aggravation phase #9 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it true that JA was busted for having numerous autopsy photos in her jail cell a while ago? If so, how would she get access to them? When she was her on lawyer?

She is sick. If that is true, I wish JM could tell the jury that, while also showing the interrogation tape where she asks to see them, out of morbid curiosity (under the guise that she doesn't know what happened), as well as her peaking through fingers in court, while hiding her face and pretending to cry.

Does anyone know what Rules of Evidence apply at this phase? I'm thinking it's only a preponderance of evidence proves mitigation and hearsay rules are out the window?

Beth just said on HLNTV that Darrell B will be a witness for ja, doesn't think parents will.

IMO when JA tweeted the other day about someone who she thought she could trust, was Dan F.

IMO

Is it true that JA was busted for having numerous autopsy photos in her jail cell a while ago? If so, how would she get access to them? When she was her on lawyer?

She is sick. If that is true, I wish JM could tell the jury that, while also showing the interrogation tape where she asks to see them, out of morbid curiosity (under the guise that she doesn't know what happened), as well as her peaking through fingers in court, while hiding her face and pretending to cry.

Wow I never heard that!

I wonder why they aren't calling Brewer... Did he refuse?

This raises a question - during the mitigation phase - are these witnesses for the DT under subpeona or is this a free will thing ?
I thought about Mr. Brewer as he seemed to be a reluctant witness who still had some feeling for the murderer, but he certainly was not comfortable about having to testify. Based on that, I simply cannot see him volunteering to say a few good words for her in this final phase. Guess it is a certainty that Mr. McCartney will not be present...

Guess I should have read this page first :D

Why are we even having a defense presentation???

I thought It wanted the DP?? WHAT!!! She lied!!! Just 3 days ago????

I have zero, ZERO, sympathy for her parents and other family. They and they alone raised the monster known as JA today.
Respectfully snipped by me ...

I do have some compassion for her brothers and sisters. As far as we know, they are not complicit in the murder and will have to endure years of mental torture knowing what their sister did to Travis. Everywhere they go ... school, the grocery store, doctor's office, etc, they will be subject to the staring, whispering, taunting, possible threats and whatever else the public comes up with in an attempt at persecution. The best bet for the Arias family would be to pack up, leave Yreka, and go to a place where no one knows them.

Their current or future anguish is not anywhere near the level that the Alexander feels every day with the loss of Travis. But I do think it merits a brief mention ...

Wow I never heard that!

She did act as her own lawyer at one stage briefly (this is around the time the pedo letters were in play), and she was found with unauthorised photographs in her cell, we are not sure if those photos were crime scene photos or something else.

Wendi Andriano spoke directly to her AZ jury at this point in her trial with papers in hand. I'd love to know what she said. Whatever it was, it didn't work.

Good Morning Team Travis.

I know the Alexander Family must be both look forward too and dreading today. I hope they can feel our love and support.

I heard Juror #8 last night. Was glad to hear his take on the trial. Loved that he admitted to the haircut question! I felt badly for him when he said he felt like he let the Family down. I would have loved to have heard his take on ALV.

I got up at 4AM to ensure I got everything done I need to. Just checking in here before I got for a 3 mile walk with my cocker boy.

Thanks for all the updates....WS'ers :yourock:

Have you got a link to this please???

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/052013/m5770706.pdf

Here is a link to the PDF file of the court minutes. They really did try to withdrawl. Denied!!! Explains the change between CJA and JW yesterday. Poor Jodi, no one wants to stay on the ship with her. I also heard a rumor Dan Freeman was subpoenaed by the defense to speak for Jodi, and he sent the defense an email saying he would speak but was not against Jodi getting the DP. I also saw People had an article saying someone close to Jodi has said she changed her mind, she doesn't want the DP. :facepalm:

Does anyone know what Rules of Evidence apply at this phase? I'm thinking it's only a preponderance of evidence proves mitigation and hearsay rules are out the window?

I'm no lawyer, but I understand that there is broad latitude and counsel will not be objecting during the victim impact statements.

