aggravation phase #9 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't this jury awesome? I'm beginning to think that concerning these jurors, there was some divine intervention here, if you know what I mean. And did you see juror #8 on Dr. Drew tonight? He seems like such a good guy, such a shame he was dismissed. Even he cares more about what happened to Travis than JA does. He is still carrying that burden, feels he let them down, yet this man never even knew Travis. What does that say about her, that empty, hollow shell of a being with no conscience, filled with apparently nothing but evil.

That is such a good point about Juror 8 caring for Travis and his family more than she ever did or will.
And does anyone know who she looks back to when she turns her head all the way around (for example on verdict day)? Is it Donovan? But I thought Donovan was sitting more towards the middle on verdict day.

I just heard from an attorney on NG that the victim's family has to do their victim's impact statements via scripts; but CFJA's family and friends can say anything they want. How is this fair?

You can see her blood going white hot. But, her exterior is stolid.

I think she was expecting it this time. She wasn't prepared for her first verdict so you saw real raw emotion (for herself, but that's as real as it gets with her).
Today she was more prepared. You still saw it though....if you watch it again. This time it was pure hate and anger. Subtle, but there.

Would it be inappropriate for them to bring said Cinnabon and Strawberry Frappe to court and have them within reach while reading statements?

I think everyone in the courtroom should have Cinnabons, and Strawberry Frappe's with big straws. Everyone except JA.

This is my first posts so please be kind!

Mid February: I was recuperating from disk fusion surgery. Lying in a recliner, drugged to the gills, wasn’t able to do much but watch TV. Flipping through channels, and there she was, testifying (on Tru TV, which friggin’ disappeared on me two days later -- grrr). Juan Martinez hammered at her. Her responses were so ... flat and odd. The predominant emotion I read was defiance. Whoa, I thought. Sociopath.

Then I remembered who she was. Had seen the 48 Hours segment when it first aired. Read a couple of articles about the case, and then forgotten about it as the years passed.

Came to Websleuths to catch up on the earlier testimony -- and been a constant lurker ever since. I’d been here before, haunted by missing persons cases, especially missing children. Kyron Horman, Isabel Celis, Lisa Irwin. I would read here, always hoping for a “breaking news” post, hoping for a miracle.

Below is MOO [When I first came here, I couldn’t understand why people were lowing all the time. I figured it out, though ;) ]

* Travis did not abuse Jodi. Travis was NOT a pedophile. She murdered him in body, then tried to murder his reputation and memory. There was no question about “who,” so “why” and “how” ran the show.

* We only have Jodi’s word for the frequency / number of times she and Travis had sex. Drives me crazy when the talking heads cite Jodi’s versions of events as if they were fact. Some sexy emails and texts; the sex recoding**; some nude photos. Actual sexual contacts and their frequency? We only have her word for it (going by the evidence that has been publicly released). Did they have sexual contact the night he baptized her? Jodi says so. Without supporting evidence, though, it’s equally likely she had sex with two ninjas. With Jodi Arias, pictures or it didn’t happen.

** MOO, Jodi set up the sex recording to use against Travis at some future point; she introduced the twelve-year-old girl scenario (before beginning the recording) by saying it was her fantasy, and he obliged her supposed kink. Travis didn’t know he was being recorded. The recording had something to do with the May 26 blow-out. He finally realized just how deep her sickness runs.

* Something Is Really Wrong with Jodi. TV-pundit psychological experts aside, the parents’ interviews with DF convince me that the woman is bent, and has been for years. Dad said she is a strange person. [Lulz. I wrote “very strange,” and then I heard Juan Martinez’s voice: “Did the tape say ‘very strange’? Yes or no?” Gulp. No. No, it didn’t.]

