aggravation phase #9 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even in the "big house" a sociopath (cuz that's what she really IS) will have "friends"...usually of the Donavan variety...totally unaware they are being used and manipulated...and, if you've been to "that" website, the one with "innocent" in the name, you will see that there are plenty of people with more money than brains willing to "help" Jodi with commissary funds....I actually feel sorry for the folks that are buying her "art" (complete with thumbprint to authenticate...couldn't Donavan just as easily trace and put HER thumbprint on the back? What's a buyer to do? Get DNA to prove that M1ja traced it HERself?)

Just like Scott Peterson, and Drew Peterson and that other Peterson who killed his wife on the stairs....it won't be too long before we can't remember her name, and her "celebrity" will be history, replaced by the next victim/defendant whose heinous crime either touches our hearts or causes outrage.

Did this trial catch our interest because the murder was so "over the top"? Because the defendant is so "pretty"? ("Pretty is as pretty does!") (and IMHO, M1ja is NOT attractive, even with the bottle blond hair and breast augmentation! She has "evil eyes" and needs rhinoplasty!) Whatever reason for such world-wide interest, we've all learned a LOT about Arizona law, had a rare opportunity to actually see a defendant take the stand (and learn why attorneys tell their clients NOT to do so!!), hear a jury ask witnesses questions and watch a DEDICATED first class prosecutor work a trial without notes! (And we also learned more than we wanted/needed about the DSM-IV, and the entries therein!)

I'm tending toward agreeing with you, the sentence will probably be LWOP. I'm glad I'm not on THAT jury and faced with THAT decision! The ONLY thing that makes me believe that the DP is a possibility is that I've viewed ALL of the very graphic photos that the jury has seen...and there isn't enough eye/brain bleach available to erase the images of Travis Alexander's body from my memory. After seeing those photos, it is easy to understand JMs vigorous prosecution of this case. I've watched several hours of the trial with the sound off, just watching M1ja's expressions and actions...she is quite "a piece of work"...and beginning with her parents and siblings, ending with Wilmont and Nurmi, she's left a string of bodies (figuratively) in her wake. Undoubtedly, her fear/anger that Travis would expose her lies/actions to her family and friends was a contributing factor motivating her to murder him....but her parents wouldn't have been any more surprised by his revelations than they were when told she was a murderess....

After watching Nurmi lounging in the chair like it was a BarcaLounger throughout the trial, I've decided that if I'm ever in trouble in Arizona and need an attorney, and he is the only one available, I will have to go pro se!

I cannot help but think that the only "winner" in this is jodi herself...she knows that Travis will NEVER belong to another woman, will NEVER marry anyone...and her name and his will be linked in people's minds FOREVER! No one will ever SAY Travis Alexander without thinking of her or saying her name....she looks forward to death, so she will be reunited with him. They may have never "married" legally....but their names are linked for eternity....

As always...my prayers are for Travis' family....it's obvious that he was a beloved brother and friend to many...I've read some thoughts that wish that M1ja says "I'm sorry"...I hope she doesn't...she won't MEAN it...it will be said only to manipulate....it won't be believed...and coming from her, I don't believe that it will give comfort to the Alexanders...

BBM

I feared that as well, but have made a conscious decision that in future when I hear the name Travis Alexander I will think of Juan Martinez, his advocate, who fought so valiantly for the man who was slaughtered by a psychopath.

The jail Jodi's in is like a spa compared to the really big house. Whole different 'class' of people. It's true money can buy you protection, but how long will Jodi have access to funds? The gangs make the choice of who joins. She won't have the option to choose.

Smarty britches Jodi has a propensity to be a tattle tale. Nothing is ever her fault. That won't go over very well in the really big house.

IMO, it will be LWOP. I'd like to see an interview a month or so after Jodi's been incarcerated with the hard core, life long criminals. Let's see how the star power is holding up then.

She will not have access to other inmates at all, so wouldn't all of this be a moot point?

I'm on such a high after hearing what Juror #8 had to say. I cannot wait for today! JA isn't running any show. She can't even control where she stays or what she eats. She is done, done, done. Now all we have to do is to sit back and watch her get humiliated over and over again. Is it 10 a.m. yet?!

Good morning rose22!

I fell asleep before Dr. Drew last night and just read the transcript from his show.

The juror did say he did not believe the pedophilia...at all: "And as far as the pedophilia, I don`t believe that whatsoever".

I wish he/they asked Juror # 8 more "meat and potato" questions. Like did he believe ANY of the DV she was trying to push. Or did he think the "sex" tape and the sex between them was mutual, what he did he think of Nurmi, Wilmott, Martinez, the gas cans, the gun stolen from the grandparents house....and so many ore questions I would have liked them to ask! I mean, WTH, Dr. Drew gets this first real interview and he and his "panel" didn't ask the questions I think we all want the answers to!!

AND..LOL...juror # 8 asked the "bad haircut" question!!

