a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #8

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by nursebeeme, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

Continue here:

:thewave:

juror list (copy and paste from KBisme

thread #1
    thread #2
    thread #3
    thread #4
    thread #5
    thread #6
    thread #6

2. Loading...

3. nursebeeme

Continue here (and thank you to all of our peeps posting from the inside):

[video=youtube;icWOPQTkVh0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icWOPQTkVh0[/video]

4. nursebeeme

Continue here:

Reminder: this is not a general discussion thread.. This thread is for questions for the court observers and their notes. Thanks everyone.

5. deb2e

deb2e New Member

i was thinking about the jurors and if they were tired..why would they ask alv alot of questions knowing it would take alot of time..but i think they are just like most of us into this trial sometimes bored and hard to listen testamony.but still come back for more ..frustated but if anyone of them wanted off the jury they could just say they heard something and off they would be..they are maybe thinking as long as it takes (hopefuly justice for travis)

6. Snowhite

Snowhite New Member

Sorry,but I'm starting O/T this morning to say that (speaking for myself) that I started posting here to THANK KCL, PASA and the others who report from the inside of the Court Room and most especially to KCL who does so much for TA Family...I don't know how the other newbies feel but I feel comfortable here...not ready to spread my wings and fly to another thread....anyway, that said, I will abide by your forum rules and try to keep my fingers from typing things that aren't questions for the Court Observers.Thanks AGAIN to KCL...and PASA...I had never been in ICU with a loved one until this past Dec.It's very hard to go through...Healing Prayers for your loved one...stay strong...Last O/T post.

7. IHAVENOCLUE

IHAVENOCLUE Well-Known Member

Thank you for the new thread, Nurse! :seeya:

And... Am sending prayers and hugs your way, PASA, as you and your relative goes through this challenging time....

:praying: :hug:

8. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Inactive

Pasa,
    Just came on this morning and reviewed the last thread. So sorry about your family member in the hospital. May God bless you all and heal your family member.

9. Lorelilly

Lorelilly New Member

These jurors are troopers. NO ONE has called in sick in over 3 months.:clap: They are taking their job very seriously. The same cannot be said for Team Jodi.

10. Lulu67

Lulu67 New Member

PASA, I hope your family member is doing okay, as are you.

11. Lulu67

Lulu67 New Member

Am I the only one who noticed that yesterday it seemed that even Wilmott was trying to hurry AVL along? I think the judge had "a moment" with the attys telling them to quit stalling and letting AVL drone on and on (and on and on and on and....) and get a MOVE on. I thought it interesting. I hope she is the DT's last witness.

12. mamapena2

mamapena2 New Member

More jury questions in the basket?? Being submitted as questions being answered by ALV??

13. Tesstruhart

Tesstruhart New Member

Pasa, I am just catching up, please don't give another thought to the delayed posting. Our friends on this board, more than anyone, value family and understand. We appreciate everything and send lots of love and hugs for you and your family. Thank you.
    KCL, this was such a wonderful piece of news that you spent some quality time with the first two rows. I'm sure everyone needed a good time some laughter and release. Whenever you get to your notes, its perfectly fine. I want to add my love and hugs and support to the family. I also send the same to you. I wish I could do more, but I so value all you do. Thank you to you.

14. Tulessa

Tulessa Well-Known Member

Katie, please tell the family for me, that I had a brother and sister in law murdered the same year , 3 months prior to Travis's murder. It was brutal! I end the day crying so much for the family, that my DH has suggested That I quit following, But I can't! If not for the love, phone calls and the support of WS, I would never have made it though. Our trial took 4 years to start and I feel their pain. Until you walk that walk (as you well know), you can't fully comprehend. If they read my brother's thread, they will understand how special, warm and understanding the peeps that are here are. God bless you , your brother, and Ta's family!

15. neenee15

neenee15 New Member

Wow, yesterday was amazing!!!

IMO jurors questions were a reflection of Juan Martinez's cross examination on ALV.
    His cross seemed to empower the jurors to ask her to clarify her answers, in other words he provoked them to get a straight answer from her, as she was being so evasive and bias with him. Loved the juror hypothetical question, mirroring JM.

Just as KCL said in her notes it was more about the questions than the answers!

Well Done Mr. Martinez!!!!

