Found Deceased AL - Amberly Barnett, 11, Mt. Vernon, DeKalb County, 1 Mar 2019 #2 *ARREST*

Closest one is in Fort Payne, approximately 15 miles/20 minutes one way.

So it is highly unlikely that even a single adult could park and get in & out of Walmart and be driving in 10 minutes... let alone a group of people likely consisting of several children. My guess is 25 minutes to park, walk, shop, checkout, and walk back to car, Minimum! Then add time for couple of kids looking for things they want etc., delays from the group separating in the store, and maybe even stopping for gas.

IMO, they had to be gone about 1 hour 15 miniutes, Absolute Minimum! It was most likely considerably longer. This horrid crime required a window of OPPORTUNITY and TIME, especially considering the distance from the house where the body was found... 200 yards is waaaay back through the woods along the far tree line.

So it is highly unlikely that even a single adult could park and get in & out of Walmart and be driving in 10 minutes... let alone a group of people likely consisting of several children. My guess is 25 minutes to park, walk, shop, checkout, and walk back to car, Minimum! Then add time for couple of kids looking for things they want etc., delays from the group separating in the store, and maybe even stopping for gas.

IMO, they had to be gone about 1 hour 15 miniutes, Absolute Minimum! It was most likely considerably longer. This horrid crime required a window of OPPORTUNITY and TIME, especially considering the distance from the house where the body was found... 200 yards is waaaay back through the woods along the far tree line.

I absolutely agree!

I truly believe that this was a planned event by CM. I think he either saw the others leaving and knew AB was home alone. Or he became aware that the family was going into town and that AB was not going to be going with them. CM went over there for one reason and I think he had every intentions of doing what he did to AB.

Not a huge window. If he was in fact working on the house or on the outside, and saw them leave, he must have acted as soon as they left, or as soon as he saw through a window that she was still there.

Ugh. Sickening.

IMO, in this day and age the FBI and State Bureaus are pretty much automatically notified and brought in immediately to assist in these investigations, mainly because they can supply resources. Local LE seems to be calling them in automatically these days, it seems, moo.

It has not been confirmed that an FBI CARD team was in fact deployed, but my guuuuess is that it was. Local agencies would likely have tracking dogs on standby for sure.

Iirc I read originally that “searchers” found Amberly. I wonder if any specific SAR groups were called in to assist?

ETA:
I’m still behind in here, maybe it’s mentioned somewhere which agencies, etc. assisted.

I don't believe that has been said. The sheriff only mentioned a broad thank you to all agencies involved at the press conference. I have not seen any list of agencies in MSM.

It may be apparent by looking at photos in MSM that showed the vehicles that were on scene.

Well, we don't know what they were doing at Walmart. They might have just needed one thing. Or Redbox. Or just meeting someone in the parking lot.

Not directly related to AB's death, but definitely pertaining to DV which CM reportedly had serious history of. This is a huge part of the problem. When our local justice system does not take DV seriously we are setting the stage for a continued and worsening problem. And in the recent case I am linking to, it's not even a he-said she-said case. He walked into a Walmart and stabbed her multiple times and he will only serve 6mos jail time. Until DV is taken seriously by those with the authority to seriously curb it, it'll only get worse and innocent people, like AB, will continue to be harmed or killed.

Survivor shares disappointment after estranged husband gets light sentence in brutal stabbing

I wonder if they picked up the Chinese food AB requested on this trip to WalMart?
this would add more time to the family's trip/errands...

but... Perhaps they had already gotten the Chinese food to eat so that she was eating it WHILE they were gone to WalMart?

Just some thoughts...

I worry about how all the other kids in the family and in CM’s family, will ever stand a chance?
AB’s father is in jail(someone posted), meth seems to be all around, DV next door, the mothers are living with boyfriends, the family home was burned down, the homes on the aunts property look in terrible disrepair too.
How are these kids supposed to thrive, be safe, and grow up with good values, when the adults are such messes?
I’m not blaming any circumstances that are out of the adults control, but I don’t get how kids are raised with DV and drugs around. I’ve never known anyone who has done drugs or been to jail. Why is this an acceptable way of life? Why are kids left in such homes to suffer? (Specifically wondering about cm’s kids...). Why would the aunts sister even let cm stay with her own kids in the house, when she’s experienced his violence and must know about his drugs and (possibly) his sexual fantasies?moo

Last edited:
I wonder if they picked up the Chinese food AB requested on this trip to WalMart?

but... Perhaps they had already gotten the Chinese food to eat so that she was eating it WHILE they were gone to WalMart?

