GUILTY AK - Ashley Johnson-Barr, 10, Kotzebue, 6 Sep 2018 *Arrest*

Search continues in Alaska for missing 10-year-old girl

17604344_G.jpg

In cold water, three divers search under floating docks and small boats.

Above ground, crews are deployed to recheck areas not searched thoroughly for any clues to where Johnson-Barr is.

Despite their days of hard work, authorities say the volunteer army is set to be scaled down.

Despite the enormous expanse, officials aren't giving up hope. However, weather conditions are becoming a factor.

Officials say they plan to expand the search further outside of Kotzebue on Thursday.
To me that means LE is definitely thinking about foul play. In fact I bet they were running a dual investigation at the outset - searching for Ashley as a lost child and also checking out relatives and friends.

And that may also explain why so many FBI agents were sent in. Something's up.

I dont Believe she would make her way to the water by her own doing. She’s 10. She’s not a curious toddler. I have a ten year old. We live by a lake. There is zero interest between her and that body of water.
I can’t bring myself to put accidental drowning on my list of possible scenarios.

I dont Believe she would make her way to the water by her own doing. She’s 10. She’s not a curious toddler. I have a ten year old. We live by a lake. There is zero interest between her and that body of water.
I can’t bring myself to put accidental drowning on my list of possible scenarios.
I agree. But it only takes a small distraction to peak someone’s curiosity. An accident may have happened when checking the distraction out. imo

Search for Kotzebue girl shifts to law enforcement investigation
This article certainly makes it sound like LE doesn't think Ashley is missing by accident at all.
I don't think so either. My hinky meter has been going off big time, just going by what facts we have. In my opinion, there's more to this, they need to dig deeper and closer. I may be wrong, but one thing I do pray is that she is somewhere safe and sound and is ok. Poor darling, whatever happened to her, I hope she is found soon, good or bad, and answers come soon for loved ones and friends.

D -- I had that wrong

Last edited:
The percentage of sex offenders in one isolated town is a recipe for disaster right there. If they are all known to one another I hate to think of what they could do. Could explain the large amount of FBI presence there. 28 of them on one island? With 3 whose whereabouts are unknown. This sounds horrible.

She went missing a week ago. Where did this 10-year-old Alaska girl go?
September 13, 2018 03:07 PM
Updated 22 minutes ago

Nothing new, analyzing her phone to make sure it was working correctly.

"That search effort included 15 FBI agents in Kotzebue, a city of around 3,200 located along the northwestern coast of Alaska; federal law enforcement supplemented local search efforts that included state troopers, Kotzebue Police Department and between 40 and 50 search-and-rescue volunteers, according to the Anchorage Daily News."

The percentage of sex offenders in one isolated town is a recipe for disaster right there. If they are all known to one another I hate to think of what they could do. Could explain the large amount of FBI presence there. 28 of them on one island? With 3 whose whereabouts are unknown. This sounds horrible.
Oh yes, they all hide in small towns like mine. You only have to look up your town to find out who's a registered sex offender near you. There's also those who don't register and hide in small towns like ours. I was absolutely appalled by how many were in a two mile radius around my house, and I live out in the country! Next town over a few other towns around us, same thing.

September 13, 2018 03:07 PM
Updated 22 minutes ago

Nothing new, analyzing her phone to make sure it was working correctly.

"That search effort included 15 FBI agents in Kotzebue, a city of around 3,200 located along the northwestern coast of Alaska; federal law enforcement supplemented local search efforts that included state troopers, Kotzebue Police Department and between 40 and 50 search-and-rescue volunteers, according to the Anchorage Daily News."

I just would like to know who was the very last person to see her and when! Was it when school got out, by the park, in the park? Who and where? They don't have anybody that remembers seeing her or this so called friend that was with her? Why is it taking so long to determine when she was last seen by anyone? Did she actually go to school that day? Was she absent from school? I mean, why is it taking so long to have a simple question answered. We don't even have a time line of what she did or where she was last or during that day or the day before.

This poor child, I hope she is ok, like the rest of you. It just scares me that in that small town, no one has any information at all to help find her!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back