AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 1 Feb 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The window of time is so short, with her boyfriend arriving and closing the station. I hope LE is also looking at survellience from past days on the off chance the perp was hanging around. MOO

Still hoping she took the money with a friend and faked abduction... better bad character :eek:(

I agree the window is very short....and "lucky" since her bf happened to get hung up at work and was late. The fact that 2 cups of coffee were left on the counter makes me think she was making them for herself and her bf, and either someone walked in, or knocked at the door and she let them in. It almost seems like a set-up to me.....someone that was "in-the-know", so to speak, regarding her habits. I wonder if her bf always picked her up or if she drove herself at times? That short window really eats at me for some reason, because it seems that if her bf wasn't late, then she isn't missing right now.

jmo

I wonder how much money was in the cash register.

I agree the window is very short....and "lucky" since her bf happened to get hung up at work and was late. The fact that 2 cups of coffee were left on the counter makes me think she was making them for herself and her bf, and either someone walked in, or knocked at the door and she let them in. It almost seems like a set-up to me.....someone that was "in-the-know", so to speak, regarding her habits. I wonder if her bf always picked her up or if she drove herself at times? That short window really eats at me for some reason, because it seems that if her bf wasn't late, then she isn't missing right now.

jmo

I don't recall seeing a time given for when the robbery and kidnapping occurred, but articles do state she was last seen at 8:00 and LE is looking for witnesses who may have seen her and her abductor between 8:00 and 8:30 (8:30 maybe being the time her BF arrived). Doesn't a surveillance camera record the time of each picture it takes?

ITA it seems like too much of a coincidence that Samantha's BF ordinarily would have been at the stand around 8:00, but was delayed by work. Makes me think there is more than one involved in this, and someone was also monitoring Dwayne (the BF). If so, that would suggest that the perp(s) IS/ARE known to SK. Again, it's the only reason I can imagine the perp would take SK with him. Wonder if her family will be getting a ransom note within the next few days.

I don't recall seeing a time given for when the robbery and kidnapping occurred, but articles do state she was last seen at 8:00

Right, but it seems that another patron would have seen her before 8:00. YK? So, I assume, the abduction must have occurred close to 8:00.

I just really hope she is found safe.

Right, but it seems that another patron would have seen her before 8:00. YK? So, I assume, the abduction must have occurred close to 8:00.

I just really hope she is found safe.

Depends on how busy the stand gets near closing time. If the perp was posing as a patron when he approached the stand, then the robbery probably occurred just prior to 8:00. That's why the speculation about someone casing the coffee stand in the days prior to the robbery. The robber would want to hit at a time the stand wasn't busy. Anyway, I'm saying that if the robbery did happen shortly BEFORE 8:00, the reported 8:00 sighting of SK was probably the surveillance footage of her being led away by her kidnapper. KWIM?

ETA: Dillysmom, I think I understand what you're saying now and it would make sense, given those times in MSM. LE is probably basing a timeline on the witness of a patron who visited the stand shortly before closing and left just at 8:00. So, assuming that the surveillance footage doesn't include a timestamp, LE knows per witness that SK was still there at 8:00 so the footage captured on camera occurred after 8:00. And, if Dwayne arrived at the stand at 8:30, then LE would know that the robbery and kidnapping occurred between 8:00 and 8:30. Sorry for the confusion.

I'm not confused (yet), I also speculated up thread that he was casing the stand. I don't think boyfriend would normally pick her up 30 minutes after work. Cleaning up shouldn't take any time at all, especially if it's slow near closing. I assume they are checking out boyfriend as well. MOO

Samantha's missing Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/help.find.samantha?sk=wall

Her Father has posted a $12,500 reward and people in the community are rallying behind her family. Good to see all the support and love being shown.

I looked at the weather forecast, horrible weather for searching and I hope it's not hampering LE. If there was anything caught on video surveillance from another business in the area (hopefully a vehicle), LE will have this info by now and hopefully progress is being made.

Channel 11 is going to be at the House of Harley to interview Samantha's friends today, I assume they will load the video to the website later today. http://www.ktva.com/

I'm not confused (yet), I also speculated up thread that he was casing the stand. I don't think boyfriend would normally pick her up 30 minutes after work. Cleaning up shouldn't take any time at all, especially if it's slow near closing. I assume they are checking out boyfriend as well. MOO

I'm so glad you're not confused. I'm trying to follow too many cases and am not getting enough sleep!

