A twister?

This RDI thinks very little of the theory that there is some nefarous meaning to JR's use of the word "twister" when referring to the garotte, and that somehow this translates (no pun intended) into his having some great comprehension of Spanish. This train of thought would get laughed out of a court of law.

Let's stick to real indicators of guilt, not gigantic leaps of logic.

imho

:confused:

You're thinking all these words are Spanish??

bludgeon, club, dancer, defect, garotte, garrote, kink, springer, truncheon

(I only point it out because people had picked up the Spanish claim and were drawing conclusions about Ramsey's knowledge of Spanish from his use of "twister.")

I am thinking that they are Spanish SLANG. It is not what you are thinking though...those words are not American slang.

I do see why you pointed it out and I agree with you. Just because he uses the word twister, does not mean that he understands or speaks Spanish. Just because I know UNO, that doesn't know that I am fluent in Spanish, either. I agree with you on that one.

Not to come down on this one way or another, but keep in mind where John was stationed: the Phillipines, a place where Spanish has been absorbed into the local language.

Not to come down on this one way or another, but keep in mind where John was stationed: the Phillipines, a place where Spanish has been absorbed into the local language.

I didn't know that. My dad was stationed there as well...I never heard that before. Thanks...

I read a true crime book recently, where the neck device used
to strangle several women, which looked like the garrote used on Jonbenet,
was called a twitch. A twitch is made to subdue a horse but looks alot like
a garrote. Wish I could remember the name of the crime, the pictures of the neck device where so close to what I have seen in the Ramsey case.

I've always thought John did the knot,based on his sailing/boating experience.He probably would have had more knowledge of that than Patsy.If he didn't do it himself,then I believe he was right there,telling her how to.

I sometimes wonder if, after the horrible fatal injury, if the Rs didn't call over a friend or two to help with the staging. Some of them were conspicuous by their absence.

good thought,I wonder if ALL of their friends were dna checked? I bet not.

I sometimes wonder if, after the horrible fatal injury, if the Rs didn't call over a friend or two to help with the staging. Some of them were conspicuous by their absence.

Good point, I never thought of that! BUT...if one of your friends called you over to help stage a crime scene with their dead daughter..would YOU do it? Of course you wouldn't, you would call the cops pronto!

Good point, I never thought of that! BUT...if one of your friends called you over to help stage a crime scene with their dead daughter..would YOU do it? Of course you wouldn't, you would call the cops pronto!
I would make one exception to that,whom I was thinking of was the Stine family.I believe it likely they lived a liberal lifestyle like the R's did,and knew a lot of things about them that other ppl didn't know;for example,SS answering the intercom at the party on the 23rd,without opening the door to LE.Once again,the R's were hiding behind friends,and this was shortly BEFORE the murder.things that make you go hmmm.....

I would make one exception to that,whom I was thinking of was the Stine family.I believe it likely they lived a liberal lifestyle like the R's did,and knew a lot of things about them that other ppl didn't know;for example,SS answering the intercom at the party on the 23rd,without opening the door to LE.Once again,the R's were hiding behind friends,and this was shortly BEFORE the murder.things that make you go hmmm.....[/quote]

It most surely did!

I would make one exception to that,whom I was thinking of was the Stine family.I believe it likely they lived a liberal lifestyle like the R's did,and knew a lot of things about them that other ppl didn't know;for example,SS answering the intercom at the party on the 23rd,without opening the door to LE.Once again,the R's were hiding behind friends,and this was shortly BEFORE the murder.things that make you go hmmm.....

JMO8778,
Sure and just like Burke, the Stines know where some of the skeletons are buried. That episode has to be one big red-flag, anyone else would have opened the door and apologised to the responding officer, asking him in as a courtesy for turning up.

Did someone assault JonBenet, say in the toilet, and she complained? It would be interesting to read the case documents on this aspect.

