aggravation phase #8 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK does anybody have a witness list for the next phase .. I'm hoping for an elementary school teacher or someone else fun like Donovan ..

Ha. Yeah. Bring Donovon in to vouch for CMJA's character. The tweeter of the tweet's and former jail pal. They have a real bond and we know Donovon has no problem in the spotlight. That's as "good" as it's going to get for JA.

I don't understand why isn't JA wearing stripes. She has been convicted murder one. She has some sort of privilege or something?

At least she has to be in shackles now whenever she is being moved somewhere. I hope we get to see that at some point.

No one has been sent to death row for 82 years from that jurisdiction. JA may very well be headed there. So far this jury seems to be sticking to the facts and not swayed by emotion. Tomorrow will probably be an emotional day for them when TA family speak.
Does anyone think that JA will take the stand during this phase? I think she knows they arent going to believe her or feel sorry for her now.

JA has boxed herself into a corner. I don't see how she can take the stand and beg for her life after saying she would beg for the DP if she killed Travis. She reiterated on FOX news. OTOH, I can't imagine her not taking the stand if for no other reason than to continue trashing Travis and his family. I think we can expect the unexpected from her - another stunt. The only thing everyone wants to hear is remorse but that will never come because she is still happy that Travis is dead.

Lord Beth says ALV may be back to testify for JA during next phase

Yeah ... Beth listed off "maybe childhood friends, teachers, anyone she's ever done anything nice to".
HA HA HA. ...
Haven't heard of any friends that JA has ... Nor anyone who she's done something nice for.
Good luck with that JA.

I think well just hear JA up there spewing her lies and blaming Travis as an abuser, etc.
Anything to continue to hurt the Alexanders.
JA is just too spiteful and evil to expect anything else from.

TWITTER

If the defense brings LaViolette back, I'd expect to see the whole courtroom burst out laughing, including the judge. #jodiarias

As we all know who have been following the trial. Alice was supposed to be the person who came in at this point that is what she was hired to do for originally! I guess she will not be called for this section and next part of the trial now!

Karma karma karma

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I just heard that. That would be a stupid mistake! Really? That's all they have to choose from- her "Survivor" T-shirt business partner?

No Shelby. After the mitigation phase, they simply chose life or death. If they choose death, we're done. If life,the judge will decide between LWP or LWOP.

WOW! So tomorrow after Travis' family speaks, the jury will choose between life or death, and the jury will make this choice tomorrow? If the jury chooses death then this will all be over tomorrow?

If I were Jodi's mother, I'd cry. If for no other reason, I'd cry about what my daughter is capable of doing. These people aren't crazy, they are just a bunch of evil, unfeeling psychopaths. I base my opinion on the fact that the parents of serial killers cry for their child, but they also cry for the victims of their child. Just the opposite has happened with this family. They laugh at the murder photos, autopsy photos, etc. They wear ribbons claiming DV, with absolutely no proof Travis was ever "that" person. Out of Jodi's own mouth, Travis was a wonderful person! I don't care what others say, this entire family is more than F'd up.

No tears at all from Jodi. But I disagree with the thoughts on Twitter that she looked happy. I think she looked PISSED at the jury.

That was my take on it, too. She was seething with rage as she looked them in the face--I'm sure they weren't looking back! She has no use for them now--they see through her and she does not like that.

OMG, ALV may take the stand again??? Or JA may STAND in front of the Jury and speak to them like an attorney? OMG, I don't know if my constitution could handle that. Holy Mackrel,10 mg of valium is all I can handle. Sheesh, do we think she would do this?

I just don't see how. The Jury spoke and said that they did not believe her DV story.. So why would ALV get up again?? To say how much she likes JA again?

Wow. So she hacked and hacked at his neck in an effort to go through bone and flesh. I can only say, what an evil @#$%^ &&^*% *&&^^%.

I'm very upset right now. It's even worse than I thought.

Chris Hughes ‏@cshughes 56s
Tomorrow: Opening statements by both sides. Then impact statements frm the Alexander family. Then #JodiArias 's camp will argue for her life

Is his family expected to stay for this ? People arguing for her life.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Mitigating Factors:

1. The defendant’s capacity to appreciate the wrongfulness of his conduct or to conform
his conduct to the requirement of law was significantly impaired, but not so impaired as
to constitute a defense to prosecution;

2. The defendant was under unusual and substantial duress, although not such as to
constitute a defense to prosecution;

3. The defendant was legally accountable for the conduct of another under the provisions of § 13-303, but his participation was relatively minor, although not so minor as to constitute a defense to prosecution;

4. The defendant could not reasonably have foreseen that his conduct in the course of the commission of the offense for which the defendant was convicted would cause, or would create a grave risk of causing death to another person; and

5. The defendant’s age.

Number two due to BPD .. if they say number 2 because of Travis' abuse or anything like it the jury will vote against them .. can't they tell the jury is not buying the pedophile / DV BS? It's only worked against them during this trial, they should have gone with volatile relationship and heat of passion and not blamed Travis for that right from the start.

Me either. I will be accepting of either death penalty, or LWOP. I would consider a Life with parole to be a loss.

I would personally prefer LWOP only because then she does not get an automatic appeal; instead any appeal would have to have actual grounds -- it will be appealed of course but they'd have to try the usual hail marys (ineffectual counsel, etc) but from all the professional lawyers who have watched this trial, they all say the don't see anything that would be grounds for an appeal.

I can't accept LWOP. She would be a diva among the general population. LWOP entitles her to privileges. I want her in a cell alone for 23 hours a day for the rest of her life...DP provides that.

So do I! I don't get ET, PT, CT. There are many converters on the net, some more difficult than others, just so everyone knows.

Jurors and family, wow, I feel for them. They all did a great job, and it will be over soon, hang in there.

If you are running windows, just set one of your additional clocks to Arizona time.

Ha. Yeah. Bring Donovon in to vouch for CMJA's character. The tweeter of the tweet's and former jail pal. They have a real bond and we know Donovon has no problem in the spotlight. That's as "good" as it's going to get for JA.

Lol, I'm sure Donovan will have something to say, but, Donovan is the smarter of the two. Donovan is out of jail and getting all those free interview perks, like hair, makeup, dinner, any payment, and whatever comes next. :floorlaugh:

JA has boxed herself into a corner. I don't see how she can take the stand and beg for her life after saying she would beg for the DP if she killed Travis. She reiterated on FOX news. OTOH, I can't imagine her not taking the stand if for no other reason than to continue trashing Travis and his family. I think we can expect the unexpected from her - another stunt. The only thing everyone wants to hear is remorse but that will never come because she is still happy that Travis is dead.

I wouldn't put it past her to try the '"reverse psychology" bit on the juror's directly.

moo

they won't be allowed to because of client/attorney privilege.
I hope the jurors will speak to us - however, i wish #8 would wait until the entire trial is over rather than speak on dr drew tonight.

beth saying alv may speak in the penalty phase!!!

boo!

bbm

None have been executed

Yes all of them have the same impact in restrictions as to their penalty. the women on death row are very restricted as to interaction and more of that is good for some folks!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members