maybe these whacked-out b*tches will be more understanding with their students.

I like.

It's almost chilling to hear her cruel words spoken in that soft "kindergarteny" voice. It would be more believable that she "lost her cool" if she was screaming. Her cutesy tone absolutely creeps me out, she sounds like a sociopath!

Since this story, on top of the other one, I'm taking my kids comments about their teachers alot more seriously than I ever have. I've been guilty of shrugging it off when my 3rd grader complains that his teacher is "mean". Now, I'm getting paranoid enough to question him more closely.

Wow, first Florida, now this. What is going on in Kindergarten these days?
The teacher lost her "cool" that day? Just only on the day she was taped? I can't believe that was the only time.

Geez, at five these kids need to move around a bit. I can't understand a piss poor attitude in teachers of this age group. Calling them names and getting the rest of the kids to gang up on them is something they can carry for the rest of their lives.

Too bad the teacher in Florida wasn't taped as evidence!:furious::behindbar:behindbar:behindbar

I was pretty disgusted after reading the thread about Alex Barton, and this one. Then I had an idea.

Any teacher caught behaving in this manner should be assigned to a two year probationary position.

This two year probationary position would involve teaching literacy, GED prep classes, etc. at various maximum security federal prisons.

Then, after two years of teaching child molesters, murderers, rapists and serial killers maybe these whacked-out b*tches will be more understanding with their students.

I get where you're coming from, but any teacher classified as "probationary" certainly should not work in a position of authority with maximum security prisoners.

i remember back in the 70's,,, we had a teacher that used to berate us every day and call us a bunch of idiots and morons. i told my parents and their reactions was like 'oh, isn't that awful..' and no one ever did anything. he never actually taught us anything, either. this was the wonderful result of desegregation in the public school system... the whole system broke down, all the good teachers went on strike for months, and many quit because of pay cuts or whatever was going on, or because they didn't believe it was right (maybe they didn't want to be full-time disciplinarians or social workers?? imagine that..) we had a lot of teachers like this during that time... and nowadays it's funny to think teachers get wrung over the coals for every little thing.....! sometimes i am glad that they are help more accountable than in 'the old days'... but sometimes it just gets ridiculous. the parents seem to be the bigger problem now, working against teachers rather than with them.... if i had a kid they would definitely be in a home-school program, away from all that mess!!!

Quick, on Fox News coming up, Alex is going to be featured. that's the little boy in the Florida kindergarted incident.

imo this teacher's 'side' of things has already been told - its on the tape. That tape gives us just about everything we need to know about this teacher. How she responds under pressure.

If indeed this taping occurred during a moment, or moments of pressure, it reveals how she responds under duress. If this taping occurred during a non-pressure situation(s), then it reveals even more about her.

People like this cannot be allowed to mold our children's lives! At worst, she should be removed from the teaching profession. At best, she should be prosecuted for child abuse.

when i was in 5th grade we had a teacher that was a bully, there's no other word for her well yes there is but i'm trying to show some restraint. anyway i was the smallest in the class and for some reason the one she picked on. enough that i wasn't allowed to go to the bathroom period...we didn't change teachers in those days and she would make me sit there until i wet myself. then would berate me for that. it got to the point i would pass out whenever i got to the door of the classroom. i told my mother but she well, she kept saying i had to have done something to cause the teacher to react that way. i know i talked a lot but that stopped after a month or so of how the teacher was. anyway, it got to the point that one day many of the kids in the classroom went themselves to the principal of the school and told him what was going on. he in turn was standing outside the classroom the next day where she couldn't see him and he experienced the actions himself. i remember the day after that she suddenly was replaced and we were told was never coming back. it was something i always remembered as my kids were in school...yes sometimes they deserve some of the discipline (not abuse) that teachers give and i KNOW teaching is a hard job. but i also remembered that sometimes they didn't deserve it and i would at least listen to my kids and also check things out myself.

I had a nun in the 3rd grade that set up her seating chart from "smartest" to "dumbest" and let everyone know that the last row was the stupid kids.

I was in the last row and behind me was a boy that I helped tie his shoes each day. I spent more years than I care to remember believing that I was stupid.

It's almost chilling to hear her cruel words spoken in that soft "kindergarteny" voice. It would be more believable that she "lost her cool" if she was screaming. Her cutesy tone absolutely creeps me out, she sounds like a sociopath!

