Recovered/Located A Relatively Happy Ending to a GPS Goof-Up

al66pine

Reaction score
Texas couple survives being stranded 6 days in rural Utah

IDK whether prob w was GPS itself, bad mapping in app, or if they misprogrammed, or ???

In any case, wonderful that they werefound alive-- SIX DAYS!

Severalpix show the desolate landscape. So isolated.

"A Texas couple who set out for a day trip to Lake Powell while on vacation in southern Utah ended up narrowly surviving six harrowing days stranded on a rocky, desolate dirt road that was impassable in their rental car, authorities said Friday.
Helena Byler, 78, was found lying on the road Oct. 2 by a rancher who happened to be checking on his cattle in the area of the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, Kane County Chief Deputy Alan Alldredge said. She was confused and severely dehydrated.
Search and rescue teams aboard a helicopter found her husband, Gerald Byler, 76, later that day in a trailer he took shelter in after spotting an SOS sign made out of rocks and flowers that was nearby. He was severely dehydrated and unable to move, but could speak with rescuers."

http://centurylink.net/news/read/ar...uple_survives_being_stranded_6_days_in_rur-ap

omg I'm so glad they're ok

So glad they were found! From the link:

Helena Byler said Friday in an interview at the hospital that she sensed they were on the wrong road, but that her husband insisted on continuing, KSL-TV reports.

"I told Gerry, 'Sweetheart, this doesn't sound right.' And he said, 'No it's OK' ... He wanted to continue. See, us women know better," she said, chuckling.

Sounds familiar. :facepalm:

Thank you so much for sharing this good ending !

So glad they were found! From the link:

Helena Byler said Friday in an interview at the hospital that she sensed they were on the wrong road, but that her husband insisted on continuing, KSL-TV reports.

"I told Gerry, 'Sweetheart, this doesn't sound right.' And he said, 'No it's OK' ... He wanted to continue. See, us women know better," she said, chuckling.

Sounds familiar. :facepalm:
LOL. Happy ending with a bit of humor. It's what we all need right now. :giggle:

I'll just share here about our GPS. We are on tour in the Midwest U.S. right now and the stupid thing keeps taking us to about 1/2 mile of where we are trying to get to. Then we have to use my phone to get the rest of the way. I can't stand it but it beats mapping it all out.

I am glad they were found.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy