A month later... where is Lisa? What is your opinion?

One month into the investigation where do your thoughts lie? What happened to Lisa?

• I have no idea whatsoever

Votes: 39 8.9%
  • I am on the fence (meaning I have some thoughts one way and some thoughts another)

Votes: 95 21.7%
  • I think DB is responsible

Votes: 176 40.2%
  • I think JI is responsible

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • I think both parents are responsible

Votes: 67 15.3%
  • I think someone else familiar or known to the family is responsible

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • I think a stranger is responsible

Votes: 12 2.7%
  • other

Votes: 4 0.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i asked about the river a while back and a local said it is fast and many a body was dumped there some have never been found. it is also running extra fast due to flooding up north of that area. I thought if a killer wanted to hide a body why put it in a pond where it could be found if there is a good chance the river would take it far away and may never be found. My guess if the poor child is dead that is where the killer put her and I guess that is why they havent bothered to look there as it would be needle in a haystack times 1000. just my opinion.

I think the same. I have hope the body will surface, if it's there.

nurse <--------fence

I titter and totter.. but I am not convinced either way. I am sure LE knows what they are doing and I am confident they will knock me off the fence soon. I also have to hand it to them for playing it close to the vest..there is a potential jury out there watching... So all that being said I totter more toward one of the family being involved..

the cancellation of the amber alert after only 12 hours also has me tottering that way.. or teetering.. what have you...

Momma is responsible for what ever happened...drunk while on duty.

On the fence but the dog hit in the bedroom has me swaying.

me too.. and the recently overturned earth in the backyard.. along with what LE said today.. that they had recovered evidence of value to the investigation during their searches.

Despite those concerns, detectives did admit each search done had recovered evidence helpful to the investigation.
Police have not said what evidence they found.

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...ter-still-no-sign-of-Lisa-irwin#ixzz1clmoB5tI

I just picked other...because I'm so baffled everyday that I am starting to wonder if aliens took her. Just ridiculous.

O/T Since this is such a debate with all of us, can we have a Thread with a Poll regarding:
WAS DB REALLY DRUNK
DID DB USE BEING DRUNK AS A COVER UP

PS. O/T And at 5 pm when I'm finished keeping this precious 10 month old, which said child has been sick all day, has not napped and has pooped five times, :woohoo: I believe I will stop by Kroger and get a Big Ole Honkin Box of White Wine and run a trial of how much of the box I can drink before blacking out. I'm gonna video myself too. I'll let ya'll know the results. Maybe I'll do some drunk sleuthing for Websleuths entertainment of watching me type while drinking.... j/k.....:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: I would never subject ya'll to that :innocent:

Ya know, you may be onto something there. That would explain the "white blob". :crazy:

i asked about the river a while back and a local said it is fast and many a body was dumped there some have never been found. it is also running extra fast due to flooding up north of that area. I thought if a killer wanted to hide a body why put it in a pond where it could be found if there is a good chance the river would take it far away and may never be found. My guess if the poor child is dead that is where the killer put her and I guess that is why they havent bothered to look there as it would be needle in a haystack times 1000. just my opinion.

Here's a story about a body pulled from the river very recently... after two years. So we never know.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20111018/news/710189785/

I said both !

I believe drunk MOM was responsible for Lisa's Death (yes i believe she is dead).
Dad JI comes home and finds a dead Lisa and a passed out DEb..He runs to check on the boys.
this is why he never checks Lisas room because she is in with deb. He has to think quick and starts the cover up...

I think we're all jaded by the MCA circus, and we are taking it out on this mother.

There have been times where my 5 yo daughter has driven me nuts and I would have liked to guzzle some wine too- and I have. (Fair enough, not falling down drunk, but very merry.) I think all the talking heads who are ready to draw and quarter this woman because she admitted to being drunk are a bunch of sensationalist hypocrates. Parents can and do make mistakes. Nobody is denying drinking to excess when you are being an active caretaker of a child is a bad idea- and nobody regrets it more than that poor mother.