Two things in DF’s interrogation of Sandra Arias jumped out at me. DF asks, “Did you have any suspicion at all that she had anything to do with his death?” SA says, “I asked her. I asked her. It’s the first thing I asked her. [my emphasis] ... And then when he died, she -- she didn’t call me either. She called my daughter and just told me in tears.... [my emphasis]” (http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1304/03/ijvm.01.html)

1) Mom knows something about Jodi that leads her to easily believe Jodi is capable of murder; and 2) SA said, “She called my daughter...” Not “She called my other daughter”; not “She called her sister.” Subconsciously anyway, SA has only one daughter. The normal one, the one she wouldn’t automatically suspect of murder.

Contrary to the THs, IMO Jodi’s problems stem from childhood. There’s a secret history out there. What Jodi wrote in her diary about Travis -- “There’s something off about that boy” -- sounds like something she overheard her parents saying about her. She takes someone else’s genuine feelings and tailors them to shore up her make-believe world. The diaries read like something a twelve-year-old would write to fool the parents. Superficial, surface. Nowhere in them does she express her real thoughts.

Three months after I got pulled in, the trial goes on, post most-excellent verdict. JA is completely unrepentant. No grief or remorse for Travis, the man she supposedly adored.

IMO, the interview after the murder one verdict was her fallback plan. (If she got a lesser charge, she would keep her mouth shut, bide her time, and hope for a light sentence.) Facing the death penalty, though, she’s compelled to do what she does best -- look out for Jodi.

The interview took focus from the Alexander family and placed it firmly back on the “world’s most interesting woman” [in her own mind]. Second, she planted the “suicide” seed that got her a trip to the psych ward and delayed the mitigation phase of the trial for a week. She forced the Alexander family to wait yet another week before they can call her out to her face. In some circles it’s known as “topping from the bottom” -- and Jodi’s a pro. (Google that phrase at your own risk.)

I hope the psych ward was a very unpleasant experience. I hope that after a few days of unrelenting scrutiny and oversight, Travis’s murderer understands that she now belongs to the Arizona penal system. I hope the Twitter account disappears for good. I hope she is sued for copyright infringement for selling copyrighted material as original artwork. I hope Jodi Arias disappears into a deep hole and is never heard from again. That would be worse than death to her. I hope the psych/relationship experts who abetted her efforts to destroy the character of a good man are haunted by their actions. I hope the Alexander family can grow past this in the years to come. My thoughts are with them.

W E L C O M E!!!!! :seeya:

Love, love, love your first post - hope you'll come back again real soon . . .

(Yikes! That looks like Michelle Bachmann!)

[KZ runs screaming from the thread...."My eyes....my eyes...."]

I wished I looked like Michelle Bachmann.....She is awesome!

Edit: I love looking like myself but Michelle Bachmann is also a Tax Attorney - Whew-Who !!!

:bedtime::countsheep:Goodnight I hope I can sleep. I've only signed off three times so far lol

Yeah, me, I was off to bed too, 'til my baby started crying because it was thundering. Well, allright, he's really a Schnauzer, but still the only baby I have so.....

Oh good grief....I wanted to slap Jenny upside her head. "Oh she is mentally ill blah blah." Big difference between Axis I and Axis II disorders...but of course these two have no psych backgrounds so they just act clueless. I swear, a couple of my past very combative patients with schizophrenia (off their meds) could come up and whack them both upside their heads and they wouldn't realize that they were mentally ill. I will say it again..DD...go back to Loveline!

Yes, good point on the difference b/w Axis I and Axis II - I don't know much about pyschology but I got that difference from listening to this trial. I believe the defense is gonna go with the "Jodi has mental problems" line in mitigation --a la Dr. Drew -- did you catch where he (Nurmi) tried to bring it in today by saying Jodi has had problems all her life, this was just an "outburst" and that's why she didn't know what she was doing and doesn't remember anything? See, before they were saying PTSD, relating specifically to Jodi's made-up trauma on June 4. Now he's trying to go back and say, oh no, actually we believe DeMarte that she has BPD and is prone to violent outburts...when they had specifically brought in Geffner to REFUTE DR. DEMARTE's diagnosis. I hope the jury catches this.

