6.3 earthquake strikes off California coast

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by ~n/t~, Dec 14, 2012.

1. ~n/t~

~n/t~ New Member

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/14/15903859-63-earthquake-strikes-off-california-coast?lite

Hope our West Coast friends are ok. :please:

2. Loading...

3. Herding Cats

Herding Cats New Member

So far so good...I was asleep, and didn't feel it, and to be honest, it was a long distance from me and under water, so I don't think a lot of folks felt it. No damage has been reported so far, and as long as this is not a foreshock, I'll be happy.

Still, as usual, when there's a large EQ nearby, I will go through and double check my supplies...

Best-
    Herding Cats

4. SDkid

SDkid New Member

I didn't feel it, either and I'm in North San Diego County about 2 miles from the beach. If only I'd not finally fallen asleep at 2am!

5. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

Didn't feel it in N. Cal either, this is the first I've heard of it...

6. legalmania

legalmania Verified Paralegal

Oh good my niece is in San Diego, she also lives close to the beach, I don't know how close. Did you get any kind of Tsunami warning? I'll call her later just to make sure, they are all alright. I thought 6.3 was pretty big? Hope everyone came out with no injuries and little or no damage.

7. Herding Cats

Herding Cats New Member

6.3 is pretty big, but when it's offshore, it isn't always felt on land. And, from what I've read, it was fairly shallow, which also lessens the ability to feel it (less mass to travel through, and less mass to adjust/shake).

Best-
    Herding Cats