Not sure on Defense witnesses, should there be any; e.g., Darryl 'Gas Cans' Brewer.

CKJA is or was a 27 year old woman not a 3 year. she killed Travis. there is no excuse to blame childhood cause childhood is way back in the past. she went on with her life since .she worked, learned to drive a car. had sexual relationships. knew how to make bank accounts,knew how to use the internet and a mobile phone. as far as I knew she was not on drugs or alcohol when she boldly had (if) sex with Travis Alexander .killed him with no mercy maybe cause she told all those lies to her hometown friends about marrying a guy up the ladder, and knew how to plan her getaway... she left home at 18 according to her parents she never moved back home. her parents have no clue what their daughter was doing during those 10 years. as her dad said, Travis was the guy his daughter was going to marry. what other lies she fed them we don't know. CKJA lived a lie and a fake life to look more important then she is to her family. it takes brains and zero empathy and compassion to pull off something like that.

I heard on HLN last night that ALV was scheduled to testify if they got to this phase. Didn't know if that was still a plan.

That would be (almost!) hysterical. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Hope you all have a good day today. Someone please wave a donut and a fresh coffee under my nose when JSS enters the courtroom to start the proceedings today.

My prediction is that Jodi will talk, because she just can't help herself. The only person Jodi loves is Jodi. And while I'm sure her DT will give her talking points and tell her not to stray from them, she just won't be able to help herself. And then the rambling will begin. She will "apologize" and "show remorse", but it will be in such a backhanded passive-aggressive fashion that she will continue to make digs at Travis and family while trying to come off as Little Miss Innocent.

I think Jodi still believes that she can talk herself out of any situation and manipulate the jury. Personally, I don't think they're buying ANY of what she is selling.

Having said that, I'm not convinced that the jury will impose the death penalty.

If the jury does not vote for the death penalty, what happens? Would they be able to vote on LWOP or is it left up to JSS to impose the sentence?

BBM

I feared that as well, but have made a conscious decision that in future when I hear the name Travis Alexander I will think of Juan Martinez, his advocate, who fought so valiantly for the man who was slaughtered by a psychopath.

I agree. She will never ever apologize and it has nothing to do with future appeals. Her post-verdict interview is all the proof anyone needs of that. I bet she hates the fact that she had to keep her mouth shut and face off cameras yesterday. Lots of the attention was paid to Travis and his family last night, as it should be and should have been last Wednesday after the verdict, but you can bet she hated it!

BBM. If CMJA has any chance of avoiding the DP, she will have to get on the stand and apologize to the alexander's and say exactly what she did and why. If she gets up there and still spews her lies about DV, forget about it.

But we all know, she'll never do that. Nurmi can talk about how horribly she was treated, but the jury obviously doesn't believe that. The truth will have to come out if she ever wants to be spared the needle.

Just my opinion.

Mel

I agree. She will never ever apologize and it has nothing to do with future appeals. Her post-verdict interview is all the proof anyone needs of that. I bet she hates the fact that she had to keep her mouth shut and face off cameras yesterday. Lots of the attention was paid to Travis and his family last night, as it should be and should have been last Wednesday after the verdict, but you can bet she hated it!

An expert in deception said the interview was jodis attempt to manipulate the publics perception.

beth said on HLN this morning that darryl IS going to speak for her. and that her mother won't be saying anything.

Wow. What kind of mom wouldn't get up there and say anything? If that was my daughter, I wouldn't support her..but I would at least get up there and beg for them to give her LWOP. You would still love your daughter no matter what she did. You wouldn't want her to die.

Did you guys see that Defense Counsel tried to withdraw from the case during a hearing?

Also at the same hearing, the Defendant's wish to have victim impact statements done through videotape was DENIED also their request for discovery of what the family was going to say during victim impact was DENIED.

I think her attorneys wanted to quit after that stupid after-verdict interview Jodi did.

Attachments

• denied.pdf
    9.9 KB · Views: 40
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads