Aug is Utah Cold Case month and the Utah Cold Case Coalition is featuring Rosie Tapia's case
Click on Rosie Tapia's Thread and help Websleuths find Rosie's killer

Aeromexico plane crashes just after take off in Mexico, 31 July 2018

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by gregjrichards, Jul 31, 2018.

1. margarita25

margarita25 Jessica Ridgeway. Never Forgotten.

Delete consolidate

2. CARIIS

CARIIS Spelling Bee Winner - Kindergarden!

Look how pretty she is listen to her engines

dialog is (on both ) directly from the cockpit voice recorder

I remember Teds broadcast that night

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  3. CARIIS

You have got to be kidding me

Isnt that nice not to charge a ticket change fee !

Passenger Protection Policy for those affected by the incident in Durango
    Applies to passengers with confirmed Aeromexico or interline tickets (AM001 - AM2999 and AM 8500-8899)

All passengers holding tickets to / from all our domestic routes and tickets to / from Durango (DGO) will not be charged for a change in departure or return dates, or for a flight change, so long as those changes are made within the dates mentioned below.

*In the event that no tickets are available in the previously booked cabin, any fare difference will be covered so long as the ticket is for the original booked route.

*Passengers will not be charged a ticket reissue fee.

*A change in route is permitted for tickets to / from Durango wherein the requested change is to / from Torreon.

*For all other domestic routes, a change is permitted in the event that the fare difference between the original and new ticket is paid at time of booking.

*If the passenger opts not to use their ticket at this time, the ticket will be valid from one year of its issue date.

*Seat assignment and baggage fees will also be waived.

This policy applies to tickets with the following flight dates: July 31 and August 1, 2018.

Travel period ending: August 7, 2018.

Applies only for tickets issued up to and including: July 31, 2018.

Tickets issued after this date will not be accepted.

Any changes to this policy will be issued via this same means.

Regarding the accident of flight AM2431, We're continuing to provide assistance to the passengers, crew members, and their families. Six of the 17 passengers who were hospitalized have been discharged today and 11 are still receiving medical care in different hospitals.

From the beginning, we've offered passengers the option of being transferred to specialized hospitals within Mexico or abroad, with the purpose of ensuring that they receive the best medical care possible. The latter is subject to the patient and relatives decision.

Such is the case of the 8-year-old minor who suffered first and second-degree burns. She was transferred along with her family early this Friday morning, via air ambulance to Chicago, Illinois, where she is from.

The crew members are all recovering well and only one of them remains in the hospital, and after a surgical procedure his condition is improving.

We'd like to thank the local and federal authorities, as well as the medical staff for their extraordinary work in the emergency response. Our most sincere gratitude to all the media, as well as everyone in Mexico and abroad for their support and well wishes for the passengers and crew members.

Direct line for passengers and families of flight AM2431:

1 866 205 4084 from abroad / (55) 51 33 40 59 in Mexico

Press contact: +52 55 5554 5419

Aeromexico

Hatfield and bluesneakers like this.
  4. CARIIS

humm humm

is that my scooter??

bluesneakers likes this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

Thanks Cariis for joining and sharing the informative pieces of information. Very interesting stuff.

margarita25 and CARIIS like this.
  6. CARIIS

ty

i love chatting commercial aviation!!

at times i tell myself i better shut up and then i tell myself they are fine were all a curious bunch and i love reading stuff that i did not know!!

gregjrichards and margarita25 like this.
  7. CARIIS

• Grupo Aeromexico Transported a record 2 million 86 thousand passengers in July; a 6.5% year-on-year increase. International passenger numbers increased by 5.7%, while 7.1%.

• Demand, measured in Revenue Passenger Kilometers (RPKs), (they take the number of passengers by the miles flown) increased by 6.3%, year-on-year.

• Aeromexico's capacity, measured in available seat kilometers (ASKs), (the number of seats available times (X)the miles flown) increased by 5.9% year-on-year.
    load factor was 88.3 %- that's solid - )average number of seats taken)

Aeromexico Reports July 2018 Traffic Results

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    gregjrichards and margarita25 like this.
  8. CARIIS

David Gleave, a U.K.-based crash investigator and air safety consultant, said the absence of fatalities reflected the relatively low speed of the impact, as well as decades of work in improving aircraft design.

“It’s not a miracle,” he said. “This is a design-based accident that should be survivable. We’ve worked long and hard in the industry to ensure that an event like this is something that people can walk away from, that the seats don't slide forward on impact, that limbs are protected. The safety of passengers is no accident.”

Flammability,
    crashworthiness of the seats,
    greater protection of fuel tanks and lines

plus others are all technical advances which have reduced the risks to aircraft occupants. It is fair to say that the design of this aircraft under the current certification standards contributed to the safe evacuation.

[​IMG]

She was just a teenager (!) and had all sorts of new mandates aboard!

It's actually getting to be more typical, more the rule than the exception," Schiavo said, noting that no one dies in 87% of air crashes, according to the International Civil Aviation Organization.

"It's the science of crashworthiness that has really improved over the last 20 years to help people survive a crash," Schiavo said. "Before then, you used to think a plane crash (meant) everyone would die. Not so anymore."

The do all sorts of amazing testing

Engine test bed (not the accident aircraft- I picked the super duper A380 engine test bed !)

She is two stories of seats!

Rain hail and birds !

Crashworthiness OK, Aeromexico Crash A+++ Exit | JDA Journal

Experts say full survival rates in air crashes grow more common - CNN

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    gregjrichards, margarita25 and Suglo like this.
  9. margarita25

margarita25 Jessica Ridgeway. Never Forgotten.

Toootalllyyyy!!

CARIIS and gregjrichards like this.
  10. CARIIS

Everyone is suing now -- anyone ever heard of anyone suing someone for an earthquake tornado etc etc!

For those that believe in god who did mother nature I don't think he will appear in court

modern jetliners have been taking off in inclement weather since the wright brothers

Suglo likes this.