A Walk in Weleetka

I have to post the photo so people will believe us!

picture.php

You know...I think this was one of the smaller ones. No joke!!

picture.php

Group Prayer With the Plackers, Wanda and Tammy.

I love this picture. I did not notice Peter and Vicky until this pic. was blown up to a larger size. She has her head buried in his neck. The arm around him is from his daughter, Linda Kay. So sweet yet so tragic.

That pic of the chicken fried steak is so funny. That's right, you can't even see the corn.

picture.php
[/IMG]

We grouped our remembrances left at the memorial. Pardon the stakes - didn't want the wind to blow the bears away.

I thought the magazines were a nice touch since they couldn't go to the HSM3 movie opening a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't believe how many beautiful things people have left the past few months. I took my time looking at all the little treasures. I loved the soda pop and chocolate bars left for each girl. I wanted to cry when I saw them.

I thought the magazines were a nice touch since they couldn't go to the HSM3 movie opening a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't believe how many beautiful things people have left the past few months. I took my time looking at all the little treasures. I loved the soda pop and chocolate bars left for each girl. I wanted to cry when I saw them.

And the packets of skittles?

And the packets of skittles?

Them too! Wow, I was so impressed at how many little things, how many of the girls' favourite things were left for them. I know they must be smiling up there and enjoying all the treats God has given them.

I wanted to share a little about the trip from my prospective but it's so emotional that it's difficult to put into words.

From the beginning;
I met up with the group at the motel Friday night. We sat and visited and got to know each other and talked about the girls and the case. Had some snacks and drinks and some even took a dip in the indoor jacuzzi.

Next morning was the planned trip to the memorial site. We drove in a small caravan and I can't stress enough how remote the site is. IMO there is no way that this could be random. IF someone was able to find their way to the site, they would most likely get lost on their way out. If someone wanted to commit a random murder or even abduction, this is that last place you would try something like that. It is not near the highway for a quick getaway. The road to the site is waaay off the beaten path and is covered in large gravel rock. You can seriously only go about 20 mph.

So that being said, we stopped at the bridge first. Bad creek had water in it and was very peaceful. I observed that the kids that hang out there most likely do not go hang out UNDER the bridge because it is completely grown up and I did not see any sign of a trail so my guess is the girls would walk to the bridge and sit or stand there and visit.

From the bridge you can actually see all the way down past the Plackers house to where the POI truck would have been parked. There is barely room for two vehicles to be on the road side by side, so for the POI to be sitting right in the middle of the road is strange. It would definitely draw attention to himself by anyone driving past. This is still curious to me. Perhaps he was "stalking" the girls. From his truck he would have been able to see the girls at the bridge possibly.

We walked from the bridge to the memorial site. It's hard to explain but it was very peaceful there. Before we made it to the memorial site, we passed a tree that had a tangle of yellow crime scene tape still attached. We saw this on several other trees around the site.
At the memorial site, Peter Placker has built a stone border to keep all the mememtos from washing away. There are lots of stuffed animals and silk flowers and at the girls large wooden crosses someone had left candy and bottled drinks. I wish I had gotten a photo of it. I remember a twix bar.

I will write more later. I don't want to "hog" the thread

Gigi...great start! I think everyone is anxious to hear our individual thoughts from start to finish so, for me, post away girlfriend.:blowkiss:

I don't know if our visit generated this additional media coverage - hope it helped!

Last night OK City had a news report on the girls and said Nancy Grace's crew was back in the area also. Skyla's Dad is interviewed at the Memorial and points out some of the gifts our members left.

http://www.koco.com/video/17966237/index.html

Thanks for the link boots!
That's awesome that he mentioned the magazines that ClayCat put out and the turtles that Keyboardplayer so lovingly decorated.
ps I found two pennies today

Thanks for the link boots!
That's awesome that he mentioned the magazines that ClayCat put out and the turtles that Keyboardplayer so lovingly decorated.
ps I found two pennies today

GiGi please save those two pennies, I think they should be placed at the memorial the next time we visit.

Oh my, thanks so much for posting that video GiGi...I'm actually speechless, two thumbs up...hugs...to all of you for taking the time, and being out the expense of coming to Oklahoma. Your trip has captured the medias attention which was needed so badly, I was worried this case was going to fade with time ...but not now!!
Keyboards little turtles were so cute..everything brought was sweet! All, of you are such kind, loving individuals.
Sincerely, thanks to all of you.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho