A Psychological 'Prostitute' of Beauty...

UKGuy said:
JMO8778,

Some would make the case that the pageants were part and parcel of her abuse, its difficult to think that Patsy did not know, JonBenet's sexualization was so blatant, it was what made people sit up an take notice when those pageant clips hit the headlines all those years ago!

What I mean in saying it was her undoing is that maybe she wasn't ever present when it occured.(So maybe she was still able to deny it to herself somewhat?) I don't know.Someone else pointed out that PR may have been sleeping in one of the nearby bedrooms,instead of with JR.Perhaps it was around midnight and time for PR to awaken JB to go to the toilet ,as she sometimes did...and JR was in the room with her....

JMO8778 said:
What I mean in saying it was her undoing is that maybe she wasn't ever present when it occured.(So maybe she was still able to deny it to herself somewhat?) I don't know.Someone else pointed out that PR may have been sleeping in one of the nearby bedrooms,instead of with JR.Perhaps it was around midnight and time for PR to awaken JB to go to the toilet ,as she sometimes did...and JR was in the room with her....

JMO8778,

Well its possible she did deny it, and was never present when JonBenet was being abused?

If Patsy discovered JR and JB in a compromising situation why should it be JB that is on the receiving end, why not JR?

Its also possible that PR, JR and JB were involved in some intimate scenario, that went badly wrong?

Instead of PR being enraged it may have been JR?

UKGuy said:
JMO8778,

Well its possible she did deny it, and was never present when JonBenet was being abused?

If Patsy discovered JR and JB in a compromising situation why should it be JB that is on the receiving end, why not JR?

Its also possible that PR, JR and JB were involved in some intimate scenario, that went badly wrong?

How so UKGuy?
Never heard that one before.

narlacat said:
How so UKGuy?
Never heard that one before.

narlacat,

Its the general outline of another theory I have, as yet unposted, due to the subject matter being rather sensitive.

Its also a variation on a theme that assumes the removal of particular forensic evidence to lay the path for an Intruder Abduction.

UKGuy said:
JMO8778,

I don't rule out anything,it's just that PR didn't seem to have a normal mother/daughter relationship anyway...it seems that PR herself wasn't very normal in a lot of ways..so while a normal parent would go for the abusER,an abnormal one might be jealous and want the one being abused out of the way...but like I said,I don't rule any scenerio or parent out,other than saying I personally don't think it was toilet rage, and I don't think BR had anything to do with it.

Its also possible that PR, JR and JB were involved in some in,timate scenario, that went badly wrong?

anything's possible ,I certainly haven't ruled JR out..if he did it then I can only think it was one of 2 things...sexual rage, or to silence her before the scheduled trip the next day...maybe he was afraid she would spill the beans...
Overall I don't have a firm opinion on which parent did it,other than thinking it was definitely one of them, and *why..but it does seem that JR had more of a reason...

If Linda Hoffman Pugh caught Burke and JonBenet playing Doctor twice...then how many times did Patsy catch the two?

Patsy already knew the relationship between Burke and JonBenet....playing Doctor among her children is not something a Mother would like to witness.

Damaged goods? Sexualizing her six-y.o. only excacerbated the problem.

This "Mega JonBenet" thing that Patsy's friends wanted to discuss with her....well, I believe Patsy already knew she was doing wrong by her daughter.

Toltec said:
This "Mega JonBenet" thing that Patsy's friends wanted to discuss with her....well, I believe Patsy already knew she was doing wrong by her daughter.
No doubt,and she probably would have came up with excuses for it,she sounds like the type to do so.Probably something along the lines of her friends being jealous that she has such a beautiful and talented daughter.I don't think a talk with her would have done any good.I think she would have just gotten defensive about what she would have considered to be criticism.
I think I recall somewhere that P. White had a talk with her and PR said she thought PW said that because her own daughter Daphne wasn't interested in pagents or just wasn't as talented as JB, or something like that?

JMO8778 said:
No doubt,and she probably would have came up with excuses for it,she sounds like the type to do so.Probably something along the lines of her friends being jealous that she has such a beautiful and talented daughter.I don't think a talk with her would have done any good.I think she would have just gotten defensive about what she would have considered to be criticism.
I think I recall somewhere that P. White had a talk with her and PR said she thought PW said that because her own daughter Daphne wasn't interested in pagents or just wasn't as talented as JB, or something like that?

