a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by nursebeeme, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlottetown

Charlottetown New Member

So beautifully said in words that reflect my own feelings completely. Some kind of synchronicity has happened, and many life lessons learned where I least expected it. Many thanks to all of you here who have brought so much to the discussion. And, last, but not least, thank you Travis. It's been such a privilege.

2. Tesstruhart

Tesstruhart New Member

I was listening to the radio on my way home this evening and there was a talking head that said that there are 22 pages of jury instruction. It is not simply a matter of taking a straw poll, but it must fit the legal definition. I think this jury has put up with so much in the last 4 months, they will carry out their responsibility in due time.
    Waiting with frazzled nerves with everyone else...

3. ElleElle

ElleElle Well-Known Member

No verdict today eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. OldCarGal

OldCarGal New Member

KCL :angel:

Today is the first day of the rest of your life.
    You go girl!!
    :hug:

5. Buttered Fly

Buttered Fly New Member

I put on my blue v-neck t-shirt today in honor of Travis. My daughter just came in and has on the same exact t-shirt. I'm hoping that's a good sign.

6. Caylee Advocate

Caylee Advocate Breast Cancer Awareness

Haunting journal entry that was not brought into evidence. Looking back at it now, I wonder why? Stop at the 11 second mark. Sorry if this has been discussed before.

[video=youtube;6gPP2dMxQGY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gPP2dMxQGY[/video]

7. Brooke

Brooke No man is an island, entire of itself

For some odd reason I can't fully articulate, I am quite peaceful after hearing that the jury is coming back at 10AM tomorrow instead of 9AM.

Prayers for righteous justice will continue throughout the night.

Praying that the family and friends of Travis will be able to rest tonight.

Lord, please hear our prayers!

And Lord, let the Alexander family and friends know we hold them so very close in our hearts, just as we hold Travis. :heartbeat:

8. Suzanna in Arizona

Suzanna in Arizona New Member

I hope I am wrong, but I am a bit disheartened by the jury not reaching their verdict today. Plus, they looked somber when they left the courthouse. Please please please let them get this right.

9. My3Sons

My3Sons Well-Known Member

Do we know for sure they're not coming back until 10? I saw Beth tweeted that, but I can't find anything from the court saying they've changed their schedule. They had initially said 9-4:30 daily.

I would say if they're already eliminating an hour from their day, they're close to a verdict. But again, I want the time confirmed.

Two things:

--The fact that they looked "somber" came from the mouth of Jinx who, IMO, is a bit sensational and not always accurate.

--Even IF they were somber, I don't think that tells us anything. At the end of the day, they are the only twelve people in the world with this woman's life in their hands. That would make anyone somber, frankly. The gravity of their choice is surely weighing on them. They want to take their time and make sure they do the right thing...no biggie.

10. Brooke

Brooke No man is an island, entire of itself

BBM #1 I don't even know where to look to find it from the court. The info about 10AM was what I heard from Beth K. I do trust her, though (over and above any other talking heads. FWIW.)

BBM #2 I've been a juror four times. Every single time, we had our "game face" on at all times as we exited the deliberation room regardless of where we were in the deliberation process (lunch, going home for the evening, etc.). So for me, I don't read anything one way or the other into this piece of info.

I take JeanC's observations and opinions with a salt block. MOO :moo:

11. ProtectOurKids

ProtectOurKids New Member

KCL and KDDJ both tweeted the jurors got on same elevator to leave and were laughing and jovial...danged Jane at HLN had me worried!

12. KBisMe

KBisMe New Member

The schedule says 10:00.

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.g...lList.asp?ID=3604&startdate=5/7/2013&length=1

[​IMG]

13. MichaelJames

MichaelJames Verified Friend of Chris Hughes

10:00 for the jurors tomorrow is correct.

14. crime cases addict

crime cases addict New Member

I might feel a little better about no verdicyt yet after we hear from KCL:silly:

15. Tucarra

Tucarra Member

Wild guess, but if I was juror, or jury foreman, I would not want to make a final verdict without "sleeping on it"...

Thinking they are in consensus, want to sleep on it, and come in refreshed, review it, and deliver verdict...

16. My3Sons

My3Sons Well-Known Member

Kathy Monkman ‏@katiecoolady 10m
    Regular court watchers reporting "jean casarez is nuts" #jodiarias
    Expand

Per KCL...so there you go. :)

17. Frigga

Frigga New Member

Does anyone know how the sentencing phase progresses? I know Beth said if she is found guilty of Murder 1 then they will go to aggravation (Juan Martinez-does he give a statement or is there evidence again presented, are there witnesses, is anyone cross examined etc.). IF aggravation is proven and the death penalty is at question then they have the mitigation phase right? Do witnesses give statements or again is there evidence presented, witnesses cross examined etc.? Can anyone help? Thanks!

18. Frigga

Frigga New Member

Love it! She is a little "loco in the cabesa", IMO!

19. Dewey2Me1MoThyme

Dewey2Me1MoThyme Have clue will sleuth!

Well it's hard to top JVM's breaking news today, when she ran up to the court guard screaming into the mic that something was happening and she was going to get the scoop for us. :floorlaugh: The scoop: You folks need to stop blocking the fire lane. :rockon: WOW! Talk about a major development in the verdict watch :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

20. crime cases addict

crime cases addict New Member

A little OT but is there a link to travis's blog site? I read it somewhere on here but can't remeber where :stormingmad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.