Here's a link to the Dr. Drew transcript from last night:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1305/15/ddhln.01.html

[/B]
Jodi Arias ‏@Jodiannarias 9h
"God's love is so great that He loves even the proud, the selfish, the arrogant, and the wicked." - Dieter F. Uchtdorf
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Jodi Arias ‏@Jodiannarias 10h
If you preorder at "Survivor" tee, shipping began Mon. Thx for furthering the cause.
http:///the-survivor-t-shirt-jodi-arias/ …

My first tweet , and I feel good. Tulessa Slone ‏@TulessaS 1m
@Jodiannarias God will not forget and he will be the ultimate judge! U,, U lying murderess, Better beg for the ultimate forgiveness!

Good morning rose22!

I fell asleep before Dr. Drew last night and just read the transcript from his show.

The juror did say he did not believe the pedophilia...at all: "And as far as the pedophilia, I don`t believe that whatsoever".

I wish he/they asked Juror # 8 more "meat and potato" questions. Like did he believe ANY of the DV she was trying to push. Or did he think the "sex" tape and the sex between them was mutual, what he did he think of Nurmi, Wilmott, Martinez, the gas cans, the gun stolen from the grandparents house....and so many ore questions I would have liked them to ask! I mean, WTH, Dr. Drew gets this first real interview and he and his "panel" didn't ask the questions I think we all want the answers to!!

AND..LOL...juror # 8 asked the "bad haircut" question!!

Here's a link to the Dr. Drew transcript from last night:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1305/15/ddhln.01.html

Hi Linda! Thanks for the transcript. I'm going to read it now. Here's a link for part of the video of that interview:

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/05/16/arias-juror-8-breaks-silence?clusterId=1347#videoplayer

BBM

The biggest lesson to learn from this case is for concerned parents to get the help needed for problem children. The parents of JA abdicated their responsibility to get JA psychiatric help when she was a young. They knew she had "mental issues" (per the mother), she was acting out, they knew she was a pathological liar at a very young age, that she was violent, etc.

They did nothing.

I cannot fathom how parents of a child such as JA just stand back and make excuses for her behaviour, pretending all is well.

JA the adult is the extreme result of parental responsibility abdication. She will not be the last of her kind either.

IMO

Unfortunately...times have changed faster than our evolution has...I'm probably 8-10 years older than M1ja's parents...i'm part of the "Me-First" generation...where most folks my age had one parent at home, and sacrificed their own wants and desires in favor for their children...when WE had children, the mix of a bad economy and the availability of goods and services caused many families to have two WORKING parents, often, just to make ends meet every month, or to live in a better neighborhood, or have two cars instead of one (or ride public transportation)....where the QUALITY of our family lives have improved, the quantity of time spent with our children, teaching them our morals and values has not....

Instead of children being raised by their parents, parenting is often handed over to uneducated caretakers that care for a room FULL of children...many of whom work for little over minimum wage...our families have become scattered, and where we once used to get "Mom" to help out with childcare, we often find that "Mom" is STILL working TOO!! Parents cannot expect KinderCare or their school district to raise their children!

As long as parents abdicate responsibility for child rearing to someone else, we cannot be surprised that our children don't hold our morals and values...I'm sure that after Mama & Papa Arias, after spending 12-18 hours a day, 7 days a week, 360 days a year running their restaurant that there wasn't much time left every day to NOTICE problem that a young pre-teen has...let alone be pro-active in finding appropriate assistance...little problems snowball into big personality issues as time passes. I'm guessing that M1ja's fear of abandonment and desire to control aspects of her life probably grew from wanting/needing parental involvement when they were just "too busy" or "too tired" to deal with an especially needy child...

IMHO

Good Morning.

Is today finally the day? Am I still asleep and dreaming????

She will not have access to other inmates at all, so wouldn't all of this be a moot point?

If she receives LWOP she WILL have access to other inmates, college classes, a job, her art, etc, etc...

Only with the DP is she restricted: 23 hours per day in her cell, alone...

How about if he replays the "IF I hurt Travis, I would BEG for the death penalty.." (Emphasis mine)

<respectfully snipped>

Her life is one bad choice after another...and never, until now, ever faced the consequences...she may have a (verbal) IQ of 119, but she isn't very smart, and the future is only as long as her (oversize) nose, she thinks of the "immediate" not the "long term" and is unable to "walk in another's shoes"...

I hope she receives the DP ... She deserves some serious penalty for the heinous nature if her crime...and every mother I know of a thirty-something son is grateful that she won't be out on the street anytime in the near future....

Travis will never finish his book, motivate others to success, marry & have children, celebrate holidays with his family, give or receive love....(and she will never serve another margarita or sizzling plate of fajitas!)
Let's be thankful that she will never be a 'mother'.

BBM

The biggest lesson to learn from this case is for concerned parents to get the help needed for problem children. The parents of JA abdicated their responsibility to get JA psychiatric help when she was a young. They knew she had "mental issues" (per the mother), she was acting out, they knew she was a pathological liar at a very young age, that she was violent, etc.