Why she initially denied it, then downplayed the amount was obvious: she was afraid of her other kids being taken away from her too, but by social workers. In her position, with the media already beginning to label you a baby-killer and a horrific excuse for a mother, many of you might have done the same thing.

Her defense lawyer is very good. Like it or not, he's giving them good legal advice: don't give the media anything more to hang you with- because they *will* hang you to sell papers and commercial time on TV. Perhaps they don't want the 2 little boys interviewed for the same resons Elizabeth Smart's parents didn't pressure her sister (who was also sleeping in the same room when Elizabeth was abducted). Perhaps when the kids are not scared or pressured to say *something*, ANYTHING, they will talk. I would rather preserve my child's potential memory as a witness and be derided in the media than risk losing a vital clue by someone putting words into my child's mouth or altering their memory.

I think it's time people stop seeing the world through the leftover poison of the CA trial. In that case, clearly she was guilty. In this one, this family deserves compassion.

Thread title asks: Where is Lisa?

Poll asks "What happened to Lisa?"

However, the choices for this poll don't seem to line up with either of those questions, IMO.

The poll options seem to more accurately answer the question, "In your opinion, who is responsible for the disappearance of Lisa?"

(Intent of this comment is to be helpful and in no way disrespectful.)

----------

P.S. I voted DB.

Still on the fence. Leaning towards DB but not 100% convinced. I don't think I will be shocked if it turns out to be her or someone else, so many strange twists and turns.

Sad to say that I don't believe precious Lisa is still alive.

As much as I can feel sympathy for the parents if they are innocent, I can't muster up any sympathy for them not cooperating with LE. It's gone on too long. I can see trying to rationalize the reasons for them not doing it, but in the end it is their daughter who is missing. As difficult as it might be for them, no one else can answer the questions that LE say they need answered but them. I can even understand when they said they were overwhelmed at the questioning in the beginning, I hope I never have to go through having a child missing, but if they really want their child found they need to stop whining about how LE was mean to them and go back and answer what needs to be answered so the investigation can move forward. That's if they are truly innocent.

That being said though, it might even be too late for that. The high powered, "very prestigious", attorneys are not here to find Lisa but to prepare for DB's defense.

I could have also mustered up sympathy for them when they left the home to get away from the media, until they welcomed in the national media on what might have been their boys only short period of time for some normalcy.

If their attorneys were really here to help find Lisa, why no call to search teams, as mentioned before, Tim Miller. They must know that time is of the essence.

All JMHO

I think we're all jaded by the MCA circus, and we are taking it out on this mother.

There have been times where my 5 yo daughter has driven me nuts and I would have liked to guzzle some wine too- and I have. (Fair enough, not falling down drunk, but very merry.) I think all the talking heads who are ready to draw and quarter this woman because she admitted to being drunk are a bunch of sensationalist hypocrates. Parents can and do make mistakes. Nobody is denying drinking to excess when you are being an active caretaker of a child is a bad idea- and nobody regrets it more than that poor mother.

Why she initially denied it, then downplayed the amount was obvious: she was afraid of her other kids being taken away from her too, but by social workers. In her position, with the media already beginning to label you a baby-killer and a horrific excuse for a mother, many of you might have done the same thing.

Her defense lawyer is very good. Like it or not, he's giving them good legal advice- don't give the media anything more to hang you with- because they will hang you to sell papers and commercial time on TV. perhaps they don't want the 2 little boys interviewed for tge same resons Elizabeth Smart's parents didn't pressure her sister (who was also sleeping in the same room when Elizabeth was abducted). Perhaps when the kids are not scared or pressured to say *something*, ANYTHING, they will talk. I would rather preserve my child's potential memory as a witness and be derided in the media than risk losing a vital clue by someone putting words into my child's mouth or altering their memory.

I think it's time people stop seeing the world through the leftover poison of the CA trial. In that case, clearly she was guilty. In this one, this family deserves compassion.

