ABC Cancels 'All My Children' and 'One Life to Live'

It's so sad they have taken most of the soaps off of Daytime TV. I watched soaps since I was in Jr. High. I don't watch All my Children but they already took off my favorites a year ago.

:banghead:

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I've watched GH the longest, since black and white man when gramma babysat me. But AMC started when I was a tweener! It was MY soap, I watched the first episode and never stopped; until recently of course when work and LIFE takes over.

But I remember the hot lazy summers of watching AMC and then calling my girlfriends on the phone and we'd pile in the car, ride to the lake in our cut offs and halter tops and talke about Kurt and Nina, how cute Tad was and Erica and Tom, man that Tom was a good guy. Erica should have kept Tom. I remember Ruth and Joe Martin's homey home with Kate and Mrytle and that mean old Aunt Phoebe. And then the Jenny and Greg saga TRAGIC. How we loved them. And then came Opal and Palmer and that crazy dude, oh his name escapes me, but those were good times.

It's so SAD that reality TV and WWE is taking over stuff like this. I hope they will replay them. Gosh it would be fun to feather my hair and sit through some old AMCs. Good times.

It wouldn't be so bad if they would replace it with something good. Not a talk show or game show, they need a new concept. I always liked the fact in a soap opera you can die and then come back, or your baby goes straight to teenager. It will be interesting to see what they put in their place.

This totally SUX!!! I've been watching these shows & GH since I was 14. I don't think those talk shows they are going to replace them with will do any better. There are too many of them these days. IMO

I just hope Bell keeps Y&R and BB, I do miss the other soaps CBS had. You could miss a week or two of a soap and catch up very quickly. Daytime TV leaves a lot to be desired - but then again, nightime does too.

End of an era! Haven't watched since college but Dixie & Tad's love will live in my heart forever . .

Here's a preview of the two new shows; judge for yourself, but I say NAHHHH!

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsideth...w-talk-shows-the-chew-and-the-revolution.html

canceling two of their soap operas, "All My Children" and "One Life to Live," ABC announced the two new talk shows replacing them: "The Chew" and "The Revolution."

"The Chew" will premiere in September 2011 and will focus on "food from EVERY angle." The one-hour series from producer Gordon Elliot, will combine entertaining takeaway and memorable personalities. Hosts include restaurateur Mario Batali, entertaining expert Clinton Kelly, "Top Chef's" Carla Hall, restaurateur Michael Symon and nutrition expert Daphne Oz.

"The Revolution," from the producers of "The Biggest Loser" and "Masterchef," will premiere in January 2012 and is a daily show about health and lifestyle transformations. The show is hosted by a team of experts who, along with rotating guest contributors, will help viewers transform all areas of their lives. The experts include fashion expert and "Project Runway" guru Tim Gunn, celebrity trainer Harley Pasternak and "American Idol" alum Kimberley Locke. Each week, one woman's five-month weight loss journey will unfold in just five days.

this is sad. it reminds me that i am getting old. well, that and the grandbaby that will be here to spend the night in a little while ;) when i was young these soaps were so exciting. i thought the characters lived in the lap of excitement and drama. after 30years of real adult life where we lose people we love and they never come back, where nothing and nobody shows up at the last minute to save the day.....well, now the only drama i can stand is websleuths. i guess these shows have had a good run, but i think someone upthread hit the nail on the head. why watch scripted drama when reality is only a channel click away? i quit watching tv a few years ago when "they" decided that the only people who get to watch tv are the ones who pay an arm and a leg for cable. its okay by me though, i get my news online and i keep one of my andy griffith dvds handy in case i get the urge to turn on the set ;)

This topic is making me want to watch soaps lol so I'm watching the Bold and the Beautiful and Days of our Lives today. Hopefully, I won't be too confused :p

So sorry to all the All My Children and One Life to Live viewers here!
:(

I remember how I felt when The Guiding Light was cancelled. And then As The World Turns.

I have been watching those since I was a teen. LONG time ago.
When they were cancelled, I also stopped watching Young and the Restless because I figured it was only a matter of time before it was gone too. Got all my grieving over in one swoop.

This is really sad news. I grew up watching AMC, OLTL, Guilding Light, and General Hospital. They were addicting back then. I guess the days of soap opera's have come and gone!

So sorry to all the All My Children and One Life to Live viewers here!
:(

I remember how I felt when The Guiding Light was cancelled. And then As The World Turns.

I have been watching those since I was a teen. LONG time ago.
When they were cancelled, I also stopped watching Young and the Restless because I figured it was only a matter of time before it was gone too. Got all my grieving over in one swoop.

I remember I was devastated when Guiding Light was canceled. I cried like a baby during the last episode. LOL I'm such a dork.:crazy:

Me too!

I still often wonder what the Spaldings, Lewis's, Coopers are doing. :(

I grew up with them and miss them sooooo much.

I grew up watching them also!!
I sometimes go on to the old website.:blushing: I did love the final scene when Reva and Josh drove off in the old truck. So touching.:)

I am terribly upset to see ABC drop these shows. I feel like they have no loyalty and are replacing these work horses with shows that probably won't last a season or two.

Having them go dark is like losing a member of the family. Of course, I say we leave the light on, so when their new shows fail, they bring these shows back.

photo7.jpg

Indulging myself with a sweet walk down memory lane :)

photo5.jpg

Wow. I feel like I was just told 40 close friends have a terminal illness with less than + - 6 months to live
Funny GH HELD on remember the Casadines? Luke and Laura, Bobby, Robert Scorpio?
Finola Hughes, EVEN DEMI MOORE? I Was. 13 during that summer. The Casadines were so powerful they controlled the weather???
Frisco and Felicia? The Brownstone? Robin,Lucky Maxie... and Monica? guess they are next. Maybe the soap channel will play old episodes. I saw "Brooke" from AMC on. some Oollldd soap from the 70's she looked 21. A lil part of me will die with my TV friends.2012 will be a lonely place. yay NOT

I am terribly upset to see ABC drop these shows. I feel like they have no loyalty and are replacing these work horses with shows that probably won't last a season or two.

Having them go dark is like losing a member of the family. Of course, I say we leave the light on, so when their new shows fail, they bring these shows back.

When CBS cancelled Guiding Light, they filled that hour with a second hour if The Price Is Right! :waitasec:
So we had 2 hours of TPIR a day!! Joy! :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back