They did nothing.

I cannot fathom how parents of a child such as JA just stand back and make excuses for her behaviour, pretending all is well.

JA the adult is the extreme result of parental responsibility abdication. She will not be the last of her kind either.

IMO

I'm just jumping off your post.....

I don't think being a pathological liar means you have mental problems.

I am kinda sick of everyone trying to wrap Arias, and others up in some 'mental defect" box. Some people are just selfish, self centered, evil and me, me, me. That would mean all these people who murder someone because they could not get what they wanted out of that person, can have "excuses" made for their murdering behavior.

What can you do with a kid who is a pathological liar? Take them to a psychologist to make them stop lying?

IMO I think some people are just born the way they are.

If she receives LWOP she WILL have access to other inmates, college classes, a job, her art, etc, etc...

Only with the DP is she restricted: 23 hours per day in her cell, alone...

I thought we saw an article posted from ABC in Phoenix a few weeks ago that said even if she gets LWOP, she will be treated the same as if she is on death row. 23 hours a day in solitary but she does get a TV.

Definition of MITIGATE

: to cause to become less harsh

: to make less severe or painful

There is no reason for any of the above to apply in regards to the convicted murderess Jodi Arias ...PLAIN & SIMPLE

ARIZONA LAW--MITIGATING FACTORS, Death Penalty

Arizona
Code Section 13-701E
For the purpose of determining the sentence pursuant to subsection C of this section, the court shall consider the following mitigating circumstances:
1. The age of the defendant.
2. The defendant’s capacity to appreciate the wrongfulness of the defendant’s conduct or to conform the defendant’s conduct to the requirements of law was significantly impaired, but not so impaired as to constitute a defense to prosecution.
3. The defendant was under unusual or substantial duress, although not to a degree that would consti- tute a defense to prosecution.
4. The degree of the defendant’s participation in the crime was minor, although not so minor as to constitute a defense to prosecution.
5. During or immediately following the commission of the offense, the defendant complied with all duties imposed under sections 28-661, 28-662 and 28-663.

I thought we saw an article posted from ABC in Phoenix a few weeks ago that said even if she gets LWOP, she will be treated the same as if she is on death row. 23 hours a day in solitary but she does get a TV.

I guess we will find out later today!! I thought I read that only with DP was it that harsh...and, that makes sense, I suppose...I can't imagine giving ALL the folks who receive LWOP basically "solitary confinement" (or their own room with a TV!)...we would need even more prisons than we have already! But, I will do a google search, and see if I can find out! :)

We live on an overcrowded planet with rapidly depleting resources, even if some are lucky enough not to notice yet. Jodi jumped in feet first to the survival of the fittest game and well...she lost.

Give her one appeal (have to), ask the SC of AZ if they'll hear the rejected appeal and do it in 5 years; then give her the needle, noose or whatever it is we consider 'humane' at the time.

Screw trying to understand why she did and what she *really* wants, I don't care. And there is no purpose for her to remain any kind of burden to anyone, anywhere.

I guess we will find out later today!! I thought I read that only with DP was it that harsh...and, that makes sense, I suppose...I can't imagine giving ALL the folks who receive LWOP basically "solitary confinement" (or their own room with a TV!)...we would need even more prisons than we have already! But, I will do a google search, and see if I can find out! :)

What I read is she is segregated completely and after a few year they can go into general population...good behavior. Who knows are prisons are a mess.

:facepalm:

I have heard conflicting stories also. I do not think the prisons would have enough room for everyone to be segregated for LWOP.
I want her alone in a cell, forever. DP today.

I am kinda sick of everyone trying to wrap Arias, and others up in some 'mental defect" box. Some people are just selfish, self centered, evil and me, me, me. That would mean all these people who murder someone because they could not get what they wanted out of that person, can have "excuses" made for their murdering behavior.

What can you do with a kid who is a pathological liar? Take them to a psychologist to make them stop lying?

I agree. By the very definition there is something *wrong* with people who commit 1st degree murder. If we looked at ALL those on death row, my guess is 99% could classify as having SOME kind of issue; childhood, psychological etc....

Honestly, I don't really care. As I said we don't have the resources to keep these people alive who cannot contribute back to society. Take this $$ and provide early childhood education for at-risk youth.

I agree, Linda. There are some people who are just plain evil. I don't care for JA's family at all but I do not fault them for the way she has turned out. If her family had been kinder, more affectionate, more concerned, provided professional help for her...well, none of that would have made any difference. People like JA do not return goodness with more of the same. In fact, they take advantage of others' kindness. They only know how to manipulate, use and throw.

Good Morning.

Is today finally the day? Am I still asleep and dreaming????

Good Morning The Farm! Today is the day! However, we won't be done today. The sentencing phase will go on next week as well, I think. Hopefully we'll be done in a few days. The jury will deliberate for a couple of days I think. They'll come back with death as the penalty. I have no doubt in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23