After car stalls, driver finds giant snake under the hood

Dark Knight

Reaction score
A woman in Santa Fe, New Mexico, had just left her home early Thursday morning when her car suddenly stalled. A good Samaritan pulled over to help, but when he opened the hood of the car he didn’t find a dead battery. Instead, he found a very much living 9-foot, 20-pound python..

“It was looking right at me. It flicked its little tongue, and I kind of freaked out a little bit,” Jackson Ault said of the discovery.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sidesho...nds-giant-snake-under-the-hood-151808533.html

I second that nomoresorrow!!! That is the stuff nightmares are made of!Thanks for posting DarkKnight!

Snakes In A Car.

With snakes being in the news lately, I wonder if this could be a sign of something to happen. I remember in Summer 2001, shark attacks got a lot of news and next thing, 9/11.

There was a snake in my house last year that had come through the fireplace. I was talking to my mother on the phone and told her very quietly that I had to go. Animal Control would not help me, 911 would not help me, and the police said they couldn't. I finally called a the neighbor and he came over. We did not find the snake even after turning over the furniture and so forth. He said it could have gone back up the fireplace. Of course I did not believe him. I had the flue worked on and then a netting put over the top of the chimney. That was last August. I have googled the heck out of snakes and how long snakes can survive inside a house without food or water. It is supposedly for up to one year. Can you believe that?

I have half expected to go into the kitchen and see a snake crawling out from under the refrigerator. The snake will have taken all of the vitamins that have rolled under the refrigerator. It will be singing the James Brown 'I Feel Good' song!!

I did see a smaller version of the same snake under the carport last week. It was at night and I watched it until it crawled away. I called the yard guy the next day and warned him about it and got him to come on over and look around. He is not afraid of anything! I have not seen it again.

Sorry to have gone on and on about this. I simply. cannot. stand. snakes! I am absolutely terrified of them. GB that poor woman who had one under the hood of her vehicle.

:eek:

^^^ Damn, LaLaw, I don't blame you for being concerned! Were you able to identify the type of snake? Most are harmless, of course. (Not that I want them in my house.)

BTW, you should have a spark arrestor over your chimney anyway. It keeps errant sparks from setting your roof on fire. I hope that's what the installer put on your chimney.

Thank, Nova!

Yes, my fireplace and flue is all fixed now! There is also a screen on top of the chimney. I guess I can forget all about Santa stopping in!

I am still afraid. The yard guy said it is a non poisonous snake by the way I described it. I still worry, though. I think I have PTSD now!

:shame:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashley_erin
Back