Found Deceased AK- Sawyer Cipolla, 7, Autistic, Responds to vocal howling & names "come on in & Brigadier", Forest Dr, Kodiak, 7 May 2022

We were all so hoping that Sawyer would be found safe.

Condolences to his loved ones, and Rest in Peace dear Sawyer.

I don't think we've had an actual address on Monashka Bay Rd where Sawyer went missing, or where in relation to Pillar Mountain he was located, but this is to give a general idea of the locations. (I selected Walking in the event Sawyer did in fact walk the distance):

Monashka Bay Road to Pillar Mountain

We were all so hoping that Sawyer would be found safe.

Condolences to his loved ones, and Rest in Peace dear Sawyer.

I don't think we've had an actual address on Monashka Bay Rd where Sawyer went missing, or where in relation to Pillar Mountain he was located, but this is to give a general idea of the locations. (I selected Walking in the event Sawyer did in fact walk the distance):

Monashka Bay Road to Pillar Mountain
He lived on forest drive off three sisters, not far from where you started. That’s how you would get up pillar mountain by road. But there’s a million ways if you go through the woods. It was community clean up day, and gorgeous out. Everyone was outside. There’s no way he took the roads without being seen.

So terribly sad. My thoughts and sympathy are with his family and community. Rest in peace, little guy.

He lived on forest drive off three sisters, not far from where you started. That’s how you would get up pillar mountain by road. But there’s a million ways if you go through the woods. It was community clean up day, and gorgeous out. Everyone was outside. There’s no way he took the roads without being seen.
We agree! I’ve been up to those Windmills. It’s hard to think how he tracked through the woods, thicked and everything that the woods have he was a young boy.

We agree! I’ve been up to those Windmills. It’s hard to think how he tracked through the woods, thicked and everything that the woods have he was a young boy.
There are lots of trails throughout that valley from monashka to pillar. I’m not at all surprised he got that far, knowing him. But they were all searched. That spot by the windmills must’ve been flown over 1000 times. It just doesn’t make sense. He was right out in the open, right off pillar mountain road. I don’t get it.

There are lots of trails throughout that valley from monashka to pillar. I’m not at all surprised he got that far, knowing him. But they were all searched. That spot by the windmills must’ve been flown over 1000 times. It just doesn’t make sense. He was right out in the open, right off pillar mountain road. I don’t get it.
They also took the K9’s up all through there before it was searched and they had no hits only near the cliffs. That is my understanding from the press conference on Saturday. Maybe you have more that I missed.

They also took the K9’s up all through there before it was searched and they had no hits only near the cliffs. That is my understanding from the press conference on Saturday. Maybe you have more that I missed.
There were lots of dogs hits in random places, not not a solid trail. But there was a solid trail to the cliffs and the beach below. But evidently that specific spot isn’t sheer and he could’ve climbed down to the beach. And yes, I think dogs also search pillar, and ground teams. And it’s pillar mountain road, lots of people who couldn’t be on a team in the bush drove up there to look around. It very accessible. How on earth could we have missed him?

Well that was not the outcome we were all hoping for. So sorry for the family.

I cannot count the times that a missing person has been found in an area previously searched. It's all about the topography, thickness of the vegetation, and the experience of the searchers.

Children with mental, intellectual and developmental disabilities can become what is best described as "feral" in their behavior in a wooded environment. They tend to crawl into small places and hide, even from their rescuers. A night outside alone is terrifying to a child who is not used to camping out a lot. They may also find rescuers and even SAR dogs frightening as they are strangers. It is quite possible he was holed up and crawled out with his last bit of strength in an attempt to find water and food. Such a sad ending.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back