A year since Haleigh vanished (psych profiles of those who surrounded Haleigh)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A town changed One year after Haleigh Cummings vanished

By Cindy Swirko Staff writer

February 7, 2010 ( page 1 of 6 )
SATSUMA - Judy Poppen was sleeping soundly in the early morning of Feb. 10 last year when she was awakened by a commotion around 3 a.m.

"The first thing that woke us up was Misty walking and crying and talking to somebody on the phone," Poppen said of her neighbor, Misty . "The next thing you know, the police are here, and ... they are in our house, searching. It was like bang, bang, bang."

"Snip"
http://www.gainesville.com/article/2...A-town-changed

A lot of barely 18 y.o. girls are self-centered and have no compassion about anyone other than themselves. I have a granddaughter that age, and she has put her parents through hell the past year. 'Nuff said.
Add to that the fact that Misty's parents did not really seem to stand their ground with her and demand that she go to school and get an education, and seemed to allow her to go where she wanted, and do what she wanted, I would say that Misty didn't have a chance to turn out any better.
I think back to when I was 18, and wonder how my parents put up with me. Had to be love, and perseverance. Only difference was, my folks came down so hard on me when I made mistakes that it taught me a lot about taking responsibility. If I had skipped school once in the 6th grade and got caught they would have whipped my butt. I got grounded for a month when in high school for drinking.
I really don't understand how Ronald or his family could have expected Misty to be the responsible babysitter/girlfriend, did they not know her history? And it just makes me like them less now that they're turning on her and blaming her for everything. Good grief, didn't they see it coming?

A town changed One year after Haleigh Cummings vanished

By Cindy Swirko Staff writer

February 7, 2010 ( page 1 of 6 )
SATSUMA - Judy Poppen was sleeping soundly in the early morning of Feb. 10 last year when she was awakened by a commotion around 3 a.m.

"The first thing that woke us up was Misty walking and crying and talking to somebody on the phone," Poppen said of her neighbor, Misty . "The next thing you know, the police are here, and ... they are in our house, searching. It was like bang, bang, bang."

"Snip"
http://www.gainesville.com/article/2...A-town-changed

Who was she talking to? At 3 am it's not the 911 call, is it?

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100207/ARTICLES/2071007/1118?p=1&tc=pg

Ronald and Lindsy have something in common: the "We're not that bad, we just look crazy" defense.

Well I know people that got the wrong perspective of me. There ain't nothing that can change it. People are going to think what they want to regardless," Cummings said in a recent interview from jail with a newspaper reporter. "I get tired of being judged by people who just look at me."

Yet one family member who has not been embroiled in trouble has a different take on the Croslins. Lindsy Croslin, Tommy Croslin's wife, said she fell in love with the whole family because of what she described as their close-knit nature.

"I just want to get it out there that we are not as crazy as they make us look," she said. "They are a close-knit family. They love each other, and it's a wonderful thing. Misty is a good girl, she just got caught up in this."

How does this prove he was at werk?

The night Haleigh vanished, Cummings was working a late shift at PDM Bridge in Palatka. Video camera footage from PDM Bridge confirms he was at work that night. Cummings is no longer employed there.

He could have been coming back from getting rid of the body.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100207/ARTICLES/2071006/1118?p=5&tc=pg

All we "know" is that he was at pdm that night...........we don't know what hours. Look what has happened in the last few weeks. Do you really think LE is sure he could not be involved because of his "work hours"...........lol. I have some swamp land................

You know this is something I have always thought watching his interviews.:waitasec:

"He was a very, very intelligent person. He has a very high IQ," Neves said of her son.

There must be another released jailhouse interview that has not been published yet for these two papers to have the same stuff or else Dana Treen is not getting the exclusives Ron promised.

I hear the etch a sketch calling Doc.............

"On Feb. 9, the night after Croslin returned to Cummings' mobile home from the weekend of partying, Sykes dropped by. She said she was upset that Croslin had gone off and left her grandson without anyone to watch over the two kids."

So basically she was mad because, God forbid, her. Teresa or Ron had to watch the kids themselves instead of pawning them off on Misty.

And as far as Kirby being Ron's role model..........well, hmmmmph. Kirby must have not been all that either!

teh,

This comment bugs me. It bugs me because so many of us said from the first that Ronald had women in his life simply to take care of everything for him while he goes off and does what he wants. He hooks up with these young girls and nearly indentures them into caring for his children so he doesn't have to, and we were constantly told we have no proof. Here is the proof, right out of his own grandmother's mouth: Misty dared to leave HER grandson without someone to take care of HIS children over a weekend.

So, thanks GGM....for confirming to those of us who knew it from the start that your grandson wasn't a 'great father' afterall, that his children were little more than possessions to keep from their mother while being forced into the care of your latest underage girlfriend. There were at least two of those, that we know of.