James Koenig, the father of 18-year-old barista Samantha, pleads for her safe return. Police say Samantha was seen on a security video being abducted Wednesday night from a Midtown Anchorage coffee stand. Video by Casey Grove, Anchorage Daily News.

[ame="http://vimeo.com/36212720"]'Send her home': Father of abducted barista pleads for her return on Vimeo[/ame]

Somebody was smart enough to hit that place right at closing time, more money to be had, just before she would have put it in the safe, if there is one. But I can't imagine there being that much money on hand, maybe a few hundred dollars if that much. And if the owner/manager had come by earlier to pick up the cash to deposit, there wouldn't even be that much. Maybe this robbery was just a little icing on the cake and their real purpose was to abduct Samantha. They may have been watching her for a few days, and figured out when the best time was to hit.

Petition for 'long term sexual assault.' Then she does not show up for court to get the order of protection. ??? I wonder if he threatened her and she decided not to follow through?

I did the same in my early 20's. Had a boyfriend who was abusive. I dropped the charges cause we just couldn't be apart. Thank God I left him after a while.

Somebody was smart enough to hit that place right at closing time, more money to be had, just before she would have put it in the safe, if there is one. But I can't imagine there being that much money on hand, maybe a few hundred dollars if that much. And if the owner/manager had come by earlier to pick up the cash to deposit, there wouldn't even be that much. Maybe this robbery was just a little icing on the cake and their real purpose was to abduct Samantha. They may have been watching her for a few days, and figured out when the best time was to hit.

My suspicion is that the abduction was the main goal, not the robbery.

And something tells me it was someone she knows. The cops won't say but her dad has said that he thinks she knew the abductor (he would not elaborate at all on that).

There's a little more information in this new ADN story: http://www.adn.com/2012/02/04/2300441/father-offers-reward-for-baristas.html

The messages on this page are sooo disturbing!

I agree. It looks to me like she had an angry stalker. I doubt this was a robbery. It looks more like it was planned as a way to get to her. :rose:

My suspicion is that the abduction was the main goal, not the robbery.

And something tells me it was someone she knows. The cops won't say but her dad has said that he thinks she knew the abductor (he would not elaborate at all on that).

There's a little more information in this new ADN story: http://www.adn.com/2012/02/04/2300441/father-offers-reward-for-baristas.html

Welcome to Websleuths z560 :seeya:

Samantha's middle initial is "T" and her DOB is 08/30/93.
Don't think that is her page, most of the friends on that list are from Oregon too.

I can't imagine that Samantha Lee Koenig would not close that page if it were indeed hacked? Facebook can be a nasty place
icon9.gif

Ashley Sollenberger, one of Koenig’s closest friends, remembers the exact moment she first heard the news. The two had met during a summer job at the House of Harley-Davidson, and when they weren’t spending time at Sollenberger’s East Anchorage home or going out to the movies, they would communicate via text or phone.

But the last time Sollenberger heard from her friend was on Monday, when Koenig sent her one last text message before going to bed for the night. On Thursday, Sollenberger received a text from a former House of Harley coworker: “Did you know Samantha is missing?”

She said she instantly tried calling her: the phone was off.

http://www.ktva.com/home/outbound-x...or-Kidnapped-Anchorage-Barista-138727594.html

Investigators are working long hours following any and all leads, Det. David Cordie said Saturday.

"We've got everybody in, working on it," Cordie said. "All information that comes in, we have to look at."

A flood of tips are being assigned one by one to multiple teams of detectives, Cordie said. The police also are following active leads they have generated separate from information from the public, he said.

Cordie would not comment on whether the investigators think the abductor was someone familiar with Samantha Koenig or a stranger. It's unclear if the kidnapper was alone, if he worked with an accomplice or if the abduction involved a vehicle, Detective Slawomir Markiewicz said Friday.

James Koenig said his hunch is that Samantha knew the person or people responsible for her disappearance.

"But I can't give out any names," he said. "The police, I'm sure, have investigated it and I'm sure are questioning these people daily."

He refused to elaborate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member