50/60 year old Amnesia Victim Savannah, GA Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are receiving feedback whether or not it is directly from Mr. Kyle. It is completely unrealistic to assume that he will sign on and be available to anyone simply because you want him to be. He is a man who has suffered tremendous trauma and he is in the unenviable position of having to both re-learn his life and skill sets as well as teach himself skills he may never have had before. I have worked on the net for years and I have not attempted MySpace.

What disturbs me about this message is the underlying statement that in order to receive your help he needs to reveal himself to you in a way that will satisfy you. He is a crime victim. His perps are still out there. Beyond that, you have no information regarding the circumstances under which he uses a computer and it's availability to him or what attempts he makes to earn money within the confines of the law.

I bolded some things-Dateline and a number of crime shows have been sent his story. The Dr Phil Show signs off most guests IMMEDIATELY following the airing of the show. The only reason they kept the board and 800 number going for a month was because of the number of hits....it is all about numbers, not warm and fuzzies in the talk show game. The PI is not obligated to share information with WS members, dreamweaver. We are not LE-we are sleuthers only. What we have that the PI does not have is hundreds and thousands of arm chair detectives who have some time to kill and a willingness to give it. We can churn up leads and after we have vetted them, we can pass them along.

We are in Mr. Kyle's life by invitation only-we take the information given as far as we can. The more we earn his trust and gratitude, the easier it will be to convince him that he can post here himself. He is an unidentified individual who happens to be alive. He is a one off in many ways-he cannot be compelled to take any steps that he maybe unwilling or unable to take at this time-remember please that we are here as support for him just like all of the crime victims we discuss on this board. JMO.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I know much of what you said has been posted throughout this forum already believe. It's a lot to read and catch up on... and I understand not everyone has the time to read every post..... Thanks for stating this so elequently again.

:blowkiss:

Good questions, Cubbs-I will let you all know. Our tipster is mildly uncomfortable with all of this-he did not expect to be in the middle of our quest and he seems a little taken aback. I will post the answers to any of my questions that he responds to and then I will see if he is still in the area.

Thank you believe. I hope he is not uncomfortable.... though I certainly understand it could be a bit overwhelming if he has taken a look at this forum. Rest assured his anonymity will remain... and if he can help great, if not well thank him for the information provided. I do hope though he would be willing to help at least in passing BK's info along... he doesn't need to be an intermediate so to speak..... he can have anyone else get back here with any info.

Hugs and thank you to the tipster!

:blowkiss:

ETA: If he is willing to put up fliers, gas stations would be good too. Anyplace any of the long time locals would go. Even a grocery store which has been around forever would be good.

Hi everyone,
I finally read through all the threads for Benjamin. These are some of the questions I came up with, leave it to me, but I would like to revisit some that were ruled out, with reason that just maybe they shouldn't be ruled out just yet....So give me your opinions.
I also read Christines comments about 90+% of her cases had the wrong information posted via web. That's what makes me think hum!!!!!!
Okay, here we go...
Roger A. Anderson http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/anderson_roger.html
(ruled out because of scar in middle of right finger)
(5'9", 160 lbs, missing since 1993)
(could be in a fold or wrinkles on top the finger, don't know, and would be hard to see)

Samuel Todd http://charleyproject.org/cases/t/todd_samuel.html
(ruled out because of small scars on left cheek)
(5'11", 135 lbs, missing since 1984)
I checked Ben's pic to see if he has wrinkles here in this area, possible, as to how small of a scar.

Robert S. Mohney http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mohney_robert.html
(ruled out because of scar on thigh)
(5'11", 190 lbs, missing since 1996)
(depending on size, if hip surgery, would be very large scar)

My thoughts on these two:
I have a scar in the middle of my left finger. I did not have it stitched. It is on top of the finger in the wrinkles and it can not be seen. I have a scar on the inside of my right index finger, done at age 5, not in any fold in the finger, and it was stitched, and it can not be seen, because it is such an old scar. I have a scar on my face, right where my smile meets with my cheek, had nine stitches there, and such an old scar, you can not see it. I have a scar on my eye, right below the eyebrow, took 4 stitches, and such an old scar you can not see it. But I do have one scar, about 2 inches long on left arm, had 6 stitches in it, stitches came out before it healed, and there is a definite, wide 1/4' mark, that you can tell it is a scar.(By the way, just so you all know, I did not have many girls to play with growing up, I was amongst boys 95% of the time, most of these are battle scars.lol.)

