Afgan law 'legalizes rape'

IWannaKnow

Reaction score
What do you think of this?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30014515/

"One of the most controversial articles of the law stipulates that the wife "is bound to preen for her husband as and when he desires."

"As long as the husband is not traveling, he has the right to have sexual intercourse with his wife every fourth night," Article 132 of the law says. "Unless the wife is ill or has any kind of illness that intercourse could aggravate, the wife is bound to give a positive response to the sexual desires of her husband."

One provision of the law also appears to protect the woman's right to sex inside marriage, saying that the "man should not avoid having sexual relations with his wife longer than once every four months."

"...bound to preen for her husband as and when he desires." ???? What does that mean? Preen is to clean, dress or arrange with care. And she is required to have a "positive response", not just submit every fourth day. And how much weight do you think an illness would carry? Do you really believe that would stop anything? Clearly "I'm not in the mood" or "I have a headache" or "you forgot to take out the trash, I forgot about taking your little friend out for a walk" doesn't wash there. :rage:

Just another reason that I am proud to be an American.

I am so lucky I don't live there,I would be hanged for sure.What a barbaric law to come up with,preen my butt.

Loreena Bobbit on-line course for Afghani women...sounds like a business opportunity if ever there was one!

I am so lucky I don't live there,I would be hanged for sure.What a barbaric law to come up with,preen my butt.

LOL! "Preen my butt," that cracked me up, Alta!:)

This is so disgusting. I also would probably be tied up and publicly stoned in the the streets if I lived in that society. Either that, or I'd have to keep myself stoned on opium or something to avoid the reality of that kind of life.

Eve

How hypocritical. The man can make the woman do without if he's a wimp. No longer than once every 4 months, but the woman has to give in every 4 days. I'm sure the woman would be accused of adultery or something though if she complained that it went longer than 4 months, and I'm suprised that the woman even has a 4 day reprieve. Hopefully some women actually love their husbands and don't end up with some horrible pig of a man.

How sick it's 2009 and women are still treated like property. Thankfully I still live in the land of the free (although I 'm not sure how much longer it will be free)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebecca.ingram1214@gmail.
Back