GUILTY AK - David Grunwald, 16, found deceased, Anchorage, 13 Nov 2016 *arrests*

Oh, that Erick Almandinger looks like a sad, unremourseful no-empathy person I'd never like to meet.
Renfro looks mentally incapacitated - no offence to anyone.
AB is the main one showing any remorse. He looks truly sad.
I hope this will turn at least one young person off ever trying or doing drugs, no matter how "healthy" they're supposed to be.

RIP David :rose:

I'm sorry but I don't care what little tales these boys are telling but this crime had ZERO to do with a bit of weed. Zero. I'm 100% convinced this was a thrill kill plain and simple.
Even E's grandmother said her Grandson killed a kid for "fun". Disgusting lot.

Erick uploaded a rap song he made and sings but can't remember the site. It was not very good.

Has anyone else read that the alleged Anchorage killer of 2 parents killed on Christmas eve in front of their children is related to Devin? Looking at the FB pages they all seem to know each other or have a friend connection. Isn't it a small town? I have seen "friends" posts (since deleted) these kids have killed before. Hoping if there are other victims they will be found. It's like a little pocket of evil there.

Sexual assault, child *advertiser censored* charges filed in cases linked to death of Palmer teen
Court documents show that the investigation into the killing of David Grunwald has led to two other separate criminal cases, one involving a teen already charged in the death of the popular 16-year-oldfrom Palmer.

Devin Peterson, an 18-year-old from Wasilla, was charged late last month with possessing child *advertiser censored* and distribution of indecent materials to minors, according to a Palmer grand jury indictment filed in court Friday.

In another case, 22-year-old Jordan Santistevan was charged last week with first-degree sexual assault and other charges based on evidence discovered during the Grunwald investigation, according to a sworn affidavit filed with the charges in Palmer court. Santistevan was living in Wasilla last summer.

That group was pretty much guraranteed to end up exactly where they are. So many other cases connecting now....

I feel such disgust.

When I clicked on Erick fb is says he changed his profile pic 23hrs ago? Does that mean he is out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teens accused in Grunwald murder attend pretrial conference
Three of the four teens accused of involvement in the kidnapping and murder of 16-year-old David Grunwald last November appeared in Palmer Superior Court Tuesday morning for their first pretrial conference before Judge Gregory Heath. Another was represented via teleconference. Erick Almandinger, Dominic Johnson and Austin Barrett entered the courtroom one at a time before the conference got underway.

Next court appearance scheduled for October 4.

A few updates.

Devin Petersen took a plea deal that resulted in the child *advertiser censored* charges being dropped.

Solely Grunwald defendant not charged with homicide takes plea deal. His brother did the identical in one other killing. - Kaplan Herald

Peterson, the only teen involved in the high-profile Valley murder not actually charged with killing Grunwald, made state and federal plea deals that promise six and three years in prison for a total of nine years flat time.

The deals mark the first courtroom resolution reached in the 2016 murder of the popular 16-year-old near Palmer. The sentences still need judicial approval.

Peterson concealed the .40-caliber Ruger and 9mm Springfield used to pistol-whip and kill David Grunwald for another teen who told him he‘d killed Grunwald and needed to cover up the crime, Kalytiak said, reading from documents.

Then, he continued, Peterson lent that teen — 16-year-old Erick Almandinger — and another two gas cans to torch Grunwald‘s Bronco.

He told them to “burn that b—-,” Kalytiak said.

An investigator later found the semiautomatic pistols and another weapon — all of them loaded — in a black North Face backpack at the Peterson home near Wasilla, he said. Peterson had kept the guns in a shed and shot them.

Almandinger and three others — Dominic Johnson, Austin Barrett and Bradley Renfro — remain jailed on murder charges. They face at least two trials starting with Almandinger‘s in May.

Last week, Peterson entered a guilty plea in the separate federal case in Anchorage to distributing a controlled substance to a minor.

The state plea deal on the Grunwald charges dismisses the *advertiser censored* and distribution charges.

Peterson‘s state sentencing hearing is scheduled for April 30.

David's parents filed a civil lawsuit.

New allegations surface in murder of David Grunwald - Mat-Su Valley Frontiersman

The parents of David Grunwald filed a civil lawsuit last week, as they are accusing several people of supplying the pistol used in the December 2016 murder of their teenage son.

