5801 Eagle Drive for sale

Goody, I'm so sad to hear about your friend. I read all the time about how asking for a divorce is a dangerous time for a woman (and sometimes for a man, too) but it must be so heartbreaking when it happens to a friend. It sickens me to realize he got off for this crime.

HeartofTexas said:
Goody, I'm so sad to hear about your friend. I read all the time about how asking for a divorce is a dangerous time for a woman (and sometimes for a man, too) but it must be so heartbreaking when it happens to a friend. It sickens me to realize he got off for this crime.
The worst part about it is how everyone looked up to him before it happened. He was the guy with the white collar job, seemingly successful and had just fallen on some bad luck (getting caught up the 80's downsizing). Most wives thought he was a good example on their husbands, but we didn't know about his cheating and drugging and other lowlife activities. Once we did, he sort of became our poster boy for creeps. I wish she had confided in me. I think she didn't because our husbands were friends and her husband was abusive. She was probably afraid I would mention it to mine and he'd say something to hers. Such a sad case, a waste of a lovely life. I have always wondered how she ended up with him. She was so attractive and intelligent. She would never use such bad judgment at her job. What happens in our personal life, that we screw up so often by picking men so far beneath us socially and morally?

Goody said:
The worst part about it is how everyone looked up to him before it happened. He was the guy with the white collar job, seemingly successful and had just fallen on some bad luck (getting caught up the 80's downsizing). Most wives thought he was a good example on their husbands, but we didn't know about his cheating and drugging and other lowlife activities. Once we did, he sort of became our poster boy for creeps. I wish she had confided in me. I think she didn't because our husbands were friends and her husband was abusive. She was probably afraid I would mention it to mine and he'd say something to hers. Such a sad case, a waste of a lovely life. I have always wondered how she ended up with him. She was so attractive and intelligent. She would never use such bad judgment at her job. What happens in our personal life, that we screw up so often by picking men so far beneath us socially and morally?
maybe the smoke and mirrors they throw at woman? dont know- I dont understand that either Goody-

I find it VERY odd that the website for the house is listed on the JFD site. Not that I would hide it if I were the seller, I would be outright with it. However why allow it to be advertised on a site that promotes Darlies innocence? I wonder if the current owners believe in her innocence. The way it is on the JFD site, the current owners would have to agree to have it on there.
I am one of the few that do believe in her innocence. I have posted on here before about it. I am not closed minded about this, but I just don't believe those little boys died at the hands of their mother.
Something is very odd about the whole situation.
I also dont believe that she is pond scum as many people think she is. I little ditzy maybe, but then again so can I be at times. Needy of attention, yes. But that comes with not having that Daddy love growing up. Darlie had a need to be validated, she didnt have the ability to give herself that. She wasnt taught that. The boob job, the THINGS, the spending... all failing attempts at self gratification in my opinion.
But I dont think that makes one able to kill her little boys to get attention, or to free herself.
I dont think she was a strong enough person to hurt herself the way she would have had to. Quite the contrary. I think she was very weak. She liked to outwardly appear strong, because that is how she wanted to be. But she wasnt a strong person. It takes a lot of personal strength to do that to yourself.
I also think she did love her boys.
Another thing I think is that people got caught up in noteriety when things were surfacing and fingers were pointed at Darlie. Perhaps things were blown out of proportion a lot by neighbors who remembered "that one time when"... As a woman, I have mood swings at times. Not often, but I have had to apologize to my girls a couple of times for not handling things in the best way. Stress and hormones do not contribute to perfection.
As for the evidence, or lack there of, I think a lot of things were held back.
But that is where I stand.

wonder if the current owners believe in her innocence. The way it is on the JFD site, the current owners would have to agree to have it on there.
I am one of the few that do believe in her innocence.

Yes, they do very much believe in her innocence. They used to run her 'official' site I believe until about 2 years ago when it suddenly disappeared and the family developed the www.fordarlieroutier.org one now. About a year or so ago the Just Darlie (JFD) site reappeared but if you look down the bottom in fine light grey print is the words 'Not associated with the Routier family'.

I'm just theorising here but I would suspect one of two things happened
1) there was some kind of disagreement between the current Just Darlie people and the family and they went their separate ways. However, the Just Darlie site is very extensive and has access to certain photos and video clips that I would suspect not just anyone could get their hands on. They even have high resolution images of the gallery shots available for law enforcement and forensic experts (hmmm- wonder if you would qualify DP??!!).
2) Darlie's legal team advised the family to distance themselves from the JFD people for legal reasons which might impede Darlie.

Whatever the case, they are absolutely committed to her innocence (and have been on the bandwagon for a long time) and have got their act together in a way that the family certainly doesn't. That might be on purpose but who knows?

