50 years ago, Bob Dylan silenced the crowd

noZme

Reaction score
Ain't it funny how time slips away?

This video commemorates the day, fifty years ago, when Bob Dylan first silenced the crowd of the Newport Folk Festival with a performance of "North Country Blues". It is amazing to think it has been this long.

Thank you so much !!!! I am old. Remember all of this

I remember it all too. I remember the precise night that I first heard Bob Dylan on the radio. A friend had told me about him, that he sounded a lot like Woody Guthrie and Ramblin Jack Elliot but that he wrote his own songs and he was really really good!!!

I became a huge fan and saw a number of live performances and followed him for many years.

I have just spent the morning listening to other Dylan recordings. Thank you for bringing him to our attention.

Me too Nora. Back in the olden days when concerts were smaller,I saw him quite a few times at Carnegie Hall.

And thenks for mentioning Ramblin Jack! Oh the memories.

I have also seen Dylan a few times, best being in 78 just after Street Legal was released. His last good album IMO. How I would have LOVED to have seen him in the 60s, he was at his best then. I love his really early Guthrie inspired recordings

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back