A not so beautiful life.. either way you slice it

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Karla Homolka finished her sentence, she got lots of help to get a job and settle into another city from the Elizabeth Fry society and her mother. Even though she had helped to rape and kill three schoolgirls, including her own little sister, she was able to find a man to support her and have a baby boy. Luckily Canada doesn't allow criminals to be able to profit from their crimes by writing books or going on media tours. This article asks how can she be a fit mother? She feared for her life after she left jail, but years later is now living anonymously in the Caribbean with her partner and her son. Obviously, she is not doing too badly. Casey needn't fret either if she does get released. Unfortunately, the threat of vigilante justice rarely becomes the real thing.

http://www.macleans.ca/article.jsp?content=20070604_106076_106076&page=1

All great posts. I just can't but watch Casey during the trial and wonder what her thoughts are... crazy as they are. I imagine little bubbles above her head with her thoughts above them. Like "Shoot, this lie is not working... let me think of another." "or "When I get out of jail.. I am so gonna...."

Last week when Cindy first got on the witness stand, KC got upset that her mother was no longer standing up for her and at a recess, left the courtroom without glancing in her direction. KC cried and said something to DS........talked for several minutes. Because there was no sound everyone was trying to read her lips to see what she said. Among other things, someone picked out the word "acquittal." If that's correct, she must really believe an acquittal is a good possibility.

It's chilling to think KC might think an acquittal is a possibility. It truly shows she has no sense of guilt or remorse.

With what the state has presented so far and the evidence we know is to come, I can't see the jury coming back with a "not guilty" verdict. But, I do see the possibility that the jury could find her guilty of a lesser charge - aggravated manslaughter. With the time she's already served, she might end up only serving 10 years.

So with the thought that KC could end up walking out of prison in a matter of years, what would she do? As a convicted felon, there's many jobs she would be ineligible for. She has no skills, and would likely manipulate people into getting what she wants like she always has. She would probably manipulate a man into marrying her, and she'd probably try to find a man with money. But with her history of theft and fraud, I see her ending up committing another crime and ending up back in jail or prison. Would she kill again? That's a possibility. I would hope she'd never have any children.

I think she's burned her bridges with her parents. I think they'd see her but the relationship would be strained. They now know the depth and scope of her lies.

If ICA was released after serving time in prison, I think she might still be the most hated woman in the US.

She could work in a convenience store or do be a waitress. IMO she would never work a real job.

What does she plan on doing? She hates her family. I cannot see her going home. Her "friends" have all gone and will have nothing to do with her. She has no money or any way to get routing numbers on her parents or grandparent's accounts. I do not see any of her "boys" taking her in. What do you think in her mind she is thinking she is going to do.

Write a book probably.

thinkin.gif

If she really had nowhere to go, she'd go back home to George & Cindy in a heartbeat. And you know they'd take her right back in. JMO

If ICA needs a meal and a shower, she will set aside her supposed hatred of her family, at least until she finds another boyfriend to move in with on the first date.
JMO

She'd sell her story to Geraldo and all the other Casey apologists, make several hundred thousands of dollars and start a new life. I pray this doesn't happen.

I'd say she would go live with Zanny and all of her other "friends".
:great:

"If ICA walks on all charges".... Then monkeys have certainly flown out of my butt!

ETA: It makes me glad that all of the TH's who knew nothing of what they were talking about, nothing about the case, have all changed their opinions, and in fact now believe she is GUILTY!

CA would take her back and they'd probably kick GA to the curb. Then she'll probably do some paid interviews and "licence" the images of Caylee. And then she'll probably go on her way scamming people.

She'll just go back home and take up where she left off...parties, lies, won't hold a job, will continue to pit her parents against each other. She will probably even give birth to another child and....

:(

I think she would have to go into hiding. People are very passionate about this case. I don't think she could just live on Hopespring drive anymore... HMO

Same thing as OJ, it would catch up with her one day.

I think she would go live with her parents in the short term until she could make money selling her story. I wouldn't even be surprised if she 'confessed' like Joran van der Sloot for money.

If she were my daughter, she'd be driven to the nearest psychiatric facility to deal with all her admitted mental health issues. I'd also consider taking out a loan and offer it to her as a bribe. Get your tubes tied and this $$$$$ is yours.

She could not go home to Hopespring - it would be a huge security nightmare for the whole neighborhood. Jose would have to hide her somewhere temporarily, maybe on a yacht. Eventually she might have to move to some other English-speaking country to try to live out her life. Even then, she would have to remove the tattoo, dye her hair, and wear different colored contact lenses. Maybe gain 100 pounds for good measure.

"If ICA walks on all charges".... Then monkeys have certainly flown out of my butt!

:floorlaugh:

ETA: It makes me glad that all of the TH's who knew nothing of what they were talking about, nothing about the case, have all changed their opinions, and in fact now believe she is GUILTY!

There are still a couple out there though that don't have a clue. I heard one the other night on Dr. Drew that just burned me up. Enough to run my mouth on his page.

OR - She will be in prison anyway - FOR TAX EVASION!

I would hope her first pick up(within first 24 hrs) would be with a Dexter sorta guy.......just saying :innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong