911 Call

I slowed the playback and increased the pitch proportionately of the end section of the 911 that contains background voices:

I do, indeed, hear a young male asking:

"Are you goin' to arrest me?"

.. in response to what sounds like PR seemingly rhetorical questioning:

"Baby
[*], what did you find, what did you do?"

* Does PR say "Baby" or "JB" or "Jamie"?

If only JR, PR, BR and JBR were in that house the evening of Dec 25 and in to the morning of Dec 26, 1996 then ...

... I can only believe PR was speaking to BR.

What occurred that evening and / or that morning that caused BR to ponder: "Are you goin' to arrest me?"

I suspect the Rs were protecting BR .. probably thinking LE would not need to question him if he were not awake ..

.. or ..

.. BR was indeed, asleep and the voice actually is PR's?

Protecting Burke from being questioned? Why would they need to do that if they were innocent?? That makes no sense. Your daughter has been brutally murdered. Don't you want to do EVERYTHING possible to help find her killer? Also the fact that his statements conflict with his parents statements gives me the motivation for their refusal to place him as part of the reporting of the crime. Very telling and unfortunately their legal team prevented any actual information that Burke knew, from LE. Not the way innocent people would approach their daughters 'kidnapping/murder'.

I've gotta agree with Sunny on this -- I mean, WAY agree. If one of your two children (who sleeps on the same floor as the other, and on a different floor than you) is suddenly kidnapped in the middle of the night, would you really want to keep the other child from being questioned by the police? After all, you slept through the entire thing, but you were on a different floor. Maybe being on the same floor, that other child might have heard or seen something. Asking questions of him seems like a pretty good idea if you are indeed worried about your daughter being taken.

Questions like maybe:
Did you hear any strange noises during the night?
Did anyone come into your room and wake you at any time.
Did you by any chance notice any lights on down the hall from your room?
Did you hear JonBenet scream or call out at any time while we slept upstairs?
Did you see or hear anything that might help us find out who took your sister out of her room and left the house with her?

No, instead you would keep that child upstairs in his room away from the people trying to find his missing sister so that he doesn't have to be bothered?

Nope. Sorry. That just doesn't work, I don't buy it, and that dog don't hunt.

And what about John saying "we're not speaking to you". Ok, if BR is not there, that sentence makes no sense at all. No way he says that to Patsy. Why? In what context? And who would be the "we" he is speaking of? Burke is either in that room while that call is being made or there is someone else in the house that night. Btw, I did hear the original call where you can hear these comments very well. Burke said "what did you find" and John replied: "we are not speaking to you", in a tone of voice that told me he was very unhappy with Burke in that moment. It could have been because Burke had walked in and they didn't know it, but I think it was more than that. I am starting to really believe that John or Patsy found JonBenet with her head bashed and immediately went into cover-up mode because they believe (whether or not it's true) that Burke is responsible.

And what about John saying "we're not speaking to you". Ok, if BR is not there, that sentence makes no sense at all. No way he says that to Patsy. Why? In what context? And who would be the "we" he is speaking of? Burke is either in that room while that call is being made or there is someone else in the house that night. Btw, I did hear the original call where you can hear these comments very well. Burke said "what did you find" and John replied: "we are not speaking to you", in a tone of voice that told me he was very unhappy with Burke in that moment. It could have been because Burke had walked in and they didn't know it, but I think it was more than that. I am starting to really believe that John or Patsy found JonBenet with her head bashed and immediately went into cover-up mode because they believe (whether or not it's true) that Burke is responsible.

Heyya joeskidbeck.

Suggests an authority figure, other than the parents was there.
Parents don't have arresting powers.

Heyya joeskidbeck.

Suggests an authority figure, other than the parents was there.
Parents don't have arresting powers.

You are so right. Reckon one of their lawyer friends may have been called over? At nine, I'm sure Burke would have likened a lawyer to LE. You know, we may be closer to the truth of this case than we realize.

What this on the TV you heard it?
Sorry, you've probably said before....I'm amazed it isn't in the public domain.
I mean, we can get Secret Files on the Afghan War....why not the full tape?

It could be either PR or BR saying "they're going to arrest me" or "are you going to arrest me" but I can definitely hear it!

Also odd: "I am the mother."

Really? It's so stilted. Like she's already filled in the rest: I am the mother of the victim. I am the mother...it will be reported by the media. I am the mother...mourning the death of her daughter. Well, maybe it's nothing, but I noticed it.

She's already said "our daughter," "my daughter," the 911 operator said "your daughter"...how many times?

Remember that Patsy had a degree in journalism and worked in the field for years after she married John. She also worked with him while he got his small company off the ground.

