9 yr old Bride (her dying wish)

Discussion in 'News that makes you smile!' started by PattyCake, Feb 24, 2009.

1. PattyCake

PattyCake Gypsy By Heart

Sweet little girl, get your tissues out. This has been on our local news in Houston.

Her dying wish was to get married. Suffering from Lukemia, her battle will probably end within weeks, so her family decided to give her what she wanted most. A wedding.

I cannot imagine being in that position ever. It's amazing how the family came together so quickly to give this little girl her dream. It must have been unbearable for her father to walk her down the isle.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2009/02/24/diaz.tx.9.year.old.wedding.wfaa

2. Loading...

3. ConfusedPopsicle

ConfusedPopsicle New Member

Ah, how sweet and heartbreaking at the same time.

4. winston

winston New Member

I am balling my eyes out..... That is one of the most wonderful things I have seen in a long time.

When a parent loses a child that is one of the things most often expressed as something they wished they could have seen. I am so glad that they were able to do this for her.

5. EmMomma

EmMomma Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

I haven't cried like that in a looooong time...
    So bittersweet. :(
    Thank you for sharing...

6. Brwnigirl

Brwnigirl Former Member

Wow that was really heartbreaking... and heartwarming at the same time. Wonderful that the parents were the ones that could provide her with her biggest wish.