A few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I saw of that link its not a link to the actual files but a personal opinion piece. If the mccanns had phones that only stored a certain amount of texts then they were going to have to delete some to make room for others and it stands to reason they would be selective when deciding what to keep and what to delete. There is noithing in the final report linked to in previous post to suggest the pj thought the phone activity was suspicious IMO. Besides which the service providers could provide such records if requested to do so.

Sitemap
This information belongs to the Ministério Público in Portimão, Portugal.
It was released to the public on 4 August 2008 in accordance with Portuguese Law
WITH THANKS TO PAULO REIS: LINK: FOR THE DETAILED ANALYSIS REPORT, IT IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY AND IS NOT PART OF THE OFFICIAL RELEASED PJ FILES.

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.co.uk/2008/12/more-on-deleted-call-records.html

My understanding is this was information released to the public. Paulo Reis did the analysis.

The M's now have access to all files, if they were suspects in any way their access would be denied.

Great point on not enough vs none on the evidence against the M's, that pretty much says it all:)

Without page numbers or location information in this huge document, all I can find is that the process against the parents was archived - I do not see where they cleared.

"b) The archiving of the Process concerning Arguidos Gerald Patrick McCann and Kate Marie Healy, because there are no indications of the practise of any crime under the dispositions of article 277 number 1 of the Penal Process Code."

Which basically means that PJ didn't have evidence to continue the investigation. The report still calls them "arguidos."

What this means it that the information is open to individual interpretation. You may see it as the McCanns being cleared. Others may see it as the McCanns remaining arguidos. That's fine because at WS everyone gets to interpret the information as they see it - in their own context.

Salem

The report states that the coercians are now lifted under article 214, which means by that law they are no longer aguidos IMO.

As far as I am aware aguido is a legal status, not something that is open to interpretation IMO.

Also people talk about the mccanns not being cleared, but the final report linked to in the quote states the non-involvement of the parents shown by fact not in flat when she disappeared, their behavior, phone analysis etc. It also states none of the indications thaked to them being aguidos were confirmed or consolidated.

In the EU and members of the European council the human rights act applies which states in short innocent before being proven guilty. Portugal is a member of this, therefore in portugal only guilt is proved, innocence is taken as the default position. Therefore there is no such thing as being formally cleared, the nearest equivalent is to have the attorney general state the process against you is being archived as no evidence against you, and that coercians are lifted and refer to your non-involvement listing reasons for it IMO .
Does anyone here who thinks the mccanns have not been formally cleared know how this clearing would actually take place?

The report states that the coercians are now lifted under article 214, which means by that law they are no longer aguidos IMO.

As far as I am aware aguido is a legal status, not something that is open to interpretation IMO.

Also people talk about the mccanns not being cleared, but the final report linked to in the quote states the non-involvement of the parents shown by fact not in flat when she disappeared, their behavior, phone analysis etc. It also states none of the indications thaked to them being aguidos were confirmed or consolidated.

In the EU and members of the European council the human rights act applies which states in short innocent before being proven guilty. Portugal is a member of this, therefore in portugal only guilt is proved, innocence is taken as the default position. Therefore there is no such thing as being formally cleared, the nearest equivalent is to have the attorney general state the process against you is being archived as no evidence against you, and that coercians are lifted and refer to your non-involvement listing reasons for it IMO .
Does anyone here who thinks the mccanns have not been formally cleared know how this clearing would actually take place?

I think you're misinterpreting the lack of evidence to no evidence. The case was archived because it lacked the evidence against the McCanns. It means if further evidence surfaces they can be reinterviewed, arrested and charged.

The case remains open until they solve the case until then, nobody is cleared. IMO

So far they have no other suspects despite efforts made by Scotland Yard.

How is she the one misinterpreting, when she is using a direct quote? Somethings are not opinions they are facts, which people against the M's have a hard time presenting. Moo

Portugal has had other suspects recently. They have shifted their focus from the M's.

How is she the one misinterpreting, when she is using a direct quote? Portugal has had other suspects recently.

Please link to other suspects. Thanks

No it's not a direct quote.

I must be blind I don't see the I eat I eat part.

This is Mrs Fenn's statement
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PAMELA_FENN.htm

I definitely remember the I eat, I eat, but it wouldn't necessarily have been in Mrs. Fenn's statement. There was some discussion that perhaps it was, I'm hungry, and mistranslated or that she was saying Papa which means food in Portuguese. But since Madeleine doesn't speak Portuguese... I only used the I eat example because I thought others might remember it. I'll post it when I find it.