More importantly, Patsy was a state champion and national champion runner up in...acting competition for several years when she was in high school. I coached students in that kind of competition--"oral interpretation"--as well as attended the competitions. The winners could perform on Broadway, make no mistake. These young people are really talented and take your breath away. That was Patsy.

She also wrote a monologue days before her Miss America talent competition, because her standard, award-winning monologue was from The Prime Of Miss Jean Brody and she was denied rights to perform it by the publisher because it was to be aired on national TV. She did so well she won a scholarship for that performance. I'm telling you, she was good.

Was she performing for the 911 operator? Since I firmly believe she wrote the note--also bringing her journalism and writing talents to bear--and is linked to the crime through other evidence, yeah, I think she was performing. She probably jogged in place for a few minutes before she called. That's an old trick long used in acting techniques.

Well, that's my opinion, anyhow.

Bold by me.

I agree with all but what I set in bold.

I didn't find her convincing at all. If this call was from a movie, I would have thought 'wow, she is a terrible performer. I think she tried, but failed miserably; to me, it's horrifically obvious, but that's just my opinion.

I think the lawyer friend was there as well as the good Doctor!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFMrNtTPaSY&NR=1[/ame]

Listen for the background sound between 18 and 20, sounds like maybe a dog bark. I heard it at my friends studio but never could quiet make out what it was...

Yes, but I don't think its a dog, as you only hear it once...

What this on the TV you heard it?
Sorry, you've probably said before....I'm amazed it isn't in the public domain.
I mean, we can get Secret Files on the Afghan War....why not the full tape?

I heard what was supposedly the unedited version of the 911 call several years ago. Wasn't on tv. Unless I'm mistaken, it was on FFJ. Been trying to find it again over there but the link isn't working? I have heard of people who heard it on the Geraldo show, but I missed that.

I didn't hear anything after Patsy saying "help me Jesus", but I don't think the version that I heard was restored to that point because at that time, no one realized that you could still hear voices after that. The point of this restoration was that Burke could be heard and that John knew he was up and did speak to him. I have no doubt he was up and they both knew it.

Sorry, I also meant to say that I believe they redacted Burke's voice due to his age and at that time, they had no idea if he had been the one to commit the crime. If so, his voice could not be heard (by the public) on that call because of Colorado law and his age.

What occurred that evening and / or that morning that caused BR to ponder: "Are you goin' to arrest me?"

Interesting.
makes me think of

JR:"They keep a lot inside and they don't really start thinking about it until they get to be 40 years old and that's when it hurts."

Why around 40?Cause that's when the guilty conscience starts to kick in?
maybe you wouldn't feel so guilty about things when being 20 or 30,you're busy with other stuff in life,but around 40 you start thinking about what you did and accomplish in life,what mistakes you've done.....it starts to eat you up inside.......
interesting JR comment (slip?) anyway...

I mean,if your sister was murdered when you were a little boy.....why would it hurt only around 40?doesn't make sense.......
but if it's about guilt,it does.

What if the Rs allowed their children to 'experiment' with sex play?

.. or perhaps the Rs did not know BR and JBR 'played'?

I might believe the latter.

What if BR attempted to carry JBR whilst she was asleep to his room or to the basement and along the way he accidentally dropped her on her head or hit her head against the spiral stair pillar?

With a severe fracture, JBR would have awakened after the impact but would not have been fully cognizant .. leaving BR to go beyond what they'd 'normally' had done, without any resistance from JBR.

The BDSM scene? BR might have found a magazine(s) at his residence or perhaps at an R family friend's house .. and he simply wanted to act out what he had seen?

Sometime during the play, JBR dies not so long after having been dropped or hit on her head.

When did either or both Rs discover the situation?

PR: "what did you find (tell me?), what did you do."

I believe that rhetorical questioning occurred way beyond initial discovery, that it simply was PR still in a non-belief state, rhetorically asking her one child what he had told her earlier about what he had done with her other child.

At what point did the Rs determine they could not remove JBR's body from the dwelling without the possibility of being seen?

Did the R's first think they could make it look like a runaway situation, with JBR having packed a suitcase and leaving? .. a missing JBR, a missing suitcase, obvious runaway?

I suspect some of the missing notepad pages might have contained a practice "runaway note".

What would observers think if they saw an R or an R's friend removing a suitcase from the property .. and perhaps through a basement window?

Were the Rs intent on hiding JBR's body and eventually to make it 'disappear' whilst a 'runaway note' hung fresh in the air for LE to peruse?

Unworkable. Unbelievable. A 6-yr-old runaway? Nah.