Thomas M. Nickel http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200503449S
(ruled out because of capped teeth)
(6', 170 lbs, missing sin 2002)
My recollection is Ben had these teeth missing. Could it have been these were knocked out, due to being hit?

Bradley J. Kephart http://www.dps.state.ak.us/AST/abi/docs/bulletins/Kephart.pdf
(ruled out because of height)
I think this one needs a phone call for a double check. It states he has blonde hair, looking at the picture and beard, I see brown hair. This could be the incorrect info for this person.

Dean Dawson
http://charleyproject.org/cases/d/dawson_dean.html
(6'2", 170 lbs, missing since 1996)
I think this is another one we need to double check.

Charles Elmquist
http://charleyproject.org/cases/e/elmquist_charles.html
(ruled out because of physical disability)
(5'10", 125-155 lbs, missing since 1979)
Hum, wonder where is assistant was? Or did he have one? We need to know what the disabilty is.

William North
http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200300485W
(ruled out because of brown eyes)
His chart says black eyes, this could also be because they are such dark blue. I think this is another one we definetly need a double check.

Douglas E. Defoe http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200503385S
(5'8", 155 lbs, missing since 1993)
Another one I would like to double check.

Sorry to be so long with the post, but this is just for again, opinions, I just can't close the page on these myself. You guys are so much better than me with the ear and nose line up.

And believe, I hope you can help with this one,
I need clarification on this
As for the DNA in Codis....I have read what was posted.
If there was a hit, LE would have got the information. LE, I am assuming would be where the hit came from. Say for instance.....If Ben' dna was a hit with say Charles Elmquist. Charles is listed with Iowa CPD. Iowas CPD LE would get the information about the hit. Correct?
Would FBI Bill, get a letter about the hit in Iowa about Charles Elmquist too?

You are receiving feedback whether or not it is directly from Mr. Kyle. It is completely unrealistic to assume that he will sign on and be available to anyone simply because you want him to be. He is a man who has suffered tremendous trauma and he is in the unenviable position of having to both re-learn his life and skill sets as well as teach himself skills he may never have had before. I have worked on the net for years and I have not attempted MySpace.

What disturbs me about this message is the underlying statement that in order to receive your help he needs to reveal himself to you in a way that will satisfy you. He is a crime victim. His perps are still out there. Beyond that, you have no information regarding the circumstances under which he uses a computer and it's availability to him or what attempts he makes to earn money within the confines of the law.

I bolded some things-Dateline and a number of crime shows have been sent his story. The Dr Phil Show signs off most guests IMMEDIATELY following the airing of the show. The only reason they kept the board and 800 number going for a month was because of the number of hits....it is all about numbers, not warm and fuzzies in the talk show game. The PI is not obligated to share information with WS members, dreamweaver. We are not LE-we are sleuthers only. What we have that the PI does not have is hundreds and thousands of arm chair detectives who have some time to kill and a willingness to give it. We can churn up leads and after we have vetted them, we can pass them along.

We are in Mr. Kyle's life by invitation only-we take the information given as far as we can. The more we earn his trust and gratitude, the easier it will be to convince him that he can post here himself. He is an unidentified individual who happens to be alive. He is a one off in many ways-he cannot be compelled to take any steps that he maybe unwilling or unable to take at this time-remember please that we are here as support for him just like all of the crime victims we discuss on this board. JMO.

:furious:

I absolutely do not think it is unrealistic to question why BK shows little to no interest in answering simple questions about his memories of Christmas or wether or not he can ride a motorcycle, if such simple answers might lead to his identity.

I am completely taken aback at your attitude and response, quite frankly. The people who are on this site spending hours and hours of their time trying to help BK are on here because they care and because they want to support and help this man, a complete stranger, find his identity. They have spent hours upon hours upon hours sleuthing improbably leads and grasping at the slightest straw imaginable all out of empathy and the goodness of their own hearts. What better support can a group of people show?

I think Dreamweaver had every right to post that and I, for one, know that post spoke volumes about what I have felt for a while and also for what everyone I have come across who have heard of this case have felt, too (as well as several others on this site who have expressed some of the same frustrations.) :blowkiss: :clap:

It would be completely improbable and completely against human nature not to question the lack of response. What kind of sleuths would we be if we didn't question it? ESPECIALLY when even the slightest of questions goes unanswered. I don't know if he has ignored the questions or if the person giving him the questions has chosen to ignore certain ones. We have asked but get no answer!

