Found Deceased AL - Amberly Barnett, 11, Mt. Vernon, DeKalb County, 1 Mar 2019 #2 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Mar 2, 2019.

1. BingoBongo

BingoBongo Inquiring minds want to know.

Bringing this from closed thread.

"I agree, unfortunately. It is not victim blaming to point out trends and facts. My parents met over homicides, their careers, one a detective, the other a homocide reporter....unfortunately a lot of sexual predators do take extra notice, or are aroused by, young girls in precocious outfits or makeup. Not the victims' fault in the slightest. But is it a fact, yes it is."

Thank you.

2. ab01

ab01 "What is done in the dark always comes to light"

No need to be sorry the more images the better, I just kept trying to describe the property and didn't feel like i could do it properly with words. I hadn't realized you had posted some earlier thx for that!

3. tara83

tara83 Well-Known Member

So what do you suggest?Should all female children/women dress like nuns?That's not going to stop sexual predators.

MrsM, Freddysfling, kmtfl12 and 19 others like this.
  4. ab01

Suspect charged with capital murder in strangling death of 11-year-old Amberly Barnett

"Barnett’s body was found about 200 yards behind Madison’s home early Saturday, Welden said. Barnett had been reported missing late Friday in the Mount Vernon community of DeKalb County, where she was living with her aunt on County Road 822".

Attached image shows a red line marking 200 yards behind the suspects Home.

ETA I assume this may be the reason it took all night searching to find her body. MOO

Attached Files:

8paws, MrsM, kimpage and 29 others like this.
  5. ReckoningDay

ReckoningDay Well-Known Member

Well sadly this went down precisely how I expected from.day one. Poor Amberly. Every ..Single . Person . In ..Her ..Life..Failed..Her.. There are no heroes in this case except LE who recovered her body and made an arrest within hours. They are the only people in the story who did the right thing Sometimes I really hate the world we live in.

MrsM, Elisaa444, Subiechik21 and 39 others like this.
  6. LietKynes

LietKynes Well-Known Member

That's a distance from the house.We don't know if she was concealed, right ?
    Fairly certain he was going to 'disappear' her forever.

If he'd been locked up for previous assaults on his girlfriend --AB might still be alive.
    That's neither here nor there , still --it's something to think about.

7. NewMama

NewMama Well-Known Member

From everything I've read I feel as though AB was a child who understood the decks were stacked against her. I wonder when was the last time she truly felt safe? So many youth operate are cloaked in unease like this on a daily basis.
    Still, that possible circumstance is very much separate from the heathen who harmed her. And yet right next door. It's a perfect storm seen too often on WS.
    There used to be these emojis - one of them was slamming your head into something. I never figured out how to use them but I always remember Margarita used that one. That's what I feel right now. Rest In Peace, AB.

8paws, MrsM, Elisaa444 and 43 others like this.
  8. aegis100

aegis100 Well-Known Member

@ab01, thanks for that image outlining 200 yards. Looking at topography, the 200 yards is at the edge of downward slope. I wonder if we was attempting to hide the body further but vegetation and the forest prevented it.

9. ab01

No we don't have that information. I can only speculate that she may very well have been placed in a shallow grave. Or maybe he thought it was a far enough distance that he could come back and bury her when he had more time. All just based on speculation from the distance that he took her from the home. It certainly seems as though he was trying to stage a kidnapping, based on previous statements in MSM about the suv. MOO

10. ab01

I think that's probably a pretty good assumption IMO

Subiechik21, vaporlass, Jim_M and 4 others like this.
  11. Beekarina

Beekarina Well-Known Member

I wonder as well, but from what I understand of TOS, it would be a violation to try to determine.

12. whoizzit

whoizzit Well-Known Member

Respectfully spoken in my best Alabama Texas twang: Awww hellll nawww.

Anyone that was beaten that severely had plenty of visible bruises.

There is no rationalizing any DV, especially at that level, as relationship drama. No ma'am.

And anyone that can beat, choke, kick any human to just short of death is fully capable of harming a child.

Zero excuses.

MrsM, Valhalla, painterlady and 36 others like this.
  13. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

It would be great if we could stay on point. Avoid shutting down the thread and all the work that entails for the mods. Just sayin.....

14. Tillicum

Tillicum Well-Known Member

And since LE searched back there they obviously weren't convinced she was kidnapped in that SUV.

15. ab01

Yep I think there were many red flags that probably alerted LE. The first was probably that he was the only other one on the property. And the next was probably the way he was acting...MOO

16. MCDRAW

MCDRAW Well-Known Member

I agree. The killer and the killer alone is to be blamed.

17. Noharg

Noharg Well-Known Member

Subiechik21, anya, vaporlass and 5 others like this.
  18. ACG2x

ACG2x Well-Known Member

Not put away, put down.

I’m sure his public defense will consist of the usual bad childhood, drug use impaired judgement, mental issues, blah blah blah. Get it over with and ship him off to Atmore.

Yaavie, Subiechik21, Stunned and 10 others like this.
  19. Beekarina

Beekarina Well-Known Member

I'm not rationalizing DV.(I actually divorced My ex due to DV. No thanks! ) My post was only to offer possible insight as to how/why the adults responsible for Amberly *might* have let her live next to a violent creep.

Someone asked why. I shared some possibilities.

That's all.

20. MCDRAW

MCDRAW Well-Known Member

I don't care what photo's there are, that is not why he killed her. I have told my girls for years that you need to be careful what you wear because there are sicko's out there. I was wrong. By telling them that, I put the blame on them. I won't go into detail but I realized I had been sending the wrong message. It was never about them. It is and will always be about the pervert being evil sick human beings.

ZoeD, MrsM, EllaMae and 42 others like this.