The M's now have access to all files, if they were suspects in any way their access would be denied.

Great point on not enough vs none on the evidence against the M's, that pretty much says it all:)

Not correct.

the Portuguese legal system is very different to the US.

The word "Arguido" does not translate directly into "suspect".

Arguido is an official term which means the Arguido has special legal standing and under Portugese law must be treated almost as their own lawyers, receiving all information from the prosecution.

It gives a POI legal status which is not translatable into our Western system. It is intended to protect the POI by making them privy to the investigation against them.

There wasn't enough evidence to convict Casey Anthony either.

Does this mean she is totally innocent too?

How is she the one misinterpreting, when she is using a direct quote? Somethings are not opinions they are facts, which people against the M's have a hard time presenting. Moo

Portugal has had other suspects recently. They have shifted their focus from the M's.

Have the PJ told us that they have other suspects?

Please provide a link I must've missed that.

Something recent directly from the PJ thanks none of this "unnamed source" or Daily Mail business.

The new info from Portugal's TVI - reports that the 'three burglars' worked for the Ocean Club - Mark Warner and that SY wants their bank accounts to be analysed.

http://www.tvi24.iol.pt/videos/video/14068211/1

Maddie: PGR [Attorney General's Office] has already received letter from the British police

by Marisa Rodrigues

The three men that the British police wants to question worked at the Ocean Club, in Praia da Luz, at the time when Madeleine McCann disappeared.

They made several phone calls on the night of the 3rd of May of 2007. A number of calls to other people that was considered to be high and abnormal. This is what makes them persons of interest.

TVI knows that the rogatory letter also requests for searches to be carried out and bank accounts to be analysed.

The document has already arrived at the Attorney General's Office and will be sent to the Court of Portimão. The diligences will once more be handed over to the Judiciary Police.

It's the second time that the detectives ask for help, through a rogatory letter, for the ongoing investigation in England. Everything suggests that it will be the same inspectors, from Faro and Portimão, to carry it out.

The calendar for the diligences now has to be defined by the police forces from both countries. The British detectives may come to Portugal, but only to accompany the work that has to be performed by the Judiciary Police, on the terrain.

ERM the Brits are already in Faro.

This article makes no sense.

From the headline it appears arrest of 3 burglars is imminent.

She then goes on to say that the 3 still need to be questioned and their bank accounts analysed.

So which is it? Is the 3 burglar thing at the end or the beginning?

If they don't have their POI's basic details yet, they can hardly have a case against them!!!!!

Also what's the holdup? Why havent the been located or even identified yet? Every other "suspect" in this case has has their picture splashed over every page, remember Euclides?

It was ONLY TWO MONTHS AGO he was being outed as "suspect" and his memory publicly ruined by the rags... Let alone Murat, Hewlett, etc.

She then goes on to say that the 3 still need to be questioned and their bank accounts analysed.

If they don't have their POI's basic details yet, they can hardly have a case against them!!!!!

Also what's the holdup? Why havent the been located or even identified yet? Every other "suspect" in this case has has their picture splashed over every page, remember Euclides?

It was ONLY TWO MONTHS AGO he was being outed as "suspect" and his memory publicly ruined by the rags... Let alone Murat, Hewlett, etc.

Murat was treated appallingly as was euclides, I fully agree. But so were the mccanns, and murat was an aguido just as the mccanns were and gas been cleared in just the same manner IMO.

As for Hewlett, he was a convicted paedophile who abducted young girls.

As for the burglars, it could be that they are already in prison or aguidos for burglary if indeed the burglar theory is correct which could prevent press reporting on them. One thing people don't seem to question when discussing if burglars would take a child is how it is known these men were the burglars?

Another reason for not reporting their identities is libel. Tractorman was dead and could not be libeled, and Hewlett was a convicted paedophile so unlikely to convince a court he could be defamed.

I am wondering how come you know it all better than anyone.. what is your source?

I am wondering how come you know it all better than anyone.. what is your source?

Sources.

I read everything I can find then fact check and apply common sense and logic and statistics.

Mccannfiles
Gerry's blog
Kate's book
Interviews
Documentaries
Internet forums
Newspaper archives
SY Website
Amarals book and doco
Linguistic analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.