Yes, he is a victim of a horrible, horrible crime. A lot of us have been victims of horrible crimes BUT if I put myself on the Dr. Phil show and asked the public for help, I would expect to be as open and honest as possible to help those I am soliciting help from. Do you know first hand that Dr. Phil washes his hands of each and every guest directly following the show? Is this the reason the show gave to discontinue helping him or is that your best guess?

I have said this before and I will say it again. If I had this type of support and I were in his shoes I would do something, anything I could do to help. Even if that meant logging in from a computer at a local library once a month for ten minutes to answer some questions (even picking through them to answer the ones I felt most comfortable answering) if it might help these wonderful people help me (several news stories have stated that he spends hours on the computer searching for his identity...and he was also posting on the Dr. Phil site....so many of us here might wrongly assume he has access to a computer.) And YES, he is absolutely going to have to reveal himself to complete strangers if he expects those strangers to help him however 99.9% of the questions that have been posed to him are in no way, shape or form too personal or invasive ("do you remember any sporting events you attended? Can you drive a boat? " Where were you on September 11th? C'mon!)

Unfortunately, in order for our sleuthing to be as effective as possible we do need to know more of his memories than just half a dozen or so. Other than that, we are hoping on nothing more than mere dumb luck to guide us in our quest.

Lastly, wasn't it you, Beleive, who said you would get answers to our questions we posted? Have the questions been asked but not answered or not asked at all? Also, in October you posted that BK would be setting up a domain and blog, which you would be passing along to us. "Benjaman is setting up a domain and blog for himself-once it is completed, I will post the address and you-all can ask him directly rather than using a conduit..." Has this occured yet? Perhaps this is why some of us are frustrated as it sounded like it was something that would be occuring shortly yet months have passed without a word. When you have been asked for updates you do not respond. It truly did seem that, from your posts, we would be getting some answers to help us yet nothing has come of it so naturally it makes us wonder why. (You also eluded to the fact that he reads here himself and therefore would lead us to think, perhaps incorrectly so, that he is reading but ignoring all the wonderful questions posed to him here.)

I truly don't think that if Mr. Kyle were to read through the posts on this site he would have any reason to think anyone on here would be untrustworthy or not have his best interests at heart. The people on here are extremely respectful of his privacy and extremely caring of his situation and state of mind. I guess, at some point (hopefully sooner rather than later) it is going to come down to him taking a leap of faith and trusting that people who give of themselves daily to a complete stranger can't be half bad, if that is indeed what is holding him back!

Believe and I have worked closely on this case since July of 2007. The fact of the matter is that Mr. Kyle is free to join WS and answer the questions that he chooses or he can answer through us. All believe09 promised was that she would let him know there is a separate thread with questions and she offered to post replies for him if he choose not to answer personally. She has rec'd nothing from him to date. I consider this to be completely nonsuspicious, given what I know about him. You can interpret the facts however you choose.

FYI Mr. Kyle did NOT ask for our help. Believe and I and other WSers are asking for your (all posters/sleuthers) help. It is a rare opportunity for us to be able to assist in a UID case where the victim is alive. And it is also a blessing for us to have him willing to at least communicate with some of us. In 85 +% of our cases here on WS we have no involvement from family/victims, ect. When they get involved they set the boundaries and we will respect them. We do what we can to help each other work the case.

I find your implications that believe09 is not being forth coming offensive. She is one of most trusted sleuthers here who works tirelessly with attorney's, advocates, LE, reporters, families, victims, ect. She would never be dishonest with fellow Wsers. She shares what she is given permission to share.

We have discussed what would happen if someone goes missing. The utilities, the bank account, the mortgage, or aparment rental and the non filing of tax returns.

Today, I reached out to my local electric company, phone company, cable company, water company, trash company, state tax rep., IRS division in the city, and local bank.
I wanted to know what do they do if someone does not pay the bill. Is it just shunted off to collections? Do they investigate or turn it over to police if someone who always pays a bill is gone?
As for the bank, I wanted to know what they do if an account is inactive and how long do they wait before it is turned to the state or do they?

Have call in to local police about how they handle a report from a utility company, etc about a possible missing person?

I am waiting for their responses.

WAYS TO HELP I.D. BENJAMAN KYLE:
'some ideas taken from other unsolved cases sites'
1. flyer in Pennysaver or Nickle, the local Georgia throwaway paper.
2. Craigslist in Georgia, Indiana, Colorado. Seems like this was mentioned before, but I do not know if it went anywhere.
3. Player deck of cards with BK's face and info and FBI number on them. In the case I am thinking of, they were distributed throughout the jail system. I was thinking Savannah area.
4. flyer or poster in electric bill.
5. BK's picture on back of grocery store receipts.

