AK - Anchorage, Fem UP14519, 18-40, in homeless camp, Nov'15 - Christy Williams

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by Romulus, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Romulus

Romulus Active Member

NamUs UP Case 14519

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/14519

Unidentified Unsure Female
    * Found November 6, 2015 in Anchorage, AK
    * Estimated Year of Death: 2015

[​IMG]

Vital Statistics
    * Estimated age: 18-40 years old
    * Approximate Height: 54' estimated
    * Distinguishing Characteristics:
    1. A 3.0 x 0.4-cm vertically oriented scar is on the anterior right foot near the ankle. 2. A 4 x 0.5-cm obliquely oriented scar is on the anterior right knee.
    * Dentals:
    charting is available and will be entered later
    * Clothing/Jewelry:
    Pink socks, sweatpants.

* DNA: Sample available - Not yet submitted

Case History:
    Unidentified female found deceased in homeless camp near 536 West 17th Avenue in Anchorage.

2. Loading...

3. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Active Member

she looks NA or Aleutian.

4. KayElJay

KayElJay Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The NamUs page for this case has been restricted/pulled. Excuse my ignorance, but is there a way to confirm if this UID has been identified?

5. KayElJay

KayElJay Moderator Staff Member Moderator

http://www.adn.com/article/20151118/tips-help-identify-dead-woman-found-anchorage-homeless-camp

6. bflocket

bflocket Active Member

That's hard to say. Once someone is identified, their page will give you a "Permission Error..." message. I wish they'd state if someone was actually identified, rather than giving you an "error" message.

There are also UID's whose info is in the process of being updated that give you the same message. And sometimes they're withdrawn by LE for reasons unknown (though they haven't actually been identified). That's the case with a UID somewhat local to me. She was found in northern KY and her case-file has been pulled though she hasn't been identified.

Though there are many cases where an ID isn't publicly announced, I'd check the local (to the area of discovery) news media to see if anything is said about an ID. That can be tricky too, in the case of someone being missing from somewhere that's far from the place they're discovered.

But since the story acts like this ID is "official," we should move this to the Identified forum.