AB's T Shirt

Discussion in 'Zahra Clare Baker' started by simlyme, Nov 11, 2010.

1. tlcya

tlcya Old and Tired Websleuth

OOOOOOH, scary mama. NOT! lol, I have a tramp stamp (pretty sure I am up on the current venacular of the day) of two dolphins, swimming into one anothers tails, ah la, a yin/yang symbol. I also should prepare you, I wore a belly ring til 2004 when I became so gravid with child number 3 that I took it out two weeks before DS's arrival, but til then, I was thong wearing, free spirited, earth mama, dance nekid in the moonlight kinda old chick.

I am not a freak. I am the majority. I am not cookie cuter, but am 100% in my pursuit of justice for all our missing, our lost, our murdered, our abused, our forgotten.

I am that woman, that soul who among many others, remembers the face of my father.

I do know right from wrong. As do many left in out society. All you out there hurting or in pain. I am here. This IS wrong. It shall be righted!

Have faith, give right the chance to find it's (forge it's) own way.

2. tlcya

lol, sorry, I went fom all love and light all power and vengeance in a breath. Probably time for me to log off and rest. Rest won't come. I know.

3. tlcya

Mazzy Star. Dust.

4. JoeFromLB

JoeFromLB Well-Known Member

JMO, but he looks like a goon in that shirt, and totally out of place, considering the situation.

5. Kreeblim

Kreeblim New Member

Somebody should notify the FBI!!!! Look at this FILTH being marketed to children on this respectable baby store website! I'll bet if they got the customer list and visited each house with Child Services they'd find a bunch of sad, scared, abused and neglected children! MY GOD THE HUMANITY! :eek:

http://www.babydreams.com/systemofadownconcreteyouthtshirtblack.html

(Just in case the link doesn't work it's a baby sized system of a down shirt available on a random normal looking baby website, not "Child Abusers R' Us" or something. Seriously, this is silly. There are plenty of normal looking, church going types who abuse and do horrid things to kids, and I have yet to see a thread about how exposure to button down shirts is a sign of child abuse.) :innocent:

6. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

You just never know how you or anybody else is going to react to a situation like this. I knew a woman whose son was murdered years ago. She had been a regular hippie chick, but every morning after that she got up and dressed to the nines -- full underwear, which in those days included a girdle, a nice dress or slacks outfit, full makeup, careful hair, new shoes. She called it "putting herself together" and if she didn't do that, she didn't even get up. I know people said a lot of nasty things about her and why she changed her dress style (to seduce the cops, most of them said), but it was just her way of holding herself together.

AB probably lives in t-shirts. I imagine he got up, grabbed the first clean shirt on the pile, and never gave it another thought, insensitive or otherwise.

7. simlyme

simlyme member since 04/2009

Im going to make a final point here and show some lyrics from some random songs, and then ask if you think this is music that 10 yo children should be exposed to, plus, everything else Zahra was exposed to, not normal,and definately morally wrong to me. POOR Zahra,never had a chance.
    My opinion is, there comes a time in life when we need to set examples.Especially if we have children in our lives.

some words to 4 different songs.

My cock is much bigger than yours
    My cock can walk right through the door
    With a feeling so pure
    It's got you screaming back for

Cool, in denial
    We're the cruel regulators smoking cigaro, cigaro, cigar
    Cool, in denial

My **** stinks much better than yours
    My **** stinks right down to the floor
    With a feeling a feeling so pure
    It's got you coming back for

Cool, in denial
    Cool, in denial

Cool, in denial
    Cool, in denial

Can't you see that I love my cock

Cant you see that you love my cock

Cant you see that we love my cock

Poisoning a drink
    Bleeding in a sink
    Choking with a link
    Killing with a stink
    Just your mother's
    HO

Bleeding in a sink
    Poisoning a drink
    Burning up
    My sweet Clementine

Trampling a shrink
    Bleeding in a sink
    Halleluiah wink
    Getting on the brink
    Just your mother's
    HO

Halleluiah wink
    Murdering a shrink
    Burning up

For today we will take the body parts and put them on the wall
    For treated indigenously, digenously
    Human right is private blue chip, pry

We're the prophetic generation of bottled water, bottled water
    Causing poor populations to die, to die, to die (For treated
    indigenously, digenously) (Human right is private blue chip, pry)

You, you went beyond and you lost it all Why did you go there From
    beyond you saw it all why did you

Can you feel their haunting presence?
    Can you feel their haunting presence?

Liar, Killer, Demon
    Back to the river Aras

Someone's blank stare deemed it warfare

Liar, Killer, Demon
    Back to the river Aras

Freedom, Freedom, Free, Free

Can you hear the holy mountains?