Since this story, on top of the other one, I'm taking my kids comments about their teachers alot more seriously than I ever have. I've been guilty of shrugging it off when my 3rd grader complains that his teacher is "mean". Now, I'm getting paranoid enough to question him more closely.

No kidding. I've always *thought* I was paying close attention to teacher indescretions around my daughter, but now that she is older and can further explain situations that happened, I am appalled at how little I really knew.

Apparently when she had problems with one teacher and told me about it, I thought it was resolved... turns out, she locked my daughter out of the classroom (middle school) and proceeded to mark her absent and give her zeros - all the while telling her she wasn't allowed in the classroom. For safety reasons, she went to another teacher and informally took his class for the entire 9 week period. Both Donna and the other teacher were the ones who got into trouble. I'd have never believed it at the time - but she's 16 now and remembers it vividly.

This is just sad and disgusting. I have children & the thought of a teacher or anyone for that matter talking/berating/intimidating my child in that way gets my blood boiling!! My youngest is in 2nd grade now but I can remember just 2 yrs ago when he was in Kinder. how much FUN I had when I would volunteer in his classroom. They are just so adorable. A handfull yes but sooo darn cute and funny! I hope little Gabriel forgets all about this evil teacher and I hope he knows he is perfect just the way he is!

Just got back from trip to town. Very interesting Ride Home Show on KOA out of Denver. They had many callers about this. One of the hosts is a former pro football player and high school football coach and teacher.

One caller suggested that the teacher should have gathered the children together and discussed what they could do to help Alex and support him, instead of having the kids vote him out. Another said the kids would have behaved totally different toward him after his expulsion and it wouldn't be good. Kids are so impressionable at that age.

One man who was an implementer for austic children from 3 to 14 suggested that teachers need to be trained as so many austic children are being mainstreamed. He said that strict routine is necessary for these children. If he goes under his desk, he needs a little time and space to calm down and reduce stress. They could give him a spot in the room or in another area of the school until he's ready to come back. He also said the paper eating was not abnormal behavior for autism. Giving him a piece of rubber or another substitute allows the behavior without chewing paper.

I think from all the callers and mothers with autistic children that called, it seems that we need to educate the teachers to cope with these kids so everyone gets an education and these kids are not ostracized.

Back in the old days, teachers were right out front with things. Everyone was put in groups, A reading, B reading and C reading. Smartest in the A's. There was no testing for kids for learning disabilities, the class just coped with each other. Your hands were examined to see if they were dirty. If you bit your fingernails, it was annouced to the whole class. Everything was shared with class so behave your self or get embarrassed.
It worked. I went to school with the same kids for 13 years. No one grew up to be a serial killer or murderer.
Of course this was the 50's and 60's and what did they know about education. The teachers didn't really call us names, well, several times I was referred to as a brat which i was.:rolleyes:

we had an issue with my brother, who was a preemie and had some learning and attention problems (he needed extra help here and there) when he was in first grade. it was with the music teacher (our situation). apparently she would stand in front of him and scream and berate him during choir practice. we never did get an answer as to why. we did not find out about it until students from the 5 grade class (they were doing a chorus project together, and they also had "buddies" in the first grade class a couple times a week for reading and other projects) starting telling about how the teacher treated my little brother. it upset and shook the fifth graders, and some were even going home and were upset to their families (one little girls mom called because her daughter was crying).
we only found out about it after the principal and super intendent showed up at our house to tell us about the situation (he had not told us) and that they were disciplining her. my brother then told us what was happening. it broke my heart. he had already been through so much with his mother dieing the year before (we are both adopted by our grandparents - his mom died when he was five).
they even had written statements from the fifth graders. after they talked to us they got statement from him.
i was so mad (i am signifigantly older than him) that i was like... mom, lets go down there now and get in her face and talk to her like she is talking to my brother!!
this happened at the end of the school year (they were working towards an end of the year project).
she did not come back the next year.

Back in the old days, teachers were right out front with things. Everyone was put in groups, A reading, B reading and C reading. Smartest in the A's. There was no testing for kids for learning disabilities, the class just coped with each other. Your hands were examined to see if they were dirty. If you bit your fingernails, it was annouced to the whole class. Everything was shared with class so behave your self or get embarrassed.
It worked. I went to school with the same kids for 13 years. No one grew up to be a serial killer or murderer.
Of course this was the 50's and 60's and what did they know about education. The teachers didn't really call us names, well, several times I was referred to as a brat which i was.:rolleyes:
at least they haven't been caught yet! lol!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back