Just some thoughts...

Mr. C the husband/SO of AB's aunt stated in a msm interview that AB already had gotten Chinese food and so she wanted to stay home and not go...MOO

This may leave the possibility though that the rest of the family was going to get something to eat in town or even at hot food service inside Walmart....MOO

Last edited:
I worry about how all the other kids in the family and in CM’s family, will ever stand a chance?
AB’s father is in jail(someone posted), meth seems to be all around, DV next door, mothers living with boyfriends, the family home was burned down, the homes aunts property looks in terrible disrepair too.
How are these kids supposed to thrive, be safe, and grow up with good values, when the adults are such messes?
I’m not blaming any circumstances that are out of the adults control, but I don’t get how kids are raised with DV and drugs around. I’ve never known anyone who has sone drugs or been to jail. Why is this an acceptable way of life? Why are kids left in such homes to suffer? (Specifically wondering about cm’s kids...). Why would the aunts sister even let him stay with her own kids in the house, when she’s experienced his violence and must know about his drugs and (possibly) his sexual fantasies?moo

I'm not sure any of CM children were currently under his care.....I can't say any more per TOS

AB’s father is in jail(someone posted), meth seems to be all around, DV next door, mothers living with boyfriends, the family home was burned down, the homes aunts property looks in terrible disrepair too.
I’m not blaming any circumstances that are out of the adults control, but I don’t get how kids are raised with DV and drugs around. I’ve never known anyone who has sone drugs or been to jail. Why is this an acceptable way of life? Why are kids left in such homes to suffer? (Specifically wondering about cm’s kids...). Why would the aunts sister even let him stay with her own kids in the house, when she’s experienced his violence and must know about his drugs and (possibly) his sexual fantasies?moo

Here are screen shots of CM’s back deck and where woods at back of his property begin. The property looks pretty sad. JMO

WAFF.com

Attachments

• 475FF7EB-FD09-4D38-9186-1942FE105CB5.jpeg
    475FF7EB-FD09-4D38-9186-1942FE105CB5.jpeg
    109.8 KB · Views: 123
  • E742E9A1-B9D3-47A3-80F0-EA7BF1FAD0E9.jpeg
    E742E9A1-B9D3-47A3-80F0-EA7BF1FAD0E9.jpeg
    53.8 KB · Views: 647

Just some thoughts...

I took it she stayed home to eat her Chinese food. MOO

Mr. C the husband/SO of AB's aunt stated in a msm interview that AB already had gotten Chinese food and so she wanted to stay home and not go...MOO

This may leave the possibility though that the rest of the family was going to get something to eat in town or even at hot food service inside Walmart....MOO
thanks, ab01...

So AB already had her Chinese food before the family left to go to Walmart...

Not directly related to AB's death, but definitely pertaining to DV which CM reportedly had serious history of. This is a huge part of the problem. When our local justice system does not take DV seriously we are setting the stage for a continued and worsening problem. And in the recent case I am linking to, it's not even a he-said she-said case. He walked into a Walmart and stabbed her multiple times and he will only serve 6mos jail time. Until DV is taken seriously by those with the authority to seriously curb it, it'll only get worse and innocent people, like AB, will continue to be harmed or killed.

Survivor shares disappointment after estranged husband gets light sentence in brutal stabbing

I have to agree with you here. Why people think this man would have been put away over DV I don't know. I know of a similar case, from choking, to hitting head on concrete to an attempt to kill repeatedly in one incident, as described by the gf of CM, resulted in a "disorderly conduct". Never forget either it lets statistics stay with low crime if not charged with assault, etc. Then they bond out and threaten the woman again, a restraining order is nothing but a piece of paper, and the woman sees there is no protection. Or man. Or child. It may vary state by state but it is a FACT. It is not taken seriously.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back