Erick Almandinger, Bradley Renfro, Dominic Johnson and Austin Barrett are all currently awaiting trial on charges related to David Grunwald’s murder. The lawsuit filed, by David’s father on Jan. 16, appears to name two other teenagers who allegedly gave the murder weapon to Almandinger, Renfro, Johnson and Barrett in exchange for drugs.

Also named as defendants are the teenagers’ mothers and the owner of the gun – a man one of the teenagers was living with at the time. In the lawsuit, he is accused of not securing the pistol, allowing the two teenagers to access it and trade it to Grunwald’s accused killers.

"[He] had a duty to secure this weapon, so that it could not be used in the manner in which it eventually was, to kill an innocent child," the lawsuit reads.

The new litigation comes just over two months before Renfro, Johnson and Barrett are scheduled to go to trial on April 2, according to online court records. A date for Almandinger’s trial has not yet been set, as the court is still considering a request from his attorney to hold the hearing outside of the Mat-Su Borough.

A few updates.

Devin Petersen took a plea deal that resulted in the child *advertiser censored* charges being dropped.

Solely Grunwald defendant not charged with homicide takes plea deal. His brother did the identical in one other killing. - Kaplan Herald

David's parents filed a civil lawsuit.

New allegations surface in murder of David Grunwald - Mat-Su Valley Frontiersman

Thank you for the updates. I hope justice is served for this horrific crime.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Second trial set for Grunwald murder suspect

Last month Judge Gregory Heath granted a motion for Dominic Johnson’s trial to be separated from co-defendants Bradley Renfro and Austin Barrett.

At a hearing in Palmer on Wednesday, state prosecutors and Johnson’s attorney agreed on a trial date of September 24.

Renfro and Barrett are still being tried together. Online court records indicate their trial day is set for April but Kalytiak said he doesn’t think attorneys will be ready for trial until early 2019. Almandinger’s trial is scheduled to begin May 1.

http://www.ktva.com/story/37489535/parents-of-suspect-in-grunwald-murder-testify

At the end of the post-polygraph interview, Sgt. Wegrzyn told Erick he was only charging him with murder and kidnapping "because it makes my paperwork easy and keeps you in jail".

"I understand, thank you,” Erick replied.

"Don’t thank me. I’m just doing my job,” Sgt. Wegrzyn responded. “It’s actually a pretty ****** one because I have to take you away from her (mom) and your dad. I get to tell Edie and Ben their son is dead and I found him covered in snow-- 200 feet off the Knik River Road-- executed for no good reason. So don’t thank me. It’s not been a fantastic night for anybody.”

Iannaccone and Kalytiak also have different ideas of what kind of and how many photographs jurors should see during the trial.

Kalytiak said his photos are broken up into three categories: pictures of Grunwald’s body where it was found in the woods, close up pictures of Grunwald’s hands and arms taken during an autopsy that show his injuries from being pistol-whipped and pictures of his head that show he was executed.

He said all that evidence shows this was a planned attack.

Trial for defendants in David Grunwald case likely to start next year

http://www.ktva.com/story/37790682/trial-for-defendants-in-david-grunwald-case-likely-to-start-next-year

Public defenders representing the teens told the judge they wouldn't be available until 2019. Edie Grunwald, who has vowed to attend every proceeding, said the pace is causing her nothing but frustration.

"For us to have to go into 2019, for them to have to go to 2019 is unacceptable," said Grunwald. "There's no reason for it. The attorney says it's a high priority, one of the defendant's attorneys. If it's such a high priority why do we have to wait till 2019?"

The trial for the first of David Grunwald's accused killers starts Monday, a year and a half after the 16-year-old was slain in woods near the Knik River.

Jury selection begins Monday in Palmer Superior Court for the trial of Erick Almandinger, now 18, whose December 2016 confession revealed the first details of the grim killing.

Grunwald went missing in November 2016. His torched Ford Bronco was found the next day at the base of the Talkeetna Mountains, but his body wasn't located for three weeks.

Almandinger told investigators Grunwald came over to drink and smoke marijuana but was pistol-whipped by a group of teens in a trailer and then driven in the Bronco to a remote spot near the river, where he was shot once.

Three suspects besides Almandinger charged in Grunwald's death face separate trials starting later this year. A fourth is scheduled to be sentenced on evidence tampering charges in August.

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/cri...-in-grunwald-killing-starts-monday-in-palmer/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back