Mary might be able to give a bit more background on the Just Darlie people. All I know is that I emailed them once when we discovered the site was back up and they were horrifed that anyone had actually found it and was looking at it because it wasn't ready (so don't make it live if you don't want people looking at it!). So they yanked it down and then about 6 months later it reappeard in it's present form.

armywife210 said:
Stress and hormones do not contribute to perfection.[/QUOTE

But they often do contribute to murder. It is a sad but very true fact, so you can't just rule it out like ti doesn't exist.

armywife210 said:
As for the evidence, or lack there of, I think a lot of things were held back.
But that is where I stand.
A lot of us would prefer the killer not be Darlie, but when the evidence points straight at her, it can't be ignored. You say some evidence was held back? Do you know what?

Are you of the mind that Darin did it and Darlie is covering up for him? Or does she not even realize he did it?

Goody said:
Aren't there a lot of coal mines in VA too?
No
I always thought Virginia Beach would be a great place to retire. Never hear of any hurricanes up there, but then winters are cold, aren't they?
I have cousins in Richmond or used to. I wonder what they are all doing now
Most hurricanes peter out by the time they hit up here. The Outerbanks, NC sticks much further out into the ocean and when it hits there, it dies down. I live about 50 miles west of Va Beach/Norfolk so get about the same weather. Sometimes it's hotter out here though without the ocean breezes. My town had some local flooding during Floyd of '99 and Isabel of '03 slammed most of VA except way up in the mountains. And it's not FL, so we get some snow/ice. It's rare for it to even stay on the ground more than 2 days. The funny thing is everything shuts down because we have no snow equipment at all. One frozen drop on a back road shuts down all schools and businesses except military and emergency personnel It's quite funny. I'm speaking of VB/Norfolk too. Link to my hometown: http://www.ci.franklin.va.us/
link to VB: http://www.vbgov.com/default/
link to Norfolk: http://www.norfolk.gov/

HeartofTexas said:
Beesy, I can't find any local real estate companies on the web for your area. I've found plenty to do with cemetaries, though! LOL! Do you recall the names of any local real estate companies that might show some properties online? I'm not particularly interested in the newer homes, although I might have to settle for them.
http://www.venturepropertiesinc.com/

http://www.century21.com/meet/office_detail.aspx?office_key=10005995

http://www.williamewood.com/offices/franklin.html

Link to relocation: http://www.discoverourtown.com/TownPage.php?Town=295&Cat=Relocation

beesy said:
No
Most hurricanes peter out by the time they hit up here. The Outerbanks, NC sticks much further out into the ocean and when it hits there, it dies down. I live about 50 miles west of Va Beach/Norfolk so get about the same weather. Sometimes it's hotter out here though without the ocean breezes. My town had some local flooding during Floyd of '99 and Isabel of '03 [url="http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_1_65v.gif"]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_1_65v.gif[/url] slammed most of VA except way up in the mountains. And it's not FL, so we get some snow/ice. It's rare for it to even stay on the ground more than 2 days. The funny thing is everything shuts down because we have no snow equipment at all. One frozen drop on a back road shuts down all schools and businesses except military and emergency personnel It's quite funny. I'm speaking of VB/Norfolk too. Link to my hometown: http://www.ci.franklin.va.us/
link to VB: http://www.vbgov.com/default/
link to Norfolk: http://www.norfolk.gov/
LOL! It said I was Visitor #1. LOL!

Isn't there a point where Virginia, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania all meet...maybe there is the tip of another state, too???....aren't there a lot of coal mines there? Scott County Virginia is near the PA border, isn't it?

Your winters sound like ours. When we do get something, it is usually ice. It snows maybe three times per winter. The first time is barely a dusting, the second time it melts off the next day or two, and the third time is the big one. It might be around for a week or so. And we shut our schools down every time. The bridges out in the country are dangerous when they ice up.

We only get about two months of cold weather, real cold weathe,r and during the day it is in the 30s and 40s mostly. A lot better than winter in Chicago, Wisconsin, and Michigan, etc.

VA beach is where Edgar Cayce is from. Isn't there a museum and a learning institute or something there? And Appomattox is an education in the civil war in itself. Amazing that it has remained so small and quaint.

HeartofTexas said:
LOL, Goody, it said I was visitor #1 also. I guess it's out to make everyone who visits feel special!

Beesy, thanks so much for the listing of real estate companies. I'm on Century 21 Gold Mark now and have found my dream home... well, except for the fact that it costs too much! Darn. Here it is:

http://www.century21.com/buy/property_detail.aspx?teasers=property-detail-pic+Property+Detail+with+Pictures&tr_key=30700092&bSite=N
heart- heres an idea-- we split the house-- My baggage is 2 kids, husband, 2 cats- dog and 2 birds.....I will get rid of our fish....whatcha think?? LOL

Is there any chance we could keep the fish and get rid of the husband??? Just kidding! That house is way too big for just me and my nephew... it's got a kazillion bedrooms! It does look like a lovely home, though, doesn't it.

HeartofTexas said:
LOL, Goody, it said I was visitor #1 also. I guess it's out to make everyone who visits feel special!

