a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on another site and someone was saying there was a last minute closed hearing yesterday. Did anyone else hear this?
Prayers and hugs Katie. I hope you feel much better soon.

Yes, HLN reported on it yesterday. They were saying the records would probably remain closed for awhile as to what the hearing was for. They said that Jodi was allowed to be there, but they weren't sure if she was. The DT and Prosecutor were seen going in and out yesterday.

Walmart will probably show a gas can purchase, but say no record of return. Did jodi buy the can with a credit card? She claims she recieved cash back.

Well, I (as I am sure many others on this site) have returned things to Wal-Mart. The process has always been relatively the same as far as I can recall. They take the original receipt (if it is present) highlight the item or circle the item, cashier initials, then money is given back. They also have some quick form you have to fill out and initial. If paid with card it is usually credited back to card. If receipt is not present then iirc they put it on a Wal-Mart gift card. It just struck me as odd as the Wal-Mart receipt had shown no markings of an item being returned as one would see, and I have wondered for a while if that was the original receipt. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

In my opinion the only thing the defense is using to prove mental abuse is that damn text on the 26th of May. It so annoys me that it is taken on face value with no reference point as to WHY it was written. It did not just come out of the blue. It was in response to something that would blow a big hole in the Defense case.

I hope JM can find out what prompted that text, but if not "Speculate". Anyone of the reasons given on WS could be used--or all of them. The jury needs to be reminded this text was not created in a vacuum:moo:!

I've been reading through recent posts and am very impressed with all that is said. I can watch some of the trial when I get home from work each day and have become addicted. I was very impressed with Dr. Demarte's answers to questions. Loved how she corrected and made JW re-phrase and have to stop and re-gain focus.
Was it really that way katiecoolady or did I just want it to be? Love your dedication and hope that the weekend will get you refreshed.

I've been reading through recent posts and am very impressed with all that is said. I can watch some of the trial when I get home from work each day and have become addicted. I was very impressed with Dr. Demarte's answers to questions. Loved how she corrected and made JW re-phrase and have to stop and re-gain focus.
Was it really that way katiecoolady or did I just want it to be? Love your dedication and hope that the weekend will get you refreshed.

I am new on this thread as well, Jeans, so welcome! I am impressed with the posters here and so appreciative to KCL and Pasa and others for their reports from the courtroom!

THANK YOU Caylee Advocate! I heard it rumored it was a status conference...appreciate that!

status conference n. a pre-trial meeting of attorneys before a judge required under Federal Rules of Procedure and in many states to inform the court as to how the case is proceeding, what discovery has been conducted (depositions, interrogatories, production of documents), any settlement negotiations, probable length of trial, and other matters relevant to moving the case toward trial. Court rules usually require the filing of a status conference statement prior to the conference.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/status+conference

So this is just standard, and does not indicate a problem for the prosecution?

I bet the judge had some interesting comments as to how this trial is going. I would think she might have a thing or two to suggest the defense not repeat the same questions over and over and over again. It was different with Juan because no one would answer the questions. When JW asks, they are answered. The frustration of those that are watching this trial is palpable just on the blogs, I can't imagine what it must be like in the court room.

Well, I (as I am sure many others on this site) have returned things to Wal-Mart. The process has always been relatively the same as far as I can recall. They take the original receipt (if it is present) highlight the item or circle the item, cashier initials, then money is given back. They also have some quick form you have to fill out and initial. If paid with card it is usually credited back to card. If receipt is not present then iirc they put it on a Wal-Mart gift card. It just struck me as odd as the Wal-Mart receipt had shown no markings of an item being returned as one would see, and I have wondered for a while if that was the original receipt. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

When an item is returned, its scanned. It automatically is in the system. This would apply even if you dont have a receipt. Its inthe system and becomes part of the inventory.

now that chris hughes subpeona has been lifted he is tweeting and answering questions right now, especially about the email

♥ Sxxxxxxxe ♥ ‏@SueCotie 12h

@cshughes are the e-mails that defense brought out real? Did you write them? If so they didn't help Travis at all! #Justice4Travis

@Erxxxxxxxy99 @Sxxxxxxe Yes totally out of context. If the truth and the context were known, it would destroy defense

Walmart will probably show a gas can purchase, but say no record of return. Did Jodi buy the can with a credit card? She claims she received cash back.

Of course, the prosecutor already has the receipt showing the purchase of the 5 gallon gas can for $12.96 along with four other items.

She paid with cash ($45.00) and received $1.10 in change.

I returned an item to Walmart earlier today and they circled the dollar amount on the receipt for the refunded item. They gave me back the receipt. But not before scanning the receipt to add it to their records.

I suspect that same (or similar) procedure (i.e., circling the amount) is practiced at all Walmarts.

But in case it is not or the DT claims the clerk may have made a mistake, the prosecution is calling a prosecution witness from Walmart to assure the jury that it is highly unlikely that the clerk would have failed to circle the amount AND also failed to scan the receipt that investigators found in her residence.

Jennifer wilmott is finished with demarte yet? I missed a lot of yesterday! As I have been in a lot of pain, just found out. I need neck surgery! Gallstones removed and diagnosed with diabetis
I'm on. Heavy duty meds and Complete bed rest which means ill get caught up here......>

Oh my goodness! I will be praying for you to get healthy and to keep your spirits up. Good luck to you Katiedid2.

I don't shop at Walmart so I've never had to return anything. (I say I don't shop there because I just don't have an outrageous costume to wear) But, I think proving Jodi did buy and keep a gas can is very important in this case.

Extended thinking would bring to mind - why would she lie about this? Why would she cover up such a simple task? She is certainly hiding something if it is important to her not to be tied to an additonal gas can. This peice of information, which proves she lied (again) goes a long way toward her preplanning this trip to Mesa.
jmo

Jennifer wilmott is finished with demarte yet? I missed a lot of yesterday! As I have been in a lot of pain, just found out. I need neck surgery! Gallstones removed and diagnosed with diabetis
I'm on. Heavy duty meds and Complete bed rest which means ill get caught up here.
Lol all in one days visit. Don't feel sorry for myself! Maybe I can be hired for one of those commercials for an insurance company. Been heavily medicated looped. I can see clearly now so here I am. Trying to see what. I missed.:seeya:

katiedid, rest well, get well and take it easy.

Pretty sure they were new juror question forms as I saw them placing them in their binders.

i watch wildabouttrial's livestream, and read the tweets im curious where he sits, is he in the gallery? i imagine him near the jurors sitting there dictating like a court reporter for some reason,,, also what does he/she look like?, and wonder if he wears salmon alot, ( he always mentions what everyone is wearing and likes to see salmon )

I returned an item to Walmart earlier today and they circled the dollar amount on the receipt for the refunded item. They gave me back the receipt. But not before scanning the receipt to add it to their records.

I suspect that same (or similar) procedure (i.e., circling the amount) is practiced at all Walmarts.

I don't shop at Walmart but I imagine it's pretty similar to returning something at Target as well. Your item is scanned and you receive a return receipt staple to your original receipt. You also do not get cash for an item paid for by debit, credit, or check. At Target they only give you cash if you pay for the item with cash unless you want them to put it on a gift card. At least that has always been my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member