Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #2

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Oct 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Momof4RN

Momof4RN Well-Known Member

I really hope we eventually find out that reason. I really want to know. Cuz it doens’t make a bit of sense to me. Look how fast he was identified and that could have been done 2 weeks ago. I hate to harp on it and think of all the “what if’s” but ya what if...

2. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

He better hope LE finds him before others do.... imo, speculation.
    Manhunt underway for suspect in Aniah Blanchard case
    Authorities are actively searching for Ibraheem Yazeed, 30, of Montgomery. He should be considered dangerous and potentially armed.
    [​IMG]
    A mug shot showing Ibraheem Yazeed, charged earlier in 2019 with attempted murder, two counts of first-degree kidnapping and two counts of first-degree robbery in an unrelated case. (Source: Montgomery County Detention Facility)
    “Further investigation and analysis of evidence has determined that Yazeed was at the same location Blanchard was last seen and is involved in taking Aniah against her will,” Auburn Police Chief Paul Register said Thursday.

Police say at this point they have no reason to believe Blanchard knew Yazeed, but they can’t rule it out. Police say additional charges and arrests are anticipated.

Subiechik21, misgrn, jash and 10 others like this.
  3. Momof4RN

Momof4RN Well-Known Member

Would need to do some sleuthing on him but my first thought was that he was of African descent. Moo

4. Sleuthinsleuther

Sleuthinsleuther Well-Known Member

The whole “Eric” and the Snapchat texts seem to be confusing y’all for some reason but honestly it’s oretty simple for a criminal.

If you just kidnapped someone and have their phone, obviously you’d say “hanging out with a guy I met off a dating app” it will divert attention and hinder the investigation and make it seem like it wasn’t a random attack. “Hanging with a guy I met on an app” is what I’d say to all the girls I’d kidnap on their phones

5. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

I guess it is possible that he has previous crimes in another name, if this is a relatively new name for him. Or would they not call him Ibraheem Yazeed AKA "John Doe", or vice versa?

6. sleepysleuth

sleepysleuth Well-Known Member

That appears to be a street name, he probably tagged that person originally and they have changed their name on FB or deleted their page. I see names like that often on Facebook.

7. sleepysleuth

The texts didn’t say that though. They just said a guy she just met. I personally think she sent them herself and the timeline is off. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

jenn83, Subiechik21, misgrn and 10 others like this.
  8. Yellowstone

Yellowstone Well-Known Member

Islam is prevlant in sub saharan africa. Imo His parents are probably of African descent

Lynetta, Subiechik21, misgrn and 11 others like this.
  9. Ghost-

Ghost- Active Member

This is what’s going to eat away at me. Truly hopeful it’ll come to light there was a larger plan behind it all but time will tell.

Subiechik21, misgrn, natesma and 5 others like this.
  10. Ashley74

Ashley74 Well-Known Member

Watching her mother just breaks my heart. :( Can’t image what this family is going through. Near the end of the video they talk about the snapchat messages and state that the beginning part
    of the message sounded like Aniah but as it went on they feel that it wasn’t her sending the messages or she was coerced to send them.

Subiechik21, misgrn, MrsM and 16 others like this.
  11. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Aniah Blanchard's father remains hopeful as authorities narrow suspect search
    "The father of missing Auburn teen Aniah Blanchard remains hopeful as authorities execute a manhunt in search of Ibraheem Yazeed, a person they now believe is connected to her Oct. 23 disappearance.

“We say a special prayer every night for our daughter’s safety,” Elijah Blanchard said.

Thursday, after intense social media speculation, police released 29-year-old Yazeed’s name and a warrant for his arrest was issued in connection with Blanchard's disappearance.

“I’m very pleased to know that” there’s a suspect, Blanchard said. “It gives me a sense that maybe we can find out what’s going on, and how did he come about meeting my daughter."

“I never thought twice that Aniah was meeting anyone at any time of night. I just know her personality and the type of girl she is. My daughter was at the wrong place at the wrong time,” he said".

12. sleepysleuth

I just can’t figure out how they know that for sure though since Snapchat doesn’t have timestamps. Even a 5 minute error could change that timeline completely.

13. TJtennispro

TJtennispro Former Member

I 100% agree with your statement. That’s why I said north of that line in Alabama. I’ve seen them on the coast of lots of places but north of the line is all non coastal areas of Alabama.

14. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Where is the link to his fb page please? Busy at work and just catching up. So it is him for sure?

15. manwithnoname

manwithnoname Member

I agree with Yellowstone. His family lineage probably goes back to Africa more recently.

16. cuffem

cuffem Well-Known Member

There are Muslim North Africans who have migrated to the US.

Lynetta, Subiechik21, EllaMae and 6 others like this.
  17. insearchoflight

insearchoflight Well-Known Member

I suspect LE knew a long time ago who IY was and that he was involved but they couldn’t track him down. Releasing the surveillance photo was a tactic to get his family/friends/etc to tip LE to where he’s at in order to get that cash reward.

The snap text exchange is perplexing. If IY was just a stranger and this was an opportunistic crime then I can’t see a reason for him to send those in her phone. Would make more sense if perp was well known to Aniah to throw off suspicion. Or could be that she was with a guy Eric and parted ways, then this happened. We don’t know yet.

Subiechik21, misgrn, natesma and 8 others like this.
  18. Bzzy Bee

Bzzy Bee Well-Known Member

It makes sense that he would lie about his name if he knew he was going to go after her. If he gave his real name out, the police would have known exactly who they were looking for given his criminal history in the area. Or he may not be the one who attacked her, he may have just been the one in charge of finding a victim while another unknown perp did the rest. That could give some reasoning as to why he wasn't ID'd originally if they found any DNA or prints that didn't match the kind they had on file for him

19. Quill

Quill Well-Known Member

DBM

Wrong post quoted.

20. Quill

Quill Well-Known Member

Or he has done time and he converted in prison, which is very common.

Subiechik21, jash, Mominmi and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.