A new thought

This whole thing about the travel to Amsterdam is IMO a non-starter, as Scarlett likes to put it. We have plenty of factual things to focus on without being side-tracked by imaginary things, so let's stay on focus.

I think that if PR had accidentally hurt jonbenet in a fit of rage she would do anything to protect herself, definitely because she still had a young child left to raise, let alone her own self/public image. I went back and re read some of ST's book and one thing that jumped out to me was how kind of 'crazy' (for lack of a better word) JR was about his money, constantly calculating and recalculating which leads me to believe he was the person who came up with the idea of the ransom note and it's contents.

I can say that I have a hard time, now thinking about it, believing that JR slept through that whole night. I could almost though see JR practically murdering PR himself if he found out she had (nearly) killed their daughter in a fit of rage. Ugh. So many possibilities.

I disagree with ST's theory that JR became aware of the situation later in the morning. I believe that JR became aware of the head bash much earlier than ST theorizes. I think the entire IDI was JR's idea and that he directed the staging. Certainly PR did not direct the staging IMO as she would have been an emotional wreck over her severely wounded/dying daughter. And of course BR did not direct the staging. That leaves one person.

PR would be in a total panic and would not know what to do in the situation you give. She would immediately wake up JR. She would not keep that secret from her husband. Just think about that and you will realize there would be no reason for her to do that and it would be totally against her character. She would seek help from JR.

No, JR directed the entire staging. PR did what she was told to do by JR to assist in the staging. She aided in the staging at the direction of her husband.

At the end of the day, these are my thoughts, too. The ONLY person they would protect together is their son. Not one of his sons, not himself, not Patsy. Only Burke. In the ST book there is a bit about the 911 call and how Burke can be heard saying 'what DID you find?' This could still fit with BDI. He was referring to the note, which was being put together by his parents, hears his mother on the phone saying they found a note and was like 'what did you find?" They all already knew about jonbenet, he wasn't referring to her, just the note. My Mom and I debate this all the time and she always ends up winning. They would only protect Burke.

And IF BDI the timing would make so much sense, her mother had her in the school before holidays performing for her peers, between that and her pageant stuff I could so see B feeling the lack of attention and lashing out in some way, not necessarily wanting or meaning to hurt her.

As I was reading on another site yesterday, I came across an article that said BR received junior golf clubs for Christmas. They were in the basement with a tag seen on them, and a large purple bow. Remember that PR used purple in her decorating that year. I don't know if these golf clubs played a part in this or not.
Sometime ago I presented a scenario, which could have happened. What if the head bash was done by BR, and when he couldn't get a response from JB, he went and got his parents.
What If he told them he and JB were fooling around and she fell, and he couldn't wake her.
Even if he did the head bash, they could still think it an accident. Maybe PR went first to his aid, and seeing that the garrote wasn't working they called JR, and he ended JB's life. That could be why his robe was over the chair in the family room.
The fibers from PR' s jacket indicate that she was partly involved in using the garrote.
BR may have know a lot about knot making, as he sailed with his Father, and he was a Boy Scout. He could have done both the head bash, and the garrote, and said they were playing kitty, and later JB fell and wouldn't wake up. My former theory was that BR could have done it all and the parents believed him when he said it was an accident. There was a fireplace poker in the basement. Could that have been the head bash weapon?
One or both of the parents could have wrapped JB in the blanket, but PR would most likely to know that blanket was in the basement dryer. I believe all the lies, and obscuring the investigation were done to protect one person, their Son.

At the end of the day, these are my thoughts, too. The ONLY person they would protect together is their son. Not one of his sons, not himself, not Patsy. Only Burke. In the ST book there is a bit about the 911 call and how Burke can be heard saying 'what DID you find?' This could still fit with BDI. He was referring to the note, which was being put together by his parents, hears his mother on the phone saying they found a note and was like 'what did you find?" They all already knew about jonbenet, he wasn't referring to her, just the note. My Mom and I debate this all the time and she always ends up winning. They would only protect Burke.

And IF BDI the timing would make so much sense, her mother had her in the school before holidays performing for her peers, between that and her pageant stuff I could so see B feeling the lack of attention and lashing out in some way, not necessarily wanting or meaning to hurt her.

I disagree the only person they would protect together was their son. They would also protect together PR. But I do not believe they would protect together JR. So you cannot eliminate PR as being the head basher.

