Actor Danny Masterson, of 'That 70s Show' charged with raping multiple women *Mistrial 2022* *Retrial 2023 Guilty*

I have been reading Tony Ortega’s website for years. I have been waiting for this trial for sooo long. I kept my eye on every single attempt to delay justice by $cientology. We are finally here, and this rapist needs to go down.

'I Thought I Could Report the Crime and Keep My Family': Danny Masterson Accuser Recalls Fear of Retaliation from Church of Scientology

When Mueller asked Jane Doe 1 why she changed her mind, she told Mueller “I had gone to my first therapist,” her voice trembling. During the recess, Olmedo also sharply questioned Cohen when he suggested her statement about her therapist was a breach of patient-doctor privilege.

Mueller also presented a “knowledge report” Jane Doe 1 had written in 2003 that included some of the allegations and was intended to be submitted to the Church of Scientology. She’d subsequently given that document to the LAPD in 2004. Jane Doe 1 said her ethics officer at the Church, Julian Swartz, went over the document with her and instructed her to revise it by not to mentioning the word rape and to make sure it contained “no human emotion or reaction.” She also told the court that Swartz told her to remove reference to the gun because “he didn’t own guns so it would be a false report.”
bbm

How can a patient's statement to their therapist be a breach of patient-doctor privilege if the patient is the one who is saying it? The privilege is a restriction on the therapist, not the patient.

This comment by the defense attorney is so, so manipulative and offensive to me!

From the article:
“It was related to the terror campaign that this criminal organization has put upon me or my family,” Jane Doe #3, herself a former Scientologist, said in a strong tone. “No matter how many police reports, how many FBI reports we filed, no one would stop them, and they are doing it to this day,” she added before the judge put an end to the topic. "
Only cult$ like $cientology terrorize members after they leave. I'm glad that statement was put on the record!

Also:
"Today’s proceedings also saw Olmedo give a stern warning to an onlooker sitting in the public gallery to not speak during court nor point at Jane Doe #3 on the stand. The judge said she had little patience for such antics. Subsequently, the judge asked the man his name and made it clear she did not want him chatting with a man sitting next to him. Neither of the men returned to court after the mid-afternoon break."
This truly scares me. This intimidation tactic is VERY typical of $cientologists. Did anyone catch the man's name and google him to discover a $cientology link?

Update: The disruptive observer in the gallery has been identified. Guess what?

Marc also got to see Judge Charlaine Olmedo single out a man sitting not too far away from him for his poor behavior. Initially, she admonished him for gesturing and making faces during Jane Doe 3’s cross-examination. But later, she really ripped into him for talking while she and the attorneys for both sides were arguing over yet another defense motion for a mistrial. (That’s four in seven days of testimony, if you’re keeping score.) Judge Olmedo asked the man to say and spell his name, and he turns out be Laguna Beach attorney Scott Borthwick. We had noticed him hanging around the Masterson family members for several days of the trial, and we wondered who he might be — he wasn’t dressed like an attorney, more in a business casual style, and so it wasn’t obvious why he was there. After he spelled his name, reporters quickly found that he has been co-counsel with Philip Cohen and Shawn Holley on previous cases. After Judge Olmedo dressed him down, he didn’t return after the afternoon break.OK, we’ll just throw it out there: Could it possibly have been a strategy of the defense to have a shill in the audience, mugging and rolling his eyes at Jane Doe 3’s testimony in the hopes it might have an affect on the jury? Surely an experienced attorney knows he’s not supposed to be reacting that way in the audience.

source: Danny Masterson shatters suppression, Scientology style, as his trial heats up

Short Version of the post below. If you would like to donate to our volunteer moderator staff please do so at Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me

Hi Everyone,
Forgive me for interrupting but this is important. Please do not post questions about this post on this thread. Go to THIS THREAD to ask questions.

The mod staff at Websleuths.com work non-stop to keep Websleuths open 24/7 and to make sure
Websleuths is a safe place for you to post.

If you would like to donate to the moderators at Websleuths.com please do so using this link Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me

Websleuths.com will always be free for members. If you like to read at Websleuths because of the incredible work of our members please know the reason our members are able to do what they do is because of our dedicated volunteer moderator staff.

This video explains what the moderators do every day to keep Websleuths the most respected true crime discussion forum on the Internet.

Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me

Thank you,
Tricia Griffith Owner/Websleuths.com

Update: The disruptive observer in the gallery has been identified. Guess what?

Marc also got to see Judge Charlaine Olmedo single out a man sitting not too far away from him for his poor behavior. Initially, she admonished him for gesturing and making faces during Jane Doe 3’s cross-examination. But later, she really ripped into him for talking while she and the attorneys for both sides were arguing over yet another defense motion for a mistrial. (That’s four in seven days of testimony, if you’re keeping score.) Judge Olmedo asked the man to say and spell his name, and he turns out be Laguna Beach attorney Scott Borthwick. We had noticed him hanging around the Masterson family members for several days of the trial, and we wondered who he might be — he wasn’t dressed like an attorney, more in a business casual style, and so it wasn’t obvious why he was there. After he spelled his name, reporters quickly found that he has been co-counsel with Philip Cohen and Shawn Holley on previous cases. After Judge Olmedo dressed him down, he didn’t return after the afternoon break.OK, we’ll just throw it out there: Could it possibly have been a strategy of the defense to have a shill in the audience, mugging and rolling his eyes at Jane Doe 3’s testimony in the hopes it might have an affect on the jury? Surely an experienced attorney knows he’s not supposed to be reacting that way in the audience.

source: Danny Masterson shatters suppression, Scientology style, as his trial heats up
I hope that defense team is sanctioned for pulling that BS during the trial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back