They needed to 'explain' the death .. think, think .. a ransom note? A kidnapping gone wrong?

What did the Rs say to BR? "Don't tell anyone because you'll be arrested and go to jail. We'll protect you." ?

I believe the JBR death was an accidental death and the sexual scene was carried out between siblings whilst the one sibling was not aware of the severity of the other's head injury since there was no visible injury beyond perhaps JBR's probably-quite-subdued demeanor.

For BR to remain silent and to refuse to speak with LE at this time might be an indication of his innocence and / or a grudge-carryover from when the BPD was determined to catch the parents who he knows to be innocent .. or .. the parents ARE guilty and / or ..

.. BR has something else to hide .. such as what I posted above?

Interesting.
makes me think of

JR:"They keep a lot inside and they don't really start thinking about it until they get to be 40 years old and that's when it hurts."

Why around 40?Cause that's when the guilty conscience starts to kick in?
maybe you wouldn't feel so guilty about things when being 20 or 30,you're busy with other stuff in life,but around 40 you start thinking about what you did and accomplish in life,what mistakes you've done.....it starts to eat you up inside.......
interesting JR comment (slip?) anyway...

I mean,if your sister was murdered when you were a little boy.....why would it hurt only around 40?doesn't make sense.......
but if it's about guilt,it does.

Thank you, Madeleine! I think I may have just figured out what JR meant by that remark. Do you think it's possible that it came up that JB may be being molested (whether in play with her brother or someone else) and Patsy suddenly remembered what she had endured as a little girl? Think about it. She was turning 40. They had the big BS bash and were going on the Big Red Boat as a celebration. I'm thinking this is what JR was talking about. Maybe trying to find a reason for what happened to JB without naming names. Poor Patsy, holding all that in until she was 40 and finding out it may be happening to her baby girl. I'm not being facetious here, I'm totally serious in my sympathy for Patsy.

What if the Rs allowed their children to 'experiment' with sex play?

.. or perhaps the Rs did not know BR and JBR 'played'?

I might believe the latter.

What if BR attempted to carry JBR whilst she was asleep to his room or to the basement and along the way he accidentally dropped her on her head or hit her head against the spiral stair pillar?

With a severe fracture, JBR would have awakened after the impact but would not have been fully cognizant .. leaving BR to go beyond what they'd 'normally' had done, without any resistance from JBR.

The BDSM scene? BR might have found a magazine(s) at his residence or perhaps at an R family friend's house .. and he simply wanted to act out what he had seen?

Sometime during the play, JBR dies not so long after having been dropped or hit on her head.

When did either or both Rs discover the situation?

PR: "what did you find (tell me?), what did you do."

I believe that rhetorical questioning occurred way beyond initial discovery, that it simply was PR still in a non-belief state, rhetorically asking her one child what he had told her earlier about what he had done with her other child.

At what point did the Rs determine they could not remove JBR's body from the dwelling without the possibility of being seen?

Did the R's first think they could make it look like a runaway situation, with JBR having packed a suitcase and leaving? .. a missing JBR, a missing suitcase, obvious runaway?

I suspect some of the missing notepad pages might have contained a practice "runaway note".

What would observers think if they saw an R or an R's friend removing a suitcase from the property .. and perhaps through a basement window?

Were the Rs intent on hiding JBR's body and eventually to make it 'disappear' whilst a 'runaway note' hung fresh in the air for LE to peruse?

Unworkable. Unbelievable. A 6-yr-old runaway? Nah.

They needed to 'explain' the death .. think, think .. a ransom note? A kidnapping gone wrong?

What did the Rs say to BR? "Don't tell anyone because you'll be arrested and go to jail. We'll protect you." ?

I believe the JBR death was an accidental death and the sexual scene was carried out between siblings whilst the one sibling was not aware of the severity of the other's head injury since there was no visible injury beyond perhaps JBR's probably-quite-subdued demeanor.

For BR to remain silent and to refuse to speak with LE at this time might be an indication of his innocence and / or a grudge-carryover from when the BPD was determined to catch the parents who he knows to be innocent .. or .. the parents ARE guilty and / or ..

.. BR has something else to hide .. such as what I posted above?

I am in total shock!! So you honestly believe that the R's are guilty?! What made you change your mind please?

I am in total shock!! So you honestly believe that the R's are guilty?! What made you change your mind please?

Hi, sunniern,

Guilty of what? ;-)

I have commented previously that I do not have an opinion one way or
another since the 'facts' in this case could be interpreted to lead in many directions.

Some of my posts provide nothing more than speculation. The post to which you are referring is one of those.

The content of my post presents a very possible scenario as it seems to fit with most of the 'facts'.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back