a way to save the planet

Discussion in 'News that makes you smile!' started by sherri79, Apr 23, 2007.

1. sherri79

sherri79 Former Member

2. Loading...

3. Pandora

Pandora New Member

Obviously, the lady has to have a bidet. Otherwise, no one would want to be near her one piece wipe a$$!
    However, I believe she is utilizing too much of that precious commodity--WATER!!!

4. narlacat

narlacat Former Member

She's got a point I guess- I use way too much toilet paper probably-

Reminds me of an episode of Seinfeld when that girl couldn't spare just one piece to Elaine- 'just one'- lol (anyone see that one?)

5. sherri79

sherri79 Former Member

maybe if ur famous u get special paper that has bigger sections.

6. Taximom

Taximom Former Member

I guess it could be worse:

http://www.madehow.com/Volume-6/Toilet-Paper.html
    Before paper was widely available, a variety of materials were employed. The Romans used an L-shaped stick (like a hockey stick) made of wood or precious metal; at public toilets people used sponges on sticks that were kept in saltwater between uses. In arid climates, sand, powdered brick, or earth was used. Until the late nineteenth century, Muslims were advised to use three stones to clean up. One favorite tool was a mussel shell, used for centuries. Until the early twentieth century, corn cobs were used.
    In the late fifteenth century, when paper became widely available, it began to replace other traditional materials. Sometimes old correspondence was pressed into service, as were pages from old books, magazines, newspapers, and catalogs. People also used old paper bags, envelopes, and other bits of scrap paper, which were cut into pieces and threaded onto a string that was kept in the privy.

:rolleyes: :D

7. MagicRose99

MagicRose99 Watch out for my thorns!

This reminds me of our paper towel dispenser in the ladies room at work...

You wave your hand in front of the sensor and it spit's out this tiny little strip of paper. If you want a decent amount to dry your hands, you have to stand there waving like a fool at it! We've begun to puuuuuuuull the paper out as it spits out, and now it's "squeaking" like a mouse each time you use it.... Can you tell we dispise this sucker?!?! :banghead:

8. Trino

Trino New Member

I'm sorry if this comment offends, but I wonder if the reason she and Armstrong split was intelligence related. Does she propose Toilet Paper Police? So, it's better to use reams of computer paper than TP? Or, should we reuse computer paper? How about bills? I could recycle a few of those.

9. hipmamajen

hipmamajen I love the friends I have gathered together on thi

I agree that many people use too much, but I don't think one square is adequate.

Also, this "dining sleeve" idea is just dumb. Do you suppose she's not aware of cloth napkins?

10. hipmamajen

hipmamajen I love the friends I have gathered together on thi

Or hygiene-related? I'm sorry, I just can't imagine being intimate with someone who only used one square on their last trip to the bathroom. Where's the "ewwwww" face?

11. Hez

Hez New Member

Remind me never to shake Sheryl Crow's hand if I ever meet her in person.

12. Jules

Jules Former Member

Hubby had the news on this morning and apparently Sheryl was at some awards thing either last night or the night before and no one wanted to shake her hand after she went to the restroom. Too funny!

13. Jules

Jules Former Member

Reminds me of an old joke my dad used to tell.

He said you could do a very thorough wiping job with just one square. First, you fold the square in half and then half again (making a smaller square). Then, were all the corners meet in the middle, you tear that corner off, saving the small piece for later. Then, open the square up and you should have a hole in the middle of the toilet paper. Place your index finger in the hole and wipe. Afterwards, pull your finger back through the hole in the paper and wipe your finger with the paper. The little piece you tore off before is to clean under your finger nail. :eek: :D

He used to tell that to my little cousins... I GUARANTEE you many tried this!!! bahahahahahahaha!!!!!

14. MissieMt

MissieMt New Member

Wow, some stars will say just about anything to keep their names in the papers. This is down right disgusting. My son uses too much t.p.-shoot I probably do too sometimes, but sometimes you just gotta put yourself and your health first. I'm sure we could dig up some illnesses that could be caused by inadequate wiping, especially for females.

15. mrsjonnob

mrsjonnob New Member

Come on, really? You can't tell me that toilet paper isn't broken down mighty quickly considering the water and other nasties it hangs out with once flushed.

I try to conserve and be enviro-friendly where I can, but I am gonna wipe with a couple of squares! Give a sister a break, Sheryl!

16. Masterj

Masterj New Member

This was supposedly a joke that Fox News took out of context and made a huge fuss about. Surprise, surprise!

17. southcitymom

southcitymom New Member

Was it really a joke? Because when my sister told me that she seriously said this, I truly thought it was the stupidest thing I had ever heard.

18. sherri79

sherri79 Former Member

a friend of mine said they read the blog and didnt sound at all like she was kidding. just really really stupid.

19. sherri79

sherri79 Former Member

ok found the blog for ya.http://www.sherylcrow.com/news.aspx?nid=7786

the quote in case u dont wanna link it. dont sound like she is joking to me.

20. Masterj

Masterj New Member

I totally disagree. I think the entire post sounds very tongue in cheek.

21. angelmom

angelmom The love stays...forever in our hearts

I don't normally love Rosie, but I thought her reaction to this was the best.

"Have you seen my ass?"

ROFLOL!!!