BBM The problem with that is: She staunchly defended her right to partay during her "adult time" 2-3 times a week. Elizabeth Smart's sister was not paraded in front of a media camera either.

Trained experts would not normally insert words into the child's mouth or alter their memory. I am sure if the parents wished they could remotely view the interview and the attorney could put a stop to questioning if he felt a problem arose. I cannot for the life of me think of a valid reason why the parents cannot work something out for the interview.

my theories change as often as the timeline! Right now I believe someone close to the family had something to do with it. I just have a hard time imagining black-out-drunk could pull this off without the FBI figuring it out by now.

Of course my theory is subject to change!

Mel

I said both !

I believe drunk MOM was responsible for Lisa's Death (yes i believe she is dead).
Dad JI comes home and finds a dead Lisa and a passed out DEb..He runs to check on the boys.
this is why he never checks Lisas room because she is in with deb. He has to think quick and starts the cover up...

yes I believe there was help to cover up! :furious:

Unfortunately, I think that Baby Lisa has been deceased since the night she &#8220;disappeared&#8221; and I think LE knows that. I believe DB accidently killed Baby Lisa in a drunken stupor/blackout and is now trying to cover her tracks with the assistance of JI.

Has it been stated what kind of anxiety medication she takes and how much? I read that she takes it every morning, so I doubt it&#8217;s Xanax or something similar, those types of meds aren&#8217;t usually taken on a daily basis unless the person has extreme anxiety. I&#8217;m guess it&#8217;s something more along the lines of Buspar, which you do have to take on a regular basis to keep it in your system. The reason I ask this is because it has been mentioned several times that DB&#8217;s state of intoxication could&#8217;ve been due to her drinking while taking an anti-anxiety medication but the effects are very dependant on what type of medication it is. Alcohol and Xanax can definitely cause extreme intoxication and blackouts. On the other hand, drinking while on a med like Buspar doesn&#8217;t really have much of an effect. I can speak from personal experience, I&#8217;ve taken both types of these meds and have drank on both. I became extremely intoxicated in a short time when I was on Xanax, blacked out and couldn&#8217;t remember anything to next day. With Buspar, I didn&#8217;t experience anything out of the ordinary.

I strongly believe mom had everything to do with it, whether intentional or not. I have a 10-month-old and a glass of wine sounds great many a night! However, getting blacked-out-drunk while alone with three kids is beyond poor judgement. I think the alcohol is key to the whole story.

Also, her behavior has simply been too bizarre, too fickle, too unbelievable. People who have nothing to hide, hide nothing. Not allowing the boys to talk to the police, not cooperating with LE early on, changing stories with different media, etc., just stinks.

I am on the fence, but I really don't think Debbie or Jeremy had anything to do with Lisa's disappearance. I think that making a decision without all the facts is pointless and can be serious bad juju if you are wrong. It's better to give people the benefit of the doubt until there is proof that they did something. Once it's proven, the gloves are off, but till then, I don't want to take a chance on heaping more bad vibes onto people who are already hurting. JMO

Her defense lawyer is very good. Like it or not, he's giving them good legal advice: don't give the media anything more to hang you with- because they *will* hang you to sell papers and commercial time on TV. Perhaps they don't want the 2 little boys interviewed for the same resons Elizabeth Smart's parents didn't pressure her sister (who was also sleeping in the same room when Elizabeth was abducted). Perhaps when the kids are not scared or pressured to say *something*, ANYTHING, they will talk. I would rather preserve my child's potential memory as a witness and be derided in the media than risk losing a vital clue by someone putting words into my child's mouth or altering their memory.

This should be the post of the day. I completely agree with you but couldn't have said it as well. Thank you

me too.. and the recently overturned earth in the backyard.. along with what LE said today.. that they had recovered evidence of value to the investigation during their searches.

have they said if they are going to elaborate the LE statement at a certain time? ....(e.g. like a news interview at 6 )

we all want to know whats going on behind the scenes....i hope they find her soon!

still DB,whether or not anyone else is involved i'm yet to be convinced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member