8 yr old bride dies after marrying 40 yr old man..

It's against the law. Even in the country this happened in. It is against the law. This should have never happened. I agree the man was a pervert regardless of his religion or culture - it was against the law and he knew better. He chose not to do better.

It is very sad to be so poor that you would sell your child. I can't even imagine that - I would make dirt soup before I would sell my child. And this is even more frustrating because the parents knew it was against the law in their country to sell the child - but they chose to do it anyway.

You can blame anything on religion or culture :( But... it doesn't make it excusable.

IMO, The parents and the man knew better and chose not to do better.

Salem

ETA: Well maybe I misread the article. It is confusing. How can they prosecute if it is not illegal? I guess it doesn't matter, I still contend they all KNEW BETTER.

^^^This. And this again. :(

Calling it "marriage" is merely an excuse to cover their child-raping asses. A pediphile is a pediphile - no excuses accepted.

Apologies, I misspelled the most important word here. Not only do I know better, but being a writer I'm also embarrassed. I should never type in anger.

Pedophile
pEdophile
peDophile
pedOphile
pedoPhile
pedopHile
pedophIle
pedophiLe
pedophilE

Sorry. I know it says the same thing, and everyone knows what I meant, but.

Simply horrifying.
Society (specifically the male gender) disgust me. And I'm a male.
Poor child. May she rise above us all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Apologies, I misspelled the most important word here. Not only do I know better, but being a writer I'm also embarrassed. I should never type in anger.

Pedophile
pEdophile
peDophile
pedOphile
pedoPhile
pedopHile
pedophIle
pedophiLe
pedophilE

Sorry. I know it says the same thing, and everyone knows what I meant, but.

PaEdophile. ;)

There are still little Romany girls being married off for money in the UK..

Burbqueen, you know I respect the heck out of you and please don't think I'm railing against you personally here...

BUT. I've heard "years ago child brides were acceptable" in other cases, too. In some of those cases (on WS no less), it's been used an excuse for the man's behaviour toward a child.

Which irks me, thoroughly. Just as this little girl's death by rape is morally (if not also legally) and utterly reprehensible, so were ALL the child marriages, EVER, in my opinion.

Even given that a 14 or 15 yo was seen by some societies as an adult in times gone by, child marriage now is child exploitation now, and NEEDS to cease, globally.

To use another context of abuse, just because children have -always- been used for heavy sweatshop labour at the cost of their health doesn't mean it's right they were, or that they are today.

Greed without conscience has always been what it is, just as pedophilia and child rape has always been what it is - this is true. But that a wrongness has happened in the past doesn't make it right, any more than it's right in the present.

I just had to say that, it's been on my mind for quite some time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back