Too bad PR didn't make friends with people who were also into pageants, if they aren't all too competitive to make good friends. The ones PR had were not any help to her either. Clearly they wanted her to conform to them.

Most of us actually want our daughters to follow in our footsteps, though we may not say so, would be honored, but others take more control over them than we do. PR wasn't going to let that happen. Not sure I blame her too much. JonBenet only looked happy when dressed up, a typical "Leo", evidently, enjoying the spotlight. In the snapshot the so-called portrait was copied from, frankly she was an awfully plain looking kid, don't you think?

I too shake my head when JBR's ravishing beauty is discussed. Don't get me wrong she was a cute kid, but without all the makeup and mile-high curls, she was an average looking 6 year old. The blond hair was not even her own. I really don't understand the beauty thing.

That all being said she was cute as a button, a typical 6 year old.

Well you only have to compare her to Daphne White to see she was one beautiful kid.
Even without the make up, she was always going to be a stunner.

Eagle1 said:
Too bad PR didn't make friends with people who were also into pageants, if they aren't all too competitive to make good friends. The ones PR had were not any help to her either. Clearly they wanted her to conform to them.

Most of us actually want our daughters to follow in our footsteps, though we may not say so, would be honored, but others take more control over them than we do. PR wasn't going to let that happen. Not sure I blame her too much. JonBenet only looked happy when dressed up, a typical "Leo", evidently, enjoying the spotlight. In the snapshot the so-called portrait was copied from, frankly she was an awfully plain looking kid, don't you think?
No.
She was a naturally pretty little girl.
Awfully plain looking is one way to describe Daphne White, not JBR.

narlacat said:
No.
she was naturally pretty,imo.even without the makeup,tho she did look a little plain without it.i guess it's because they showed those video's of her dressed up so much.
i haven't seen a pic of Daphne.is there one online somewhere?

JMO8778 said:
she was naturally pretty,imo.even without the makeup,tho she did look a little plain without it.i guess it's because they showed those video's of her dressed up so much.
i haven't seen a pic of Daphne.is there one online somewhere?
Geez somewhere JMO.
I'll have a quick look for you and come back and edit this to let you know.

On this page, about halfway down.
http://www.maketoast.com/jonbenetpictures.htm

narlacat said:
No.
I agree

No matter how you slice it, JBR was a very pretty child

Linda7NJ said:
I agree

No matter how you slice it, JBR was a very pretty child
i wonder how the white's daughter is doing (daphne)? wonder if she was traumatized?
she's what, 16 now?

SuperDave said:
It's certainly not a big leap of imagination.

I'm reminded of a story. Everyday, a boy, about 16, comes home. Across the street, he sees this little girl standing on her front porch, as if she's waiting for him. Everyday, something is wrong with her: a black eye, a bloody lip. Her eyes beg him for help, but he's too caught up in his own teenage crap to notice or care.

One day, she's not there anymore. Her mother threw her through a plate glass window.

The boy is torn apart by guilt. He goes to the funeral. He sees her dad. First time he's ever seen a grown man cry.

Mom goes off to an asylum, all the while wondering what all the fuss is about. After all, she has to pay for a new window.

Chilling that it happens. Chilling that it happens every day. Chilling that people let it happen.

Hey! I just saw this on Law and Order. The character that Richard Belzer plays told this story to the lady detective (sorry I don't watch it often at all and do not know their names). The story was verbatum.....

Hey! I just saw this on Law and Order. The character that Richard Belzer plays told this story to the lady detective (sorry I don't watch it often at all and do not know their names). The story was verbatum.....

That's right. Had me riveted. But afterwards, all I could think of was:

how many real stories are there like that?

That's what I meant. That's just how my brain works.

SuperDave said:
That's right. Had me riveted. But afterwards, all I could think of was:

how many real stories are there like that?

That's what I meant. That's just how my brain works.

I missed the whole show and had just turned it on when that part came up. But you're right....unfortunately I bet there are a lot of "stories" like this one. :(

ellen13 said:
i wonder how the white's daughter is doing (daphne)? wonder if she was traumatized?
she's what, 16 now?
God knows, the memory of JonBenet must be haunting, especially if you knew her.
Daphne would be 16 now yes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back