Out there ideas:
What happened to the face on the milk cartons?
Wonder if Burger King would, in the interest of good p.r., be willing to put Benjaman Kyle's face and story on their paper sacks or on their cups?

I wonder if Burger King's dumpsters have GPS units on them? Does the local Richmond Hill, GA., garbage trucks have GPS units? If so, could that particular dumpster, that day, Aug. 31, 2004, be tracked to a 'spot' in the local landfill?
I know it would be nearly impossible to find any clothing or i.d. or cell phone now, but I can't help thinking, maybe if LE knew where the trash was dumped.??
Would FBI Bill K, know about this?

And believe, I hope you can help with this one,
I need clarification on this
As for the DNA in Codis....I have read what was posted.
If there was a hit, LE would have got the information. LE, I am assuming would be where the hit came from. Say for instance.....If Ben' dna was a hit with say Charles Elmquist. Charles is listed with Iowa CPD. Iowas CPD LE would get the information about the hit. Correct?
Would FBI Bill, get a letter about the hit in Iowa about Charles Elmquist too?

The way it works is both agencies involved in the hit receive notification with corresponding case numbers, so yes FBI Bill would have received a hit.

:furious:

I absolutely do not think it is unrealistic to question why BK shows little to no interest in answering simple questions about his memories of Christmas or wether or not he can ride a motorcycle, if such simple answers might lead to his identity.

I am completely taken aback at your attitude and response, quite frankly. The people who are on this site spending hours and hours of their time trying to help BK are on here because they care and because they want to support and help this man, a complete stranger, find his identity. They have spent hours upon hours upon hours sleuthing improbably leads and grasping at the slightest straw imaginable all out of empathy and the goodness of their own hearts. What better support can a group of people show?

I think Dreamweaver had every right to post that and I, for one, know that post spoke volumes about what I have felt for a while and also for what everyone I have come across who have heard of this case have felt, too (as well as several others on this site who have expressed some of the same frustrations.) :blowkiss: :clap:

It would be completely improbable and completely against human nature not to question the lack of response. What kind of sleuths would we be if we didn't question it? ESPECIALLY when even the slightest of questions goes unanswered. I don't know if he has ignored the questions or if the person giving him the questions has chosen to ignore certain ones. We have asked but get no answer!

Yes, he is a victim of a horrible, horrible crime. A lot of us have been victims of horrible crimes BUT if I put myself on the Dr. Phil show and asked the public for help, I would expect to be as open and honest as possible to help those I am soliciting help from. Do you know first hand that Dr. Phil washes his hands of each and every guest directly following the show? Is this the reason the show gave to discontinue helping him or is that your best guess?

I have said this before and I will say it again. If I had this type of support and I were in his shoes I would do something, anything I could do to help. Even if that meant logging in from a computer at a local library once a month for ten minutes to answer some questions (even picking through them to answer the ones I felt most comfortable answering) if it might help these wonderful people help me (several news stories have stated that he spends hours on the computer searching for his identity...and he was also posting on the Dr. Phil site....so many of us here might wrongly assume he has access to a computer.) And YES, he is absolutely going to have to reveal himself to complete strangers if he expects those strangers to help him however 99.9% of the questions that have been posed to him are in no way, shape or form too personal or invasive ("do you remember any sporting events you attended? Can you drive a boat? " Where were you on September 11th? C'mon!)

Unfortunately, in order for our sleuthing to be as effective as possible we do need to know more of his memories than just half a dozen or so. Other than that, we are hoping on nothing more than mere dumb luck to guide us in our quest.

Lastly, wasn't it you, Beleive, who said you would get answers to our questions we posted? Have the questions been asked but not answered or not asked at all? Also, in October you posted that BK would be setting up a domain and blog, which you would be passing along to us. "Benjaman is setting up a domain and blog for himself-once it is completed, I will post the address and you-all can ask him directly rather than using a conduit..." Has this occured yet? Perhaps this is why some of us are frustrated as it sounded like it was something that would be occuring shortly yet months have passed without a word. When you have been asked for updates you do not respond. It truly did seem that, from your posts, we would be getting some answers to help us yet nothing has come of it so naturally it makes us wonder why. (You also eluded to the fact that he reads here himself and therefore would lead us to think, perhaps incorrectly so, that he is reading but ignoring all the wonderful questions posed to him here.)

