MI - Active shooter at Michigan State University. Fatalities Reported. 13 Feb '23

Why, oh Why ??
I just dont understand these senseless acts of murdering innocent kids and mass murders/shootings at not just schools, college campus but everywhere, even grocery stores these days.

Praying for our LANSING MSU community.
I'm confused by the fact that he (and apparently his father) would fire weapons out the back door of their home according to neighbors. Police apparently were called and came to the home. Why were'nt the guns confinscated at that time? They were clearly a danger.

I'm confused by the fact that he (and apparently his father) would fire weapons out the back door of their home according to neighbors. Police apparently were called and came to the home. Why were'nt the guns confinscated at that time? They were clearly a danger.
Me too. I wish we knew more about those circumstances.

EAST LANSING, Mich. – Authorities have decided not to reveal the identities of five Michigan State University students who were critically injured in Monday night’s mass shooting.

Michigan State University police officials on Wednesday announced that the identities of five students who are hospitalized in critical condition will not be released at this time. The decision was made “after careful consideration and out of respect for the families,” police said...

EAST LANSING, Mich. – Authorities have decided not to reveal the identities of five Michigan State University students who were critically injured in Monday night’s mass shooting.

Michigan State University police officials on Wednesday announced that the identities of five students who are hospitalized in critical condition will not be released at this time. The decision was made “after careful consideration and out of respect for the families,” police said...
Good.

One was a fraternity chapter president who played lacrosse and had an infectious smile. One was a soft-spoken shutterbug who got all A’s and was described as innocent. Another was a quiet go-getter who excelled at basketball and was going to become a forensic scientist.

They are the three students of Michigan State University who were fatally shot Monday night during a rampage at the school that police attributed to a 43-year-old Lansing man who then killed himself.

As others once again tried to make sense of the senseless during vigils Tuesday, the loved ones of Brian Fraser, Arielle Anderson and Alexandria Verner had a more excruciating task. They had to somehow find a way to say goodbye...
I am re-watching the vigils from last night from MSU, Western Michigan College and the hometowns of the students that were killed.

My heart could not take it-- I sat watching with tears and just wanting to hug these families and friends and all the students that are scared from this horrific tragedy.

I have been proud of our surrounding Universities as Western, UofM and Eastern have all come together through prayers and support.

I am just broken-hearted over this whole thing.

Yes--they still are not releasing their names today either.
I am glad they are not doing that--the students need time to heal and process everything as do their families.

Praying for a fast recovery for them and support to help them deal with tragedy.

Mich. State Mass Shooting Survivor Also Lived Through Sandy Hook Massacre: 'We Need Action'​

"The fact that this is the second mass shooting that I have lived through is incomprehensible," 21-year-old Jackie Matthews said in a TikTok video​

A survivor of the 2012 Sandy Hook massacre is also a student at Michigan State University, where a gunman opened fire Monday, killing three students and critically injuring five others.

"I am 21 years old, and this is the second mass shooting that I have now lived through," Jackie Matthews said in a TikTok video posted early Tuesday.

More than 10 years ago, Matthews was hunched in the corner of a Sandy Hook Elementary School classroom for so long that she suffered a post-traumatic stress disorder injury on her back that she's still dealing with to this day. She said it flares up when she's in stressful situations.

Are the two critically injured students international students from China? If so, are their parents on the way to the U.S., is MSU helping to bring them here to be with their children? I am sure they are, as I have read in other cases, sadly, that universities work to bring families of international students to the U.S. when serious crimes occur and families are overseas. Praying for the students and their families who may be far away at this critical time.

It looks like the Chinese Consulate in Chicago is working with the families to get visas to bring them to the U.S. to be with their children who were critically shot at MSU. And I am sure that MSU will provide the funding to help them get here.

There are over 4,000 international students studying at MSU, and this must be terrifying for them being so far from home.

His sister said he had mental health issues even when their mom was alive. What kind of interventions can be done to prevent someone from going down the deep end like this? Sounds like he was in pain and had no coping skills.
Essentially, intervention is not an option with an unwilling adult. It is legally near impossible to compel an adult to seek mental health treatment.

This individual here seemed to have the: Unpleasant personality, bored, angry and drifting through life syndrome.

This type of condition is probably especially difficult to document and apply towards the remote possibility of compelling treatment.

East Lansing — A gunman accused of fatally shooting three students at Michigan State University on Monday night and wounding five others said nothing as police officers approached him nearly four miles from campus before taking his own life, according to new details released at a press conference Thursday morning.

MSU Deputy Police Chief Chris Rozman confirmed that the gunman, Anthony McRae, was found by police 3.8 miles northwest of campus at Lake Lansing Road and Larch Street. He had two 9mm handguns and additional magazines and ammunition. He also had a note on him, threatening a school in New Jersey.

"We have learned that they (the hand guns) were purchased legally by the shooter but they were not registered," Rozman said...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back