GUILTY AK - David Grunwald, 16, found deceased, Anchorage, 13 Nov 2016 *arrests*

Yes, it was the similarity in scenes and circumstances that caught my attention. I thought the names were in the link I posted, sorry about the confusion! This is likely the couple in question:
http://www.ktva.com/missing-fairbanks-couple-disappears-pickup-truck-troopers-say-324/

Not that I think David knew these two, but could there be a common factor?

ETA I think they can still read the license plate on the truck found near David's home.

That is odd. There is another recently missing teen from Anchorage and I wondered if they could have been together: http://www.ktuu.com/content/news/Help-locate-missing-teen-Mary-Rotzler-403482236.html

I hope that is not them in the burned out Bronco. How likely is it to find TWO burned Broncos in Alaska in a short time? If there are two, is it possible the first one they found was not DG's Bronco?

ETA: Mary's thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ge-early-November-2016&highlight=Mary+Rotzler

A $10,000 reward paid through Victims for Justice is being offered for information leading to Grunwald's recovery "and/or the arrest of any person(s) responsible for his disappearance."

Crime Stoppers is offering a $1,000 reward.

A nonprofit private investigation firm is offering an anonymous tip line where anyone who knows anything — especially other teens or young people — can leave a message at 907-290-8999.

Troopers are still investigating Grunwald's disappearance and seeking any information from someone who saw him or his Bronco Sunday night or Monday morning. The number for Mat-Su troopers dispatch is 907-352-5401.

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/mat...of-missing-palmer-teen-desperate-for-answers/

The Bronco turned up about 21 miles and 33 minutes from the house on Smith Road where David dropped his girlfriend, according to a route search by Ben Grunwald and a buddy. Also, at least one cellphone "ping" from David's phone was tracked to a tower near Palmer in the hours after he went missing.

David called his mother around 6:30 p.m. to say he was dropping off his girlfriend, Victoria, and might be late. His mother factored in the icy roads and said 9:20 p.m. was good.

Adam Mokelke, Victoria's father, has said that David dropped her off around 6:30 or 7 p.m. that night at the house on Smith Road.

The Grunwalds started to worry when David wasn't home at 9:20. Edie [David's mother] called Victoria around 9:40 p.m. and apparently woke her up, she said. Victoria said David had left about an hour earlier. That would have been 8:40, Ben Grunwald said.

So the couple got into the car and drove up and down Smith Road. They thought maybe David had rolled his car or gotten into some kind of trouble on the way out.

They drove the road twice. Then they drove to the troopers post in Palmer and reported their son missing.

Victoria, not long after the first conversation, remembered David had said he might go to see a friend in Palmer.

He never showed up there, Edie Grunwald said.

David "talked smack" sometimes, bragging, as his mother put it. But he also checked in often and followed routines.

Maybe David got into trouble with a friend of a friend of a friend — the second or third circle away from the familiar group they already know, his parents wonder. Maybe somebody targeted him for money or the Bronco.

he Bronco was abandoned down a road with just one way in. It's unlikely whoever dumped it walked out alone. That makes at least two people, maybe, who know something, Ben [David's father] said.

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/mat...of-missing-palmer-teen-desperate-for-answers/

After reading a more detailed description of Victoria's info, I think she needs to be questioned more. She is the last known person to have seen him.

I wonder who dropped her off. She says it was David. Her father says Victoria was dropped off, that David did not come in. It could've been anyone who dropped her off.

Yet I also read here on WS that David's last text was to Victoria AND that the text was sent during a time they would have been together.

And she was asleep by 9:40pm?

Like David's family has said, there are teens in that community who know what is going on. One day, when they have kids, they will understand the fear David's parents are feeling right now. I hope someone speaks up.

No updates on this case?

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.

Marking my spot.

Wonder if there are any clues on the fb or other social media of the friend he was supposed to see that night ?
Someone knows something; imo.

First time posting. I usually just observe. But anyway... I have been watching David's friend's posts on FB. Not saying any names because I'm not sure that's allowed. One of the friends had post a a pic of another post (sorry if confusing) that was a bit accusatory. The friend replied that they need to look at 2 other friends who are drug addicts. He further stated that David was with these 2 after dropping the girlfriend off. With further prodding (from the original somewhat accusatory poster) the friend gave their names. All are juveniles. But I agree with watching social media. Kids love to talk. Hope I didn't violate any rules. Just want David found. I also get a weird vibe between this friend & his girlfriend after reading there posts to one another. But vibes can mean nothing.

Just posted before seeing this about friend and drugs. One of David's FB friends said David was with 2 drug users after dropping girlfriend off.

Just posted before seeing this about friend and drugs. One of David's FB friends said David was with 2 drug users after dropping girlfriend off.
Welcome to posting and great observations! I hope LE is watching facebook.
You might want to consider sharing with LE, even though I am pretty sure it is being watched.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks, LE very short handed there. PI has been informed. Hoping someone here can add to observations and help find him.

Thanks, LE very short handed there. PI has been informed. Hoping someone here can add to observations and help find .

Thanks for the info dsdebow.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

David has been recovered [emoji22]

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPiecesNetwork/posts/1609892632650242:0
3c1acb41e3b3654086bd401b1fa72a14.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIP David :(

I am relieved he was found so quickly and those responsible will be prosecuted. I am curious how close the location of his body was in relation to the car.

RIP David :(

I am relieved he was found so quickly and those responsible will be prosecuted. I am curious how close the location of his body was in relation to the car.

Without being a local, maps show about 30 minutes between location of the burned out Bronco and the location of David's remains.

It is expected that more people (youth) will be charged.

Early leads pointed to the same people, including the 16 year old who has been charged.

http://www.frontiersman.com/news/gr...cle_85d3ba62-b99c-11e6-ba49-4f30a47178a7.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back