AK AK - Sandra Lee Davis, 38, Chugiak, 30 Aug 1974

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]Sandra Lee Davis[/h]
  • sandra_lee_davis_1.jpg
  • sandra_lee_davis_2.jpg
Davis, circa 1974

• Missing Since 08/30/1974
  • Missing From Chugiak, Alaska
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 12/16/1935 (82)
  • Age 38 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'4, 120 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description Jeans.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Davis's maiden name is Diehl. Her nickname is Sandy.

[h=3]Details of Disappearance[/h] Davis, her husband of fifteen years, and their two daughters moved from Utah to Chugiak, Alaska in the summer of 1974. Her husband asked for a divorce in August of that year. Davis was reportedly very upset about it and did not want a divorce. She was also unhappy with her life in Alaska.

On August 30, 1974, Davis signed the divorce papers. She was granted custody of the couple's children, but she told relatives she planned to move to California, where she had lived before her marriage, and would leave the children with their father.

At 7:00 p.m., she began weeping and left the family's trailer, leaving her husband and children at home watching television. They assumed she had gone down the road to use a pay phone; she had done so the night before and had been gone three hours.

Davis did not have any money, identification or extra clothing with her when she disappeared. She never returned to her family's residence has never been heard from again.

Her husband reported her missing the next day. He was initially considered a suspect in her disappearance, but he passed a lie detector test and is no longer under suspicion. Dogs repeatedly tracked Davis's scent from her trailer to the pay phone down the road, but they may have simply been following an old trail, as she walked that route frequently.

Suicide was considered a possibility in her case. Davis's husband found a note she had written, apologizing to him for the failure of their marriage. The note did not insinuate suicide and it was undated. If she did in fact take her own life, her body has not been discovered, which is highly unusual.

Authorities are still uncertain as to what happened to Davis, as little evidence is available in her case. Her family continues to search for her.

Some agencies state that Davis disappeared from Anchorage, Alaska.

http://charleyproject.org/case/sandra-lee-davis

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/16989/

I can understand her... working and living where it is not comfortable... I feel that way now but just with work it is very uncomfortable... but I have the impression that she committed suicide. I don't think she left with someone and she hasn't been kidnapped either. .. you should know her routine and the places she frequents... I don't know if there are any forests in the area but it could be that she was looking for someone to help her disappear...
Those two babies grew up without her mother, I hope her father took good care of them..
either way
rest in peace

Distinctive Physical Features

Other distinctive physical characteristic Front teeth overlap; bottom teeth are crooked

Scar/mark Scars on both legs

Clothing and Accessories​

Clothing Blue jeans; Blue Levi's jacket; White blouse

Footwear Blue tennis shoes; Stockings

<<Circumstances of Disappearance​

Davis went for an after dinner walk at approximately 19:00 in her hometown of Chugiak, Alaska on August 30, 1974. She never returned home and has not been seen since.

Sandy hated her life in Alaska. She had no car and no phone. She had lived and worked in California before she married. Davis was a registered nurse. She had been married for 15 years, but was on the verge of divorce. She is a Mormon and the mother of two children. The family had moved to Alaska from Utah in the summer of 1974. By the end of August, her husband had asked for a divorce. There had been problems with the relationship for a while, but Sandy didn't want the family to break up. Sandy signed divorce papers on the afternoon of August 30. The papers gave her custody of the children, but the girls told police their mother said that night she had changed her mind. She decided they should stay with their father. She might go make a new life in California, she said, or she might return to Utah. Sandy left the trailer that night after dinner, crying, with no money or identification. She left her husband John and the children watching television, as she had done before, to go for a walk. Usually she walked down the road to a pay phone. The night before she had been gone for three hours. This night, she left and never returned.

Troopers questioned everyone. They dragged the lake and searched the area with dogs. Dogs repeatedly tracked her to the road and the phone. But she walked there often, so that may have been an old trail. They found nothing. John Davis immediately came under suspicion, but he passed a lie detector test and police seemed satisfied that he had nothing to do with his wife's disappearance. Suicide was considered possible, especially after John found a note from Sandy. It said among other things, " it is too late to remedy anything, so instead of me going through life this way, it's better to leave. Take good care of my daughters and your self. Take them to church, it's very important to me." The note was undated.>>

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr
Back