Regarding BR asking that question, it does not infer that he is the head basher or the murderer. To me, he is just asking a question, trying to find out what is going on because he does not understand what is happening. That would make BR completely innocent, and everything would fall on PR and JR.

Personally, I don't believe they would together protect PR. I think PR would be more likely to protect JR than vice versa. If he were gone, she has no one to pay for her cushy life. With her gone... ? He's still JR with all his money and high class life.

ETA: That said, I still believe the ONLY one they would jointly protect so staunchly is their only remaining child.

I have removed several posts for violations and being OFF TOPIC. This thread is to discuss the possibility that there were 2 perps.

Get back on topic, please and thank you. :)

Salem

Personally for me, the photos of the garrote and how it is tightly and neatly tied around the handle of the paintbrush strike me as being done by someone that understands knots, rope, and is strong. I don't see PR or BR being that person but from all accounts JR fits the bill.
I'm not familiar with the density or strength of wooden paintbrushes. Would it have been difficult for a woman to break such a short length of wood between her hands?

The paintbrush would have been very difficult for anyone to break by hand.

AK

Another possibility:

Paintbrush was already broken/in pieces.

Lord knows at any given time I have 1 or 2 broken pencil pieces in the kitchen pencil cup.

Interesting question, I hadn't considered this before. You might be interested in reading through the discussion linked below...

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10084&page=6
Thanks, Mama, for finding that thread. I was going to see if I could locate it when I found the time, but you already found it. A couple of points about Cynic’s and Elle’s experiments with breaking a paintbrush...

I’m not sure of what type of wood the Ramsey paintbrush was made from. Different types of wood would have different densities, strength, hardness, etc. Different types of wood would also splinter differently (as shown in the photos taken by Cynic and Elle at FFJ. My personal opinion is that a woman or a child would find it difficult (but not entirely impossible) to break the short lengths of wood (longer sections would allow more leverage than shorter). Men seem to learn (or inherently understand) ways around such obstacles (leaning it across and elevated edge and stepping on it, sticking one end in a tight space and applying pressure, etc.). But usually such things tend to be simply turned over to a man to accomplish by whatever means is necessary (so we do serve some purpose despite DeeDee’s one-time disparagement :giggle: ). How else would jar lids ever get removed?

BTW, I’ll copy the links to Cynic’s two video demonstrations for everyone’s benefit here at WS:

fbrsnp - YouTube

ebrsnp - YouTube

IMO, the paint brushes being broken in these videos, and shown in the pictures linked to by Mama2JML are too small to be representative. They might be the right length, but they are not the correct thickness. Compare the cord – ¼ inch width – to the handle.

The paintbrush used by the killer was probably closer to the top brush as seen in the photo attached. The white paper in the upper photo is the same length as the handle after being broken by the killer. This is illustrated by the thick black line drawn in the lower photo. Notice how much of the brush is left over for the tip (missing from the house).

DSCN1065.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Brokenandnotbroken.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

AK

I'd open a jar with my Smith & Wesson rather than ask my husband to do it. :floorlaugh:

My personal opinion is that a woman or a child would find it difficult (but not entirely impossible) to break the short lengths of wood (longer sections would allow more leverage than shorter). Men seem to learn (or inherently understand) ways around such obstacles (leaning it across and elevated edge and stepping on it, sticking one end in a tight space and applying pressure, etc.).
I was thinking of the (notable) difference in hand/wrist strength between men and women, and how easy the garrote might be for JR to make versus PR.

Whether men "seem to learn or inherently understand" smarter ways to break stuff (lol) had not crossed my mind. The first thing I thought of when I tried to picture breaking a stick I didn't have the strength to break between my hands was using my foot/weight... and I'm only a girl! :takeabow:

Interesting to see what the splintering pattern and breaking point characteristics would be with different kinds of methods and materials... leave it to internet sleuthers to have tried and shared their findings. I love us.

Heyya otg

Men seem to learn (or inherently understand)-otg ......
ya kidding me right?

If the killer wanted to ensure Jon Benet's death..one head bash wouldn't do that. I would think strangulation alone would be sufficient. Or of course, simply slit her throat.

The more and more I think about it...the killer either did not care whether she was dead or thought she was dead already. Killer seemed more interesting in making it seem like she was strangled and molested after a kidnap attempt.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back