What was Ron doing that weekend? Didn't he have the weekends off from PDM? IIRC he worked Monday to Thursday. It appears to me that he could easily and happily have watched his precious children himself, allowing them all some much-needed time together when everybody's fully awake. Why did he need a sitter for the weekend anyway? Did he have plans that the kids interfered with or couldn't he just be bothered with them?

Anyway, regardless of Misty's shortcomings as a sitter because of her weekend activities, it seems to me to be completely unreasonable to expect that anybody should commit themselves to babysitting 24/7 without pay and without having the right to some time off occasionally. It's a bit much to expect exclusive parental devotion from a 17 year old who has been in the household for a few months. Stepmother may be a 24/7 job but babysitter isn't.

It also shows me that Ronald would prefer to be so in control of keeping his children away from their mother except for the court ordered times that he refused to call upon her to help him out. There has never been any indication for me to believe that, had he called Crystal that weekend to please could she have the kids again because he's having a hard time right then, that Crystal would have refused.

Control control control.

I think this also demonstrates, by the disparity between views of Misty - that TN would be willing to make up stuff to cover Ron - without even blinking and despite Haleigh being missing. JMO but TN will lie to cover up, just like she never once mentioned that Misty did not want to watch the children that evening or that she - TN- offered money to Misty to get her to do it.
respectfully snipped
a huge omission, imo, rc. ita with your entire post.

More from Gainesville article

Does anybody else think there's a slight discrepancy between the account these two articles gives of the Croslins? Does a close family let their children just drop out of school in sixth grade because there's nothing they think they can do about it? Does a girl who is all about her family run away from home at 15?

I do believe that they watch each other's backs but...

Donj, a dysfunctional family will. It's almost as though they all need to keep each other where they are and god forbid one should become more educated and see that all is not as it should be. The co-dependence is more important than the independence, which explains why no one fussed Misty's fanny down to the bus stop and made sure she went to school. If they're all where they are in their most dysfunctional, all is right with the world.

We have known all along that GGS and her husband raised RC and his sister. It has also been at times stated somewhere that there was a bit of a rocky relatationship between TN and her Mother, GGS. I would think it would be because Ron considered GGS his Mom. I am sure GGS did not keep quiet and gave her daughter many pieces of her mind while TN was too busy for over 10 years to parent her children. I believe Ron and Crystal probably felt the same feelings of abandonment in common and then became the parents of Ron jr and Haleigh.
I do think GGS has had a very hard life. Does anyone know her age? I don't know if she knows what happened to Haleigh. What I do know is that she steps up to the plate and takes charge when there is no one responsible in sight. She took care of her husband with Alzheimer's which is one of the most devistating diseases out there for the family to see the rapid mental decline. The 24 hr care of one of these patients for several years is rare by a family because it is constant and more than one or several family members in shifts can take. One caregiver would quickly have their own mental decline due to no sleep and the body in 24 hr alert mode. She is one tough lady, and for that I commend her.

On Feb. 9, the night after Croslin returned to Cummings' mobile home from the weekend of partying, Sykes dropped by. She said she was upset that Croslin had gone off and left her grandson without anyone to watch over the two kids.

"I was mad because Ronald let her come back," she said. "But it's his house. There wasn't nothing I could do about it other than be mad."

By the next morning, Haleigh was gone.

Grandma needs to go back and listen to what she told reporters when she was standing in front of that tent a year ago..
Looks to me like Grandma is revving up that bus for Misty, and NOW attempting to cover her and TN's rear ends...

Too late Grandma...JMO
Ididn't get the impression that she was setting the stage to blame Misty. I got the impression that she was trying to explain Ron's situation & what led HIM to be involved. There seemed to be some anger directed @ Teresa, (by basically saying that he didn't change until SHE got a hold of him}, & a lot of regrets. I think GGS blames Misty for creating the atmosphere but to me, she seems to accept that Ron was involved.

:laugh:
You know this is something I have always thought watching his interviews.:waitasec:

"He was a very, very intelligent person. He has a very high IQ," Neves said of her son.

pffffffffftttttttttt.
Classic Neves. Just pushes it into beyond ridiculous. She's just trying way too hard.

at least the Croslins are honest about their illiteracy and various disabilities. IMO

TN speaks out. :waitasec: Said Ron is very intelligent person and everybody makes mistakes in life. Ronald straightened out his life. His main focus has mainly been his children." I find that really hard to believe TN.:furious:
I really really think that Ron's main & almost only focus was Misty. Why don't they admit this? GGS alluded to it when she admitted to being mad about Ron taking her back. I think Misty's party weekend & Ron's subsequent anger & jealousy played a much bigger role than anybody wants to own up to.

If Misty can't read, how does she use the computer & myspace? I doubt she reads above a 3rd or 4th grade level, but I think she can read some. I can't help but wonder how miserable a kid's life must be, to hate school @ that age. If for no other reason, a 12 year old, wants to be around other kids & make friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member