JMO8778,
Sure and just like Burke, the Stines know where some of the skeletons are buried. That episode has to be one big red-flag, anyone else would have opened the door and apologised to the responding officer, asking him in as a courtesy for turning up.

Did someone assault JonBenet, say in the toilet, and she complained? It would be interesting to read the case documents on this aspect.

Yep. Speaking to LE over the intercom is similar to being stopped by LE for a traffic violation and only letting your window down an inch, sticking your DL through the opening and looking straight ahead, ignoring the officer as you do it.

With LE who 'mean business' and perform their duty, your butt would be ticketed, fined at the very least and if the officer was having a difficult day anyway he'd probably haul you off to off to jail. Well, that is, with the exception of LE in Boulder...

And another thing, how the hck did BPD know that everything was ok by just hearing a voic say it was over the intercom? They could have been being held at gunpoint by a crazed kidnapper or killer... Oh yeah, that's right DA's office does nothing but plea bargin even with their most serious criminals too...

Interesting comments one and all!

I read a lot of true crime and suspense/murder fiction. I also have a decent range of vocabulary.

Why use a $5 word when a 25 cent on would be just as clear? And he's not aware of what an artist brush looks like? Does he live under a rock?

Saying "she had a noose around her neck, and what appeared to be the handle of an artist brush intwinned with several knots", seems be be a clearer discription.

Oh silly me, when have the Ramsey's been clear?

This fool found her, brought her upstairs so he must have looked at her neck!

Interesting comments one and all!

I read a lot of true crime and suspense/murder fiction. I also have a decent range of vocabulary.

Why use a $5 word when a 25 cent on would be just as clear? And he's not aware of what an artist brush looks like? Does he live under a rock?

Saying "she had a noose around her neck, and what appeared to be the handle of an artist brush intwinned with several knots", seems be be a clearer discription.

Oh silly me, when have the Ramsey's been clear?

This fool found her, brought her upstairs so he must have looked at her neck!

You would THINK! :rolleyes: Well, according to his statement, he says that he didn't see the "twister", and then in the SAME sentence says..I THINK I saw the "twister". :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

He saw it. He SAID he saw it. He also calls it a "twister". So I ask you, if he didn't "focus in on it", as he claims, how could he know it was a "twister"? It could have simply been a piece of cord hanging from her neck, and not a garrote/twister. To call it that, you have to KNOW it was that. And the Rs have said they did not see the autopsy report or photos (can't blame them for that) so how did JR know it was a twister?

He saw it. He SAID he saw it. He also calls it a "twister". So I ask you, if he didn't "focus in on it", as he claims, how could he know it was a "twister"? It could have simply been a piece of cord hanging from her neck, and not a garrote/twister. To call it that, you have to KNOW it was that. And the Rs have said they did not see the autopsy report or photos (can't blame them for that) so how did JR know it was a twister?

Well, in all fairness, Team Ramsey had almost all inside information on what LE had as evidence and I am sure that those....______ ____ _ _ _s
explained and coached the R's indept, covering everything imaginable.

JMO8778,

for sure,and I can't imagine any officer at the least saying, 'please open the door,mai'm',for at least a precursory glimpse inside to determine if everything was ok.
for that matter,I can't imagine any other CITY that would occur in.

yes and it would be interesting to know the *whole conversation between JB and the person who saw her crying and to whom she said 'I don't feel pretty'.surely there is more to that than LE can reveal;I can't imagine anyone not questioning a child who is crying and saying such an odd thing further as to why she said that.

I would make one exception to that,whom I was thinking of was the Stine family.I believe it likely they lived a liberal lifestyle like the R's did,and knew a lot of things about them that other ppl didn't know;for example,SS answering the intercom at the party on the 23rd,without opening the door to LE.Once again,the R's were hiding behind friends,and this was shortly BEFORE the murder.things that make you go hmmm.....[/quote]

It most surely did!
I've always thought it was odd the R's didn't call the Stines over that morning,even though they were the last ones outside the family to see JB alive,and could confirm that,as well as the general time she was last seen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back