I truly don't think that if Mr. Kyle were to read through the posts on this site he would have any reason to think anyone on here would be untrustworthy or not have his best interests at heart. The people on here are extremely respectful of his privacy and extremely caring of his situation and state of mind. I guess, at some point (hopefully sooner rather than later) it is going to come down to him taking a leap of faith and trusting that people who give of themselves daily to a complete stranger can't be half bad, if that is indeed what is holding him back!

I appreciate Christine writing a response while I was on the road today. There are somethings here I will address however since they appear to be accusations that are pointed at me.

Regarding what I bolded-you are mistaken. I said I would let him know you guys set up a thread with questions. Which I did. I offered him the option of signing up and answering himself or sending responses to me for anything he wanted to respond to. I offered to post. To date, he has not sent me any responses.

I understand how frustrating this case is-you mention hours that people have logged on it. I have logged a few myself. I take personally any implication that I would either not be forthright with Mr. Kyle about what is happening on this board, or would not share responses from him if he had sent some. Had Mr. Kyle set up a blog or a MySpace, I would have passed it along. Check around WS and see if I have a habit of not following through. The rest of your concerns regarding me can be addressed via PM if you choose.

Mr.Kyle went before the public in an attempt to be recognized. I don't believe that this means he has no right to privacy and no right to decide for himself how much of himself he is willing to share. I will continue to work with what I learn and pass along what I can.

That makes me wonder if he really wants us to be involved. :confused:

I can see why you would think that-the other side of the coin is that he is working on the responses he wishes to send. This can be a laborious process for him.

We have discussed what would happen if someone goes missing. The utilities, the bank account, the mortgage, or aparment rental and the non filing of tax returns.

Today, I reached out to my local electric company, phone company, cable company, water company, trash company, state tax rep., IRS division in the city, and local bank.
I wanted to know what do they do if someone does not pay the bill. Is it just shunted off to collections? Do they investigate or turn it over to police if someone who always pays a bill is gone?
As for the bank, I wanted to know what they do if an account is inactive and how long do they wait before it is turned to the state or do they?

Have call in to local police about how they handle a report from a utility company, etc about a possible missing person?

I am waiting for their responses.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
quoting myself: did not want it to get lost.
I heard back from a trash company:
'snipped'
Rogue Disposal & Recycling, Inc.

To answer a few of your general questions:

If a customer does not pay their bill for an extended period of time,
the unpaid balance will go through a few steps of an internal
delinquency process, including interruption of service, and then be
turned to our collection agency.

We do not have a policy regarding the status of the homeowner. We have
far too many instances of non payment for various reasons, tenants
vacating units without our knowledge, homeowners out of town, so on and
so forth. These common circumstances are far too many for us to
monitor.

AND
-------
from a power company:
'snipped'

Pacific Power does not have a specific policy regarding missing persons, or for welfare checks on the customer. If the customer were on vacation and did not pay his bills, we would eventually shut the power off for non-payment, and send the account to collections thirty days beyond the closing bill.

We rely on the customer's neighbors and relatives to notify the authorities regarding a missing person, and do not actively involve ourselves in that. We are not aware of an organized program by any other utility company.
-------
STATE TAX:
'snipped'

Since I work for the Oregon Department of Revenue, I can't comment on IRS procedures regarding non-filed tax returns. Please see the following site regarding Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) requests to the IRS.

http://www.irs.gov/foia/

For Oregon, any individual can access their own records. However, they would need to identify themselves by their name and social security number for us to disclose their records to them. Sorry I could not be of more help.
=============
So, it does not appear that utility customers would notify LE.
Maybe in a very small town, but not in this area. I live in a town of 20,000 population.
The closest large city has population of 76,000.

It probably also has to do with the privacy act.

Still waiting on word from bank and post office. Will post follow up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
quoting myself: did not want it to get lost.
I heard back from a trash company:
'snipped'
Rogue Disposal & Recycling, Inc.

To answer a few of your general questions:

If a customer does not pay their bill for an extended period of time,
the unpaid balance will go through a few steps of an internal
delinquency process, including interruption of service, and then be
turned to our collection agency.

We do not have a policy regarding the status of the homeowner. We have
far too many instances of non payment for various reasons, tenants
vacating units without our knowledge, homeowners out of town, so on and
so forth. These common circumstances are far too many for us to
monitor.

AND
-------
from a power company:
'snipped'

Pacific Power does not have a specific policy regarding missing persons, or for welfare checks on the customer. If the customer were on vacation and did not pay his bills, we would eventually shut the power off for non-payment, and send the account to collections thirty days beyond the closing bill.