Pasa, so sorry to hear of your family member, my thoughts and prayers are with you, take care of you, and find a quiet place to sneak a peak!

16. Chester_from_THM

Chester_from_THM Member

deedee,

You post on the closed thread about the video, "The wHole Story" is absolutely hilarious!

I highly recommended it for any avid trialwatcher.

My other favorite is the spoof of JA on the stand, Never Before Seen Testimony.

Thank goodness for those who can wring some humor out of this. It helps get through days of unqualified, biased 'expert' testimony.

17. websurfer

websurfer New Member

Looks like WS is getting sluggish?

18. katiecoolady

katiecoolady New Member

Just waking up guys but let me just tell you yesterday was one of those days start to finish I'll never forget.

I'm still in bed and not even gonna go get my notes because they are lengthy and i'm not gonna even try to get in to that before I head to work (after watching an hour of trial w/ everyone on the feed).

My highlights yesterday, during one of the many many breaks waiting, JM walked up to the family area and was just chatty, relaxed, friendly. I asked him if he ever ate those M&M's and he smiled and said "Oh no I'm saving those, I love them". It was such a sweet little moment.

After one of the long in chambers moments I saw Samantha and Hillary walk out with smiles on their face and JA and her side look very serious. I can't and won't say anything what I've learned from the family but I will say it had to do with an admonishment of someone I was personally glad to see get admonished.

There are MANY MORE juror questions coming this morning. In fact i don't expect to get to Juan even questioning them on them til Monday. Probably Willmott but doubtfully Juan. Which is ok by me cuz I"ll be in court Monday!

I got to meet and have a nice visit with WildAboutTrial who remains a bit of an enigma so I will never out this person nor ID them but it was a very cool conversation.

I think the biggest buzz around questions asked yesterday were the ones re: ALV looking over at JA and her answer, which was basically "you can't believe what you are seeing". I'll tell you, it is a VERY big difference looking at the front row vs looking at JA. It is a very obvious difference and those jurors know those perspectives just like the rest of us sitting in there for months now. She tried to BS them and they were NOT happy with that. Their faith in her expertise was also shown in those questions and to me, they were less interested in her answers then just being able to confront her.

Nurmi's shirt tail was hanging out the back of his jacket like a little pink bunny tail.

I had a crazy gut busting laugh with Nicole the VA about her telling me JM had informed her that somewhere in Dallas is a "Juan Martinez burger" on the menu.

We called it the --shoot will have to review my notes to get the exact wording--just glad cameras were not on and we were on break because we were busting a GUT laughing over it. Yes this is a very serious matter but honestly the pressure in there is so intense you can cut it with a knife that humor does peek in on the breaks.

There was a man in the courtroom who looked like Orville Reddenbacher.

NO ONE was in any concerned about even one juror question and you can include my dinner party companions in that. There were lots of hugs, smiles, tears and relief. Yesterday was another of many turning points.

Went to a catered Mexican dinner at a gorgeous home one of my courtwatching friends has in Mesa and it was a time I will never, ever forget as long as I live. I didn't get home til 2:30am and I feel it, believe me.

Came home to a package on my doorstep from one of her WSers and when I get a minute I will take pics and post...it will blow your mind! Something I believe I'm to pass to Juan Martinez (when/as appropriate) but will clarify today and do so on Monday.

8 min to make coffee and get set up to watch the trial for an hour.

Cheers all...today is a very good day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Inactive

Thanks KCL, This is all good news. My highlight of the day was when the question was asked why, when JM was questioning her, did she look at Jodi and shrug her shoulders. I was thrilled the jurors are so attentive. They aren't making those big bucks to lie on the stand. They are taking this seriously. I am so glad. The first questions made me think someone was sympathetic to Jodi but the defense expert blew that by lying on the stand....IMO. No sympathy now.

20. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Where is the Justice for Holly Bobo?

Thank you so very much!!!

21. Augustgurl

Augustgurl Member

I think it's because they're pissed at bashing the true victim here. I also think they were frustrated that ALV would NOT answer Juan's questions and thought " ok, hot shot, you're going to be more inclined to be respectful and answer ours because you know we have your buddy's life in our hands so we'll get the answers for Juan. You wouldn't dare take that tone with us jurors now would you Alyce?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.