Age progression

Discussion in 'JonBenet Ramsey' started by icedtea4me, May 27, 2007.

1. icedtea4me

icedtea4me New Member

Does anyone know of any sites that will do an age progression on a person's pic? Thanks!

-Tea

(I was unsure of the forum in which this ought to be posted, so I posted it here. Please move, if you deem it necessary.)

2. Loading...

3. Ames

Ames New Member

Tea,
    I found this site for ya. They do age regression and age progression on a person pictures, to solve crimes...AND for the general public.. They even ran a Mother's Day Special.....lol. After clicking on the link below, scroll down and you will see a sample of pictures that they have progressed....including....JonBenet Ramsey, Adam Walsh, and Elvis....Here ya go...

http://www.phojoe.com/forensic_compositing.html

4. icedtea4me

icedtea4me New Member

Thanks, Ames, but it's just a little too rich for my blood! LOL They do good work though.

-Tea

5. anthrobones

anthrobones New Member

It would interesting if somehow this could be done for some of the missing people on Doe Network who never had age progressions.

6. poco

poco A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.

That was just too cool of a site!!!

7. Ames

Ames New Member

You are welcome...Yeah, I thought it was a little expensive too...LOL I will keep looking though. There were alot of other ones listed...did you see the picture of JB? I thought that it looked more like her than the one they did of her ..I believe in the Globe, or National Enquirer....that picture looked just exactly like Heather Locklear. The one on the link that I provided, looked more like what I think she would have looked like at 16. I will see what else I can dig up....

Try this one...I didn't see a price though, you may have to contact them...

http://www.graphic-design.com/Waldron/AgingPhotos.html

8. Ames

Ames New Member

You wouldn't want to use this site.....but, check it out. Retouching baby photos...adding hair, taking away baby fat, etc. Why would ANYONE want to do this to their child's photo? Someone that would do this, are the same people that spray tan their child, and buy them false teeth, and put in hair extensions for beauty pageants. Check out this weird site....:eek:

http://www.naturalbeautiescontest.homestead.com/retouch5.html

Notice the site is titled NATURAL beauties.....yeah, right...

9. Jayelles

Jayelles New Member

In each of those examples, I thought the untouched photo was nicer. The touched up photos don't look like real children - they are like cartoon children. As you say - why would anyone want to do this to a photo of their child?

10. icedtea4me

icedtea4me New Member

Yowzah! Now THAT'S definitely a +10 on the creepy scale!

-Tea

11. Ames

Ames New Member

Did you by chance, scroll down and check out TOTAL MAKEOVER 1, 2, and 3. I didn't realize until I went back to the site, that there was more than one sample picture. FREAKY!!!

12. Ames

Ames New Member

I agree with you....in those touched up photos...I couldn't believe it, but they added a different mouth, and eyes... straightened and whitened teeth, and even went so far as to add EYELASHES. What exactly does that say to the child....it says...you are not perfect, your smile is not perfect, you teeth are not perfect, your hair is not perfect, your eyes are not perfect, your eyelashes are too short....so I have decided to send in your photo to be retouched, and to make you perfect. What in the world would that do to a child's self esteem?? The parents that use this site should be ashamed of themselves.

13. HappyChic727

HappyChic727 Patiently Waiting

Really! My friend ordered a doll for her daughter from American Girl that was made-to-order to look like her daughter (to a degree) but she ordered a doll, not a fixed up print of her already beautiful child.

The best photos are candid shots anyway, duh!

14. Ames

Ames New Member

Ain't THAT the truth!!!

Those pictures on that link that I posted don't look like real children, they are made up, retouched and fake. Its ridiculous. If you go onto some of these pageant or modeling sites...theres TONS of pictures just like those. Here is just another sample of them...

http://www.preciousfacescontest.com/4.htm

15. DeeDee249

DeeDee249 New Member

Even JBR was seemed creeped out by the MyTwinn doll her mother got her for that last Christmas. She had the sense to say that it didn't really look like her, because in her mind, she was the pretty little schoolgirl she saw in the mirrir every day, not the tarted-up child beauty queen made up to look decades older.

16. Ames

Ames New Member

Tea,
    Sorry for hijacking your thread...and taking it off subject. I thought that the touched up photos of children, was taking it too far. I will get back to trying to find a reasonably priced website for age progression on a picture.

17. icedtea4me

icedtea4me New Member

No problemo! If you're able to come across one, that's fine, but don't waste too much time on it, okay? :)

BTW, it looks like Bryce's mom was going for the Jodie Foster as Iris in Taxi Driver look.

-Tea

18. Ames

Ames New Member

LOL...yes it does look like that. Can you believe those pictures? The kids look down right scary. I was looking for one that I saw last year, there was this one plastic looking kid, and I covered up her age, and called my oldest daughter over to the computer, and said..."How old do you think she is"...and she replied.."19 or 20?" And I removed my hand from the computer screen to show that the girl was FOUR years old. My daughter couldn't believe it....she kept saying "Oh my GOSH...oh my GOSH....mom, now that is just plain freaky". Anyway....back to the original theme of your thread...LOL

19. Ames

Ames New Member

20. Ames

Ames New Member

21. Ames

Ames New Member