Liar, Killer, Demon
    Back to the river Aras

She's like heroin
    Sipping through a little glass
    I'm looking for some help
    I need someone to save her ass
    Chinese tricks in rooms
    With ghosts of hooker girlie dudes
    Me and heroin maybe we can make some cash Selling ass

Selling ass for heroin
    Ass
    Selling ass for heroin
    Ass
    Selling ass for heroin
    Ass
    Selling ass for heroin

She wants nothing more
    But to be a little whore
    He wants nothing less
    But to wear a little dress

She's like heroin
    I need someone to make some cash Selling ass

Selling ass for heroin
    Ass
    Selling ass for heroin
    Ass
    Selling ass for heroin

She's like heroin
    I need someone to save her ass

She wants nothing more
    But to be a little whore
    He wants nothing less
    But to wear a little dress

8. cianne

cianne New Member

pretty sure serj would have some fine suggestions for what to do with a guy like AB. ;)

OP, please open your mind a little. i wouldn't stick up for this guy for any reason, but the music someone listens to does not automatically make them suspicious.

9. cianne

cianne New Member

man, i was about to lay into you ... and then i read the last part of your post. sad that i read this first paragraph and assumed someone could say this in all seriousness.

10. cianne

cianne New Member

This is a SOAD song? A child probably couldn't decipher the lyrics without having them in her hand. Irrelevant, really, but just to ease your troubled mind, there you go.

We set examples by how we treat people and how we live our lives, not by what music we listen to. Perfectly sane and trustworthy people - like myself, thank you very much - can listen to songs that you may find objectionable without being homicidal psychotics. Your statement about "especially if we have children" is profoundly ridiculous. There are a lot of things that have to change when you have a child, but I don't think your musical preference is one of them, whether the lyrics are radio-friendly or not.

Now, can we get back to making relevant observations about this case?

11. oh_gal

oh_gal Active Member

While I place importance on the correlation between parenting and how one presents themselves as a parent (in terms of dress, etc.), I readily admit I'm in the minority. In the past few years, skulls and bones have become a mainstay in a lot of people's wardrobes. AB probably has lots of shirts like this. He probably didn't think twice about putting it on, because perhaps that was just the way he dressed, everyday. If he wore a suit and tie everyday, and then one day decided to wear this type of t-shirt, on this particular day, during this particular tragic event, then I'd think there was something to it.

Sometimes people are like sheep...they blindly follow whatever is the "in" thing of the moment. They want to be "cool" and "fit in." That, and a sprinkling of thoughtlessness as to how he'd be perceived by others, is probably what is behind the shirt.

12. drip~drop

drip~drop kiss a fuzzie

Quite possibly.
    I usually buy dh's clothes and when he goes hunting for clothes, it's never been without me with him.

Some men buy their own on their own and some don't/won't.
    imo

13. Ada

Ada New Member

I was in WalMart yesterday and saw a large display with several styles of very similar shirts and sweatshirts. Just saying.

14. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, Firimar !

Editted: I don't care about his T-shirt. And that's all I have to say about THAT. :)

15. BlOnDe_GuRrL

BlOnDe_GuRrL New Member

system of a down is one of my favorite groups... i have all of their songs on my i pod and my daughter likes to head bang to "suit pee"

my kids are dooooooomed

16. Djane

Djane Member

I was at Wal Mart yesterday too, and look what I saw...AB's exact shirt. I don't think it really means anything other than it's a "cool" $7.50 shirt. There was tons of skull themed clothing in the men's department.
    005.jpg

17. Capri

Capri Active Member

Isn't he a little old for t-shirts with skulls, etc? Seems that they'r marketed to the teenage guys- which he certainly was not.

18. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

I think it's likely that EB bought that shirt. It seems to suit her "I still want to be a teenager" mentality. I also do not think any of the Bakers had a wide array of clothing. EB is shown wearing a shirt that is almost identical to AB's VENGENCE shirt in the video of Zahra getting her hearing aids (though it doesn't have the word, the style is the same).

I don't know how many times I'll compare my brother to AB ... but the similarities just keep coming. My brother is AB's age .... and he still wears shirts with skulls, teenage sayings, old 80's bands, etc. I don't think it "means" anything in the context of this case.

19. Mrs G Norris

Mrs G Norris Well-Known Member

Oh well done! Yes, they did seem to have a thing for Walmart didn't they?

20. claudicici

claudicici Well-Known Member

SOAD lyrics can have many different interpretations.These were lyrics from 4 different songs Cigaro,Revenga,Dreaming and She's like heroin.
    Lots of SOAD lyrics are really funny if you think about it but always have a deeper meaning,like Cigaro or She's like Heroin.
    Most songs like "Dreaming" make a political statement.
    No,a child would not be able to understand and frankly I doubt AB does.
    Anyways as much as I agree the B's musical preference should not have anything to do with the case ,it does,because people make it that way.
    This case makes me realize how judgemental people still are when it comes to music,clothes,religion.I can't stand it for example when Nancy Grace points out in her show that EB was a "pagan worshipper".First of all I don't see any indication that she was,secondly I would be offended if I was a "pagan worshipper" because Nancy clearly makes it sound like there is something wrong with that along with having tatoos or piercings .
    It makes me sad because I thought the days of witch hunts were far,far,far in the past.Aparently they are not.