1. Jean

Jean Former Member

I would like to ask that member here at Websleuths with children in grade school copy the names of your state representatives--from the list prepared by Timex-- and pass that along to your child's school requesting that they send notes home with the children asking that the parents contact their representatives. It will only take a few minutes of your time, but it will end up saving lives. It only takes a minute or two to make a stop at the grade schools in your area to make a request for their participation. Just remember, it could be your child the next time.

I am focused on grade schools because parents with children this age are the more concerned ones--nothing against the parents of older children.

2. Loading...

3. Jean

Jean Former Member

Tricia....Please feel free to remove this thread, it was started in reference to a post I made on another thread in this forum.

"I sent e-mails to John Cornyn and Kay Hutchinson. I also copied their information from the list Timex prepared and sent it to all of my friends, book club members, people I volunteer with and neighbors. I visited three of the schools in my immediate area to give them the information and request that they prepare a note to send home with students requesting the support of parents. They acted interested--hope they will send notes home with the children."

I was trying to generate more support from parents of young children.

4. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator

No problem. Please let's keep it here. It's a great idea.

This is how out of it I was last night. I thought this thread was in the Administrators forum. That's why I posted asking why it was "here." LOL

The thread is in the right forum. It's my mind that's not in the right place.

Jean, I think this is a FANTASTIC idea.

Sorry about me messing it up. Whoops.

Tricia

5. Jean

Jean Former Member

You didn't mess it up! :p After reading my post again, I don't think my message was very clear so maybe this will clear things up. :)

6. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator

Hi Jean,

Yes, I messed up big time. I thought I was in the private Admin. forum. It's the forum for the mods and admins to use to bring issues to our attention.

Sometimes we move posts/threads to the admin forum if we see a problem.

I thought, "Hey, there is nothing wrong with this thread, why is it here?" LOL.

I just had a loooong nap. Now I am going to bed. LOL

7. Liz

Liz I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo

What's funny to me, is that I was going to post yesterday what a great idea Jean had, and that I would be contacting the elementary schools in my town. I got distracted and when I thought about posting it, Tricia had responded with her question.

I figured I'd best not be posting to a thread that wasn't supposed to be here! I came back and reread it several times, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out *why* it wasn't supposed to be here. lol!

Now that it's safe - great thinking, Jean!
    Excellent idea! :)