We rely on the customer's neighbors and relatives to notify the authorities regarding a missing person, and do not actively involve ourselves in that. We are not aware of an organized program by any other utility company.
-------
STATE TAX:
'snipped'

Since I work for the Oregon Department of Revenue, I can't comment on IRS procedures regarding non-filed tax returns. Please see the following site regarding Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) requests to the IRS.

http://www.irs.gov/foia/

For Oregon, any individual can access their own records. However, they would need to identify themselves by their name and social security number for us to disclose their records to them. Sorry I could not be of more help.
=============
So, it does not appear that utility customers would notify LE.
Maybe in a very small town, but not in this area. I live in a town of 20,000 population.
The closest large city has population of 76,000.

It probably also has to do with the privacy act.

Still waiting on word from bank and post office. Will post follow up.

Dreamweaver, I appreciate your efforts in getting these responses. They are what I thought they'd be, unfortunately.

Alot of things that get investigated here for informational purposes (such as this, (what would a company do...) leave me feeling deflated. The world's gotten too big and too busy to bother, it's left to others (who probably leave it to others too). It really isn't that hard to see why people can go missing without a trace. While I sigh and suck it up, it's still a sad statement of fact.

Maybe I'll hold out some hope for a little morsel of something or other from the post office - considering they actually go to people's homes and businesses daily. :rolleyes:

It looks as if Mr. Kyle will be entered into the NCIC Database in a reasonably short amount of time. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this resource:

"NCIC is a computerized index of criminal justice information (i.e.- criminal record history information, fugitives, stolen properties, missing persons). It is available to Federal, state, and local law enforcement and other criminal justice agencies and is operational 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

SOURCES OF DATA: Data contained in NCIC is provided by the FBI, federal, state, local and foreign criminal justice agencies, and authorized courts."

http://www.fas.org/irp/agency/doj/fbi/is/ncic.htm

This database is owned by the feds (FBI) and includes the ability to run DNA samples, facial recognition software against DL photos in all states etc...This is no mean feat because he doesn't really fit into the databanks, he is a Missing Person without a name and a UID who is not deceased. They are going to make him fit however and I am truly grateful.

This is great news, IMO.

I'm not sure how this could help identify him, but is there any chance he could have been a pest exterminator who mostly worked in restaurants? Thinking back to my restaurant days pre-2006, we had a "bug guy" come in on a regular basis to set traps throughout the place and I recall he had diagrams of our restaurant to mark where he'd treated and set traps. That might explain why BK feels he has knowledge of restaurant layouts.

And that is great news, Believe! I'm not sure exactly how NCIC works but there should be a category for living unidentified hospital patients, newborns who were found alive and abandoned and people like BK.

Oh, this is good good news to start the new year out with! Thanks for the update believe!

It looks as if Mr. Kyle will be entered into the NCIC Database in a reasonably short amount of time. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this resource:

"NCIC is a computerized index of criminal justice information (i.e.- criminal record history information, fugitives, stolen properties, missing persons). It is available to Federal, state, and local law enforcement and other criminal justice agencies and is operational 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

SOURCES OF DATA: Data contained in NCIC is provided by the FBI, federal, state, local and foreign criminal justice agencies, and authorized courts."

http://www.fas.org/irp/agency/doj/fbi/is/ncic.htm

This database is owned by the feds (FBI) and includes the ability to run DNA samples, facial recognition software against DL photos in all states etc...This is no mean feat because he doesn't really fit into the databanks, he is a Missing Person without a name and a UID who is not deceased. They are going to make him fit however and I am truly grateful.

This is great news, IMO.

Hi tatertot, IIRC Benjaman's recollection of restaurants seemed to lean toward equipment knowledge and perhaps construction. I could be wrong... guys? But, you do have something there to think about. That job would put him in alot of restaurants and knowing their locations and their layouts. Something to think about.

I'm not sure how this could help identify him, but is there any chance he could have been a pest exterminator who mostly worked in restaurants? Thinking back to my restaurant days pre-2006, we had a "bug guy" come in on a regular basis to set traps throughout the place and I recall he had diagrams of our restaurant to mark where he'd treated and set traps. That might explain why BK feels he has knowledge of restaurant layouts.

And that is great news, Believe! I'm not sure exactly how NCIC works but there should be a category for living unidentified hospital patients, newborns who were found alive and abandoned and people like BK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member