Beesy, thanks so much for the listing of real estate companies. I'm on Century 21 Gold Mark now and have found my dream home... well, except for the fact that it costs too much! Darn. Here it is:

http://www.century21.com/buy/property_detail.aspx?teasers=property-detail-pic+Property+Detail+with+Pictures&tr_key=30700092&bSite=N
I forgot to look at the price, but you might want to rethink this.
No air, and heats with oil.
Wood siding so it takes lots of maintenance
It is in the downtown area, and that may be good or not so good.

Style: Victorian
Construction: Frame
Rooms: Formal Dining Room, Formal Living Room
Basement: Crawl Space
Garage: 1 Car Garage
Air Conditioning: No A/C

Exterior: Wood Siding
Heat: Forced Air - Oil
Lot Size: Under 1/2 Acre
Water: City
Sewer: City

Thanks, Goody... I couldn't live without a/c! Not after all these years in Texas.

HeartofTexas said:
Thanks, Goody... I couldn't live without a/c! Not after all these years in Texas.
I could not either. Not even on the ocean. LOL!

HeartofTexas said:

That house is right around the corner from me! The streets are separated by a small road. It's in a really nice area, the historic district, as is ours. Our old Downtown has been revamped and is filled with houses like that. That house was just renovated this past year. So you can see the price differences in houses so close together like I said before. I can't believe they didn't put in A/C when they updated though. Odd. We have oil heat too. In the winter our electric bill is only about $75. Even with the oil prices being raised, it's still cheaper than running the electric heat all winter. And toastier, I love it. It is priced pretty steep, I doubt they'll get that for it. They are most likely trying to recoup the cost of the renovation. I thought it was older than that, but guess not.

Goody said:
Isn't there a point where Virginia, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania all meet...maybe there is the tip of another state, too???....aren't there a lot of coal mines there? Scott County Virginia is near the PA border, isn't it
I really don't know. I don't think VA has coal mines though. If they do, it's not many. WV and PA are loaded with coal mines.

VA beach is where Edgar Cayce is from. Isn't there a museum and a learning institute or something there? And Appomattox is an education in the civil war in itself. Amazing that it has remained so small and quaint.
Yeah Edgar Cayce's Foundation is near the Oceanfront somewhere. Jamestown, which is the 1st permanent Eng. colony in America is maybe 65 miles away. So is Colonial Williamsburg. Appomattox is about a 3 hour drive. There is tons of history in this part of VA since it's so close to Jamestown. I used to be the Director of a historic house museum.

Goody said:
A lot of us would prefer the killer not be Darlie, but when the evidence points straight at her, it can't be ignored. You say some evidence was held back? Do you know what?

Are you of the mind that Darin did it and Darlie is covering up for him? Or does she not even realize he did it?
Sorry I didnt reply sooner. I havent been on since my last post. If it was Darin, Darlie didn't realize it. Truthfully I think that she was so traumatized, in shock, and yea I do think that she passed out either from lack of oxygen or shock, that she wouldn't have known it was Darin if it had been. She would have no reason to cover for him. Maybe she refuses to believe that it could be him. There are a lot of senerio's that I still see as very plausible, more plausible than suddenly taking a dive off into the deep end and stabbing her kids.
A lot has been said about "overkill" with the boys. I don't see it that way. Devon was only stabbed twice. I do believe he tried to get up which resulted in the second stab wound. He is the one that was the most difficult for Darlie. The rage would have been taken out on him if she'd done it.
Damon, momma's boy, was the one with "overkill", but if you look at it from a different angle it might not have been rage but more because the poor little guy wouldn't die! I think he moved around and was able to fight more, resulting in stab wounds hitting bone, and so many of them.
I have a few different theories, some involving Darin directly or indirectly, and some not.
I have studied the evidence. I have been so intrigued with this case since it happened. SOOO I am certainly not going on Christopher Wayne Browns word. Good grief, where was he going with his ideas? Devon was right handed so he always laid on his right side. What kind of dumb thing is that to say? Everybody knows that in a sleeping state everyone moves multiple times. Not that that is the only stupid thing he said, but that one has always made me cringe, and I have never heard any one else comment on it.
As far as some evidence being held back... I can't remember the exact train of thought I was on when I said that just now. It's not a cop out. lol. I had a stroke when I was 23 (31 now) and it has left me with memory blogs. Sometimes I cant remember where I was going with a thought. hehehe. I do think that LE was just a little too eager to close this case up for publicity sake. I also think that Darlie couldn't have had her trial in a worse spot.
Sometimes what she says and does seems ALL wrong, but then again here I sit in my house, much like the one Darlie lived in, with my two little girls sound asleep upstairs and perfectly safe. I could speculate, but I pray to God that I will never know how I would react.
All in all, I think she needs a new trial in a new area. We have certainly spent tax payers money more poorly in the past and will in the future, so what would it hurt?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back