So I'm pretty sure that's where the defense will go now. I really hope the jurors get the difference. If she had all these "mental problems" that DDrew keeps referring to, then how did she plan out his whole murder and everything afterwards?? How did she concoct and memorize this whole elabroate plan for the trial? How is she arranging all these interviews? How is she tweeting and running a business from jail selling her "art"? I wish someone would ask DDrew that, and hopefully if Nurmi tries to bring it in Juan will point out these things to the jury.

Perfect old fashioned style but still fast food burger. Though I do usually get the double Jr. burger, no cheese. I need more protein, and less carbs. Only 430 calories, not bad. No more than once a week though. It's just one of my many weaknesses. :facepalm:

Whataburgers were our go-to hangover remedy in college ;) Unfortunately we don't have them in Cali, but every time I'm in Texas....

Yeah, me, I was off to bed too, 'til my baby started crying because it was thundering. Well, allright, he's really a Schnauzer, but still the only baby I have so.....

OMG - You are killing me.....Schnauzers Rule - Take care of that Baby!!!

Alright, I'm up way too late, and tomorrow is going to be very emotional. I've warned hubby to expect a lot of tears when the family makes their statements. He understands. He's pretty awesome :love:

Sleep well, lovelies, and I will "see" you tomorrow.

OMG - You are killing me.....Schnauzers Rule - Take care of that Baby!!!

OMG, I just thought he was a 'baby' when he was a real baby. Now he's four years old, and he acts more like a baby than ever. :sigh: But then I guess we do spoil him a little. :giggle:

This is my first posts so please be kind!

* We only have Jodi’s word for the frequency / number of times she and Travis had sex. Drives me crazy when the talking heads cite Jodi’s versions of events as if they were fact. Some sexy emails and texts; the sex recoding**; some nude photos. Actual sexual contacts and their frequency? We only have her word for it (going by the evidence that has been publicly released). Did they have sexual contact the night he baptized her? Jodi says so. Without supporting evidence, though, it’s equally likely she had sex with two ninjas. With Jodi Arias, pictures or it didn’t happen.

Respectfully snipped for space: First off, welcome to the WS forums. No offense, but due to my eyes aging much faster than other parts of my anatomy, I seldom read a post of this length (pre snipping) but after skimming it and reading the part I quoted above I had to read the entire entry. I so agree with everything you stated, especiall the portion I quoted above.

You put into words many of my thoughts I've had since I started following this case. Well done for your first post here. I look forward to reading more of your well thought out entries. I may even consider sharing my donuts with you, provided Rose222 makes enough for me to share. :) Did that sound like a hint Rose? :floorlaugh:

JVM has it wrong. People are pensive and hurting today because JM described how cruel the murder was. It's not because people realize JA could be put to death. Who cares about her??? Her death sentence is the only I-want-to-smile part.

JVM has it wrong. People are pensive and hurting today because JM described how cruel the murder was. It's not because people realize JA could be put to death. Who cares about her??? Her death sentence is the only I-want-to-smile part.

I was kind of hoping we could send JVM to stay on DR with ja. She causes many of us mental anguish. :floorlaugh:

A couple of comments/questions about the (eyeroll) t-shirts she's been hawking. Aside from using this as a way to keep her "I was abused" farce front and center, there is also the financial gain aspect.

How is it not illegal to use a cause, any cause, to sell a product without some kind of endorsement? The site that will not be named says [[. A portion of the profits generated from the sales will support other survivors of domestic violence, and go to Non-profit Domestic Violence organizations selected by Jodi]] -- that could mean a portion of the money she makes will buy a bag of fritos for Big Bertha in cell block C.

The other thing I'm wondering - is it possible that she could refer to this obvious self serving venture as a mitigating factor